ADVERTISEMENT

Ga. Tech Basketball Recruiting(late period, April 2016), [3].

Key words in Buzzforlife's post... "Prior staff recruited this young man"

Bigger question is did Memphis/CJP recruit him? My guess is CJP has his eyes/ships set on other freshmen to come in.

He might contact Stanford, BC, Kan. St., Tech, because those were his offers and visits in 2014, along with G.W.

Memphis did not recruit him to my knowledge, or GSU/Portland/G'town. for that matter. I might be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

6'10" 225

Catrece Martinez(Mello's Mom) from late Friday afternoon regarding the decision.

Romello White asks for release from letter of intent
“We have begun the process for Romello’s release from GT and once that’s completed, we hope to have more clarity on other schools’ interest so we can make a good choice and find the best fit for him to develop academically and socially, as well as athletically. We’d like to thank GT and especially Coach Pastner for their understanding and help during this transition.”

Two items to implant in your white and gold mind that you might like knowing:
1)Sylvester Ogbonda has been labeled a "beast" in practices. Tremendous upside.
2)Coach Eric Reveno has a bit of a history recruiting International Athletes.

Two years of eligibility....immediately eligible as a Grad. Trf.
Never played at Baylor....H.S. #145 Nationally....has had back surgery....
Was not expected to ever play again.....

Old coach at C. of Charleston, claimed Rick Barry and Wife were meddling parents(90 page internal report)with those two as the only ones interfering on the team(allegedly):

Great find on the Ofoegbu insight from Goodman, mate. We can REALLY - and I mean REEEEAAALLY - use a big for depth next season. I know. I know. Next season is going to suck. Perhaps badly. But, nonetheless, I want the guys to have the best shot at winning they can get. Getting Moore for the next few years and a grad transfer big would be quite the shot in the arm.

Now that finals are over, I wonder what the word is on Jorgenson??? (and Heyward???)

I am having a hard time finding stats on Rykhoek.. checked the spelling of his name twice.

I believe he essentially hasn't played (in any games that is). Redshirted first year. Out with injury 2nd year. Decided to give up on hoops, but now has changed his mind and wants to try again with 2 years of eligibility remaining (and already graduated so he can immediately be eligible elsewhere).

I am having a hard time finding stats on Rykhoek.. checked the spelling of his name twice.
Never played for Baylor.
Redshirt, Medical R/S. Still has 2 years left, should Tech or Clemson roll the dice. Role player at best. Was #145 Nationally Ranked in H.S.

Last edited:
ok, sounds like a tough kid, but not the experience needed right now.

on a somewhat related note:

Athletes graduating in 3 years? Seems like there are some easy credits happening for some of these players.

Most all S-A's are entering either early or during the summer session prior to the Fall semester when the bulk of entering college freshmen normally enter. So, they have 1 semester under their belt before the Fall. Then, they stay on campus during the summers taking a lot of classes when things are quieter and their sport is not "in session" so they can concentrate more on their classwork. Add in those summer sessions and it makes graduating in 3 to 3 1/2 years much more likely if they stay on track (read: no slip up on having to repeat classwork).

Some positive commentary about Charlie Moore to Tech (and unfortunately Romello White included farther down as well)... http://www.todaysu.com/recruiting/c...asketball-recruiting-big-men-still-available/

The next coveted recruit is on the opposite end of the height scale in ESPN’s 61st ranked recruit, Charlie Moore. The 5-foot-11 score-first and fearless point guard out of Chicago just reopened his recruitment after being released from his National Letter of Intent with Memphis once Josh Pastner left to Georgia Tech. And go figure, Georgia Tech is all of the sudden in the running to land his signature.

Other schools that are still in the mix according to Moore’s high school coach are LSU, Illinois, Miami and SMU.

But the chips seem to be stacking in Pastner’s favor. Not only can he offer immediate playing time, Moore’s brothers are also in Atlanta and the recruit is extremely familiar with that city. Throw in being a starting freshman point guard in college basketball’s premier conference, and it almost seems like a no brainer, with or without the coach that originally signed him.

There is just something naturally exciting about Moore’s abilities and every time I see/find highlights of him, I find myself audibly rooting for him, and that’s before I even remember the Chicago ties. While I would love for him to stay at home and give John Groce a chance to breath easier, Georgia Tech makes too much sense.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT