ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 GTMBB

Okogie just scored more points in a single game than any other freshman in GT's history.

How many ACC Freshmen of the year has GT had over the years? 11?

He could be much better than anticipated.

Last night was certainly a winnable game. I think the team is playing better than most expected. I am not sure many thought they'd have a chance there.

Penn. St. has 3 losses, so just like you, I thought it was a winnable game. A few of our guys looked a little tight, which the uptempo usually cures.

I'm still at the 12 win stage, give or take a few.

When I picked 8-4 for football, I should have stopped there and not suggested the prediction contest. Actually picking Tech Football agrees with me. I'm only behind 3 points in The Hive contest, with one more to go. Had the lead going into Saturday, and selected GT to score 28. I think attendance was off 1k appox. for me.

I don't know if Moore not being there was the key, but the effort Saturday was terrible. Too many turnovers for sure and the shooting was terrible. Shot selection was poor and they could not finish at the rim. I hope we don't have too many more games like that one,

is it time to panic yet?
:eek:

Tennessee was way more athletic than what we've played up until now. Can you imagine what the ACC is going to do to us and any confidence left?

A few more wins and then, let the beatings commence. I think Racquetball might be a sport to take up next. It comes with walls to bang my head against, a racquet if that doesn't work out, and a ball to chase for punishment.

UNC crowd was going to be big anyway. I guess some GT fans will stay. But don't expect many students. Why would they schedule a conference game on New Years EVE?

I know the coaches have been pushing Tadric to get his best. Looks like last night he made a great step forward. He was hitting some clutch shots at the end. I hope this is just a peek at more to come.

Big game next against the in-state rivals.

Looking over their schedule so far, I don't see anything that impressive. But GT really played a bad game at Tennessee, so I guess anything is possible.

Pastner needs this win to stay on the positive side of the fan base.

To say the least, turnovers(particularly traveling called on both teams)made it an ugly game. G.T. could not get the shots to fall. Jackson didn't play any during the first seven minutes of the game. For the initial 35 minutes of it, he and Stephens were scoreless. No punch or firepower on offense and comparing talent level, only Lammers showed up for us. Justin and Josh, played like Freshmen. Matthews tried, not enough minutes to get in sync or do too much.

On the bright side, Kam. Holsey proposed to his sweetheart during a kiss cam, and she accepted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT