ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 GTMBB

Could understand him putting both shooters in game, late in second half....but why isn't McCormick seeing the floor at all or Ogbonda? Big Ben is playing all 40 minutes and the opposition surrounded him with fresh meat, while banging on his more svelte frame.

Not too many, you are correct sir!

His best chances of winning when the shots won't fall between those two, are (1)defense and (2)hustle. You play defense with your feet and mind, not so much athletic ability. Although, we didn't block out or seal off the back side many times last night.

No doubt, they didn't block out.

There were times when the hustle wasn't there as well, maybe they players were tired from the lack of subs, I don't know. But if they keep playing like this, I don't see another win once 2017 gets here.

The sad thing is that I was expecting something more like what I saw against VCU. That game was nothing like that team.

CJP claims they are in great shape physically.

Notice, I said claims. They mentally looked a step or two slow. Physically, one step in the least.

Exams might have factored in?

Didn't see the game, but I congratulated 3 of my UGA friends... all said that basketball didn't matter, and one wondered why they even play that sport.

I took that as a good thing.

much better 3 point shooting. They had a 10 point lead in the second half. They never gave it up. but let Wofford get within a possession a few times. Clutch free throws in the last few minutes. Good win.

The next 3 games will be tough. Not sure when the next win will be.

NC A&T looks like a probable win next Wednesday, Tusculum on Feb. 7 looks promising. B.C. lost to Fairfield on this past Wed. Also, Nicholls St., Hartford, Harvard, Richmond and Kansas St. beat them. Therefore, my hopes are on them for a win to get us into double digits.

Any other victories are like V.C.U., extra floors on the rebuild.

I agree Buzzforlife, looks like 10 wins to me, more than that will be icing and I have to think we will pull of the odd upset or two. It is what it is, let's hope CJP and staff can pull in a talented stretch 4 from their recruiting forays into Europe for the 2017 class.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Tech won, barely.

whoa, that was close. They couldn't hit a basket most of the second half, then go 5 of 6 in the last few minutes.

As B.C. is putting a thumping on the 'Cuse...now looking forward to the home game vs. Syracuse on Feb. 19, in addition to being at home against the Eagles on Feb. 11.

Not thinking about how we are going to win two of the 18, more about any amount over that to guide us with those '18 & '19 recruits?

Not sure what to make of expectations following the UNC game but it's looking like 4 is at least realistic to think about. One thing that I was incredibly impressed by is the poise we showed when the Cheaters threw a full press at us down the stretch. Except for when we had Kenny who could break those things almost single handedly, I can't remember when we handled a Carolina or Duke press with such efficiency. The decision making, spacing, ball movement, and poise exhibited during that part of the game was a thing of beauty.

Do you remember the days of Cremins fighting Mikey & Micky K.(and Bill Foster won a N.Championship in the late '70's at Duke)for those precious few conference wins in the early '80's? To think how far he took their rebuild is incredible really. Not that I'm not grateful for our success that lasted into the next decade. It seems long ago now.

Love the aggression in CJP's system. Not only do we not have to worry about getting the ball inbounds, not going after loose balls and by not playing some defense-we don't commit stupid fouls or give the game away by being afraid to fail. The final record this year is not as important as the attitude instilled. If teams don't come to play, they will get beat. Even after the Mutt & NC A&T games, I told Jr. walking out of both that brighter days are ahead. Our offense will not always perform this way. We may look bad on the scoreboard, but we don't run the CTO or take the leather off the ball wearing it out.

Recruits want excitement, not to play with an umbrella in their hand when it is a little cloudy.

I expect Okogie to get consideration for rookie of the week again this week. Great game for the young man. He's pushing the expectations higher and higher for himself.

Not sure what to make of expectations following the UNC game but it's looking like 4 is at least realistic to think about. One thing that I was incredibly impressed by is the poise we showed when the Cheaters threw a full press at us down the stretch. Except for when we had Kenny who could break those things almost single handedly, I can't remember when we handled a Carolina or Duke press with such efficiency. The decision making, spacing, ball movement, and poise exhibited during that part of the game was a thing of beauty.

LOL. I understand. Only at GA Tech can we beat Carolina one day and the next wonder if that means we'll get to 4 or 5 ACC wins on the season. This is the sweetness of being a GA Tech fan/alumnus - you do the unexpected and it surprises you as much as them. But it is sweet.

Great game, guys!

You dirty clowns and your chop blocks hope all your cheap players get broken down blow out knees and screw that Gomer Johnson

Classy, classy! Now we know how Bama dominates that soft conference. Just can't tolerate hard-nosed, throw-back, ram it down your throat football. What happened with their "two-headed monster" at RB? Just weak sauce, fellow. Weak sauce.

This comment in a basketball thread...???

Only time GT was guilty of a chop block was during pass protection when the RB went low and that one was called.. Looking for excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT