ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 GTMBB

Tough game against Clemson.

Road games are hard in the ACC, but when you shoot like the Jackets did in the first half, oh boy is that even harder...

Watching Kellen McCormick nail those three 3-pointers, I'm hoping he gets some minutes vs. B.C. this coming Saturday. He is tall, long-armed, rangy and has experience playing D1hoops. Moves his feet well on defense. Also, Josh Ohhhhkogie has come so far since the Shorter and Tenn.Tech contests early in the season. He gets right in the face of his man covering them up athletically or slot when playing zone. It's rare to watch a freshman take this type of pride in limiting his man to spot up or drive.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/t...ech-win-over-tusculum/S8RFspEUnBrH4QpLP7HdyK/

Not sure what you can take from the game last night. That game won't count in the RPI. Maybe in the W/L record. Glad the bench players got some minutes. Hopefully the starters next game will have more rested legs. AD Gueye will be missed.

Lammers played over a half of basketball in the game. Same with Josh Okogie, Heath. Jackson, Stephens 18 minutes. Good to see McCormick with that same amount and Matthews with 19. Ogbonda got 14 with only 1 foul. Fine TO to assist ratio. Only 3 turnovers in first half, had 13 in second half when starters & rotations changed out.

It was a game we needed coming off injuries and tough contests.

We need Stephens on the floor 100%, or at least as good as he can get quickly. I hope he is careful and doesn't make the injury worse by playing on it.

Not sure why the offense became so stagnant there in the second half. After the team got the lead, Miami clamped down on defense... A few more outside shooters and that could have been a win.

Looked like a clean game on the tweaking injuries front. That's good to see with NCST coming up in less than 48 hours. Let's take care of business on Tuesday, and find a way to steal a road win against the Irish next weekend!!

I have a full plate on Tuesday. Daughter has a HS golf tourney with an 8AM shotgun start that I will attend. Then I have an afternoon full of meetings culminated by an overseas video conference that WILL end minutes before tip off. Go Jackets!!!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Last edited:
Recruits from '17, '18, '19....
M.J. Walker and Jordan Tucker were there as were Ashton Hagans, DJ Burns, Daniel Ramsey and Alex Powell. Huge recruiting night, with a sweet win over a coach of 41 years with 900 victories-in the Loud House!

I was worried there at the end. That illegal screen was a huge call. But they missed a few earlier that helped Syracuse close the gap.

So, GT is on the bubble, but they need some work to make it in. They must split the last 4 and may need to go 3-1 given the depth of the ACC. If they don't get 2 wins, I think they will need 2 wins in NYC at the ACC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT