ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 GTMBB

Maybe having everything go wrong for home game attendance is our mojo angle this season. It worked against the Cheaters!! Yeah...I'm grasping for straws.

I wonder what is says about the area when the Louisville people still show up?
They are better equipped to handle weather in Kentucky(I have stayed previously in Covington, with business in Cincinnati)& the Cards are glad to escape such an inclimate cold climate to come here tomorrow. I know you are referring to their fans, and I could tell you stories about them from the last final four here. They are Hoops crazy, and then some!!!

I'm not even driving to Marta tomorrow for the game. It's on DTV-Peachtree Ch. 17, and not because of my 2002 car. The roads, bridges, ice, other drivers scare me. When Tech has said in the past, if you're not in the area(walking distance, etc.)-stay home...I listen because they don't communicate very well, very often!

Last edited:
They are better equipped to handle weather in Kentucky(I have stayed previously in Covington, with business in Cincinnati)& the Cards are glad to escape such an inclimate cold climate to come here tomorrow. I know you are referring to their fans, and I could tell you stories about them from the last final four here. They are Hoops crazy, and then some!!!

I'm not even driving to Marta tomorrow for the game. It's on DTV-Peachtree Ch. 17, and not because of my 2002 car. The roads, bridges, ice, other drivers scare me. When Tech has said in the past, if you're not in the area(walking distance, etc.)-stay home...I listen because they don't communicate very well, very often!
No doubt about it they are basketball crazy.

When GT was in the Nashville regional, Louisville was there too and no one could get tickets because of those UofL fans. I remember them well.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
No outside shooters. Good job to cut it to 3, but they just could not get it all the way. Good effort. Much better than the last one. Do this the rest of the season and they will win several more.

True enough! ....and looking at the length on some of those Pitino Players, I can see why we tried to take away the slash & gash to the hoop one on one style.

They look like we want to in a few years, athletically!!

Great game by the Jackets. They jumped out to a quick lead. stretched it to 8. Held off the Tigers to halftime as they inched back. Briefly gave up the lead in the second half, then took control again and finished strong on the FT line. Great job.

I was worried when Clemson went to that 1-3-1 zone, but the team attacked it so well. I loved it. They looked great.

They practiced extra offense Tues., Wed. It showed when then hit 50% of their inside the arc shots. 11 assists for two PG's, only 3 TO's.

When CJP claims they have zero margin for error, we need to heed that. If the season ended today with no more games to be played, I would be ecstatic.

after the next 4 if they are 3-5 I will consider that a success. As we saw in the two losses, the lack of outside shooting consistency and options is a severe weakness.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I've been watching some Florida games, especially today vs. those Mutts, mostly because of Canyon Barry. Wanted CJP to take a chance on a fine student and shooter for the next two years. We didn't and he's totally lighting it up as a Grad. Trf.

Playing the what if he came to Tech from C. O. C.?

President Pastner
V.P., Josh Okogie
Secty. of Defense, Ben Lammers
Secty. of State, Quinton Stephens
Attny. General, Tadric Jackson
Point Man, Josh Heath

Ga. Tech Cabinet

Last edited:
Okogie is the Point Forward of the future to build around. You can clear out either side, & he can avoid the charge. No offense to MGH, but this young man is showing us what an all around game he has, when aggressive. Watching him on defense, his athletic ability combined with hoop instincts = incredible.

The future can be bright, talking about sooner if we can gain another piece or two. Imagine Jose with Moore at PG. Tadric with Curtis at 2G. Okogie with Matthews. Inside an MJ Walker or a foreign born Stretch Four. Lammers with a Grad. Trf. that thinks the ACC can be had?

WOW, unbelievable. Pastner's first ACC road win was a good one. This team is shaping up to be much better than everyone thought. Maybe the team is not as devoid of talents as people were saying.

Alright people lets keep this rom growing into over excitement and exuberance. Steady heads needed.
Things are looking good, but the schedule remains a huge challenge. Va Tech will want to prove they are the team that beat up on Duke. Huge challenge. ACC road wins are hard to get.

I was trying to find a source of the ACC road wins, but couldn't find it quickly. But this year even UNC and Duke are losing on the road, so I think it would be tougher than normal.

The opponents coming up at home are ranked in the top 20. No time to feel good about ourselves.

With Tusculum and B.C. at home, I'm thinking lucky 13-anything above that is getting us towards .500

I'll take what we can get, just to be ahead of Duke after 5 conference games....like heaven!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT