ADVERTISEMENT

Ga. Tech Basketball Recruiting(late period, April 2016), [3].

Since letters close out on the 18th, looking for some signings this week. Naturally, he could show up for class/enroll at that time or sign one of those rare financial grant papers that we witnessed with the Robertson/Lucci clan.

Tall PG, from San Diego, California. CDL recruited while at GSU. Immediate eligibility, since Dunleavy took Tulane HC position.

Last edited:
Just curious, why would Justin Moore get until after May 31st and Charlie Moore must sign by the 18th?

I must be missing something. Situations with coaching changes seem the same.

Charlie never signed a letter of intent. Think it was for a grant-in-aid or ? So, that means if he's never signed one, there is no release or exception to be had. His first one would apply like a deadline for any other HS athlete. He is not legally bound by transfer rules either, from what I understand with G.I.As.

However, don't go by me. They never pick me for the Dizzy Bat Race, either too old or way dizzy enough already!

One of the Goodman/Borzello 5 Transfer diamonds. He sat out this year over a transcript issue, so who knows how involved Tech is at this moment:

5. Brandone Francis, Florida Gators

A former ESPN 100 recruit, Francis sat out his freshman season and never found a consistent role under Mike White. A long list of schools have already reached out to Francis: Purdue, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Rutgers, Texas Tech, Arizona State and more.

Charlie never signed a letter of intent. Think it was for a grant-in-aid or ? So, that means if he's never signed one, there is no release or exception to be had. His first one would apply like a deadline for any other HS athlete. He is not legally bound by transfer rules either, from what I understand with G.I.As.

However, don't go by me. They never pick me for the Dizzy Bat Race, either too old or way dizzy enough already!

Ahhh, makes perfect sense. Thanks, mate.

I salute you tonight with multiple Bud Lights...

giphy.gif

Of course, it's really not that big of a deal though. For instance, tomorrow I will be saluting either National Walnut Day or Norwegian Constitution Day with multiple Bud Lights. See what I mean?

Great find, and thanks for posting.
Believe we sit good with Chad R. and go for a PG with the other he wants to give. Not sure why he only wants to give two total, after subtracting R. White-but it's his plan not mine. Totally understand keeping open 'ships for '17, '18, '19. Not really wanting a Grad. Trf. this year with a one year tie, might indicate we will probably always avoid that route.

Are you still bullish on T-Jax's brother signing with Tech? Haven't seen anything else about it.

LOI's aren't required. But if he's not signing one, then I don't think the coaches can mention him until after he enrolls in school.

David Skara makes more sense to me than Chad R.. We already have two bigs in Lammers and Ogbonda. Do we need 3 bigs? Skara is 6'8"

More love for Charlie Moore... http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2016/05/17/basketball-recruiting/84483284/

Charlie Moore, Chicago Morgan Park, PG

ESPN 100 Overall Ranking: No. 61

CONSIDERING: Georgia Tech, Illinois, LSU, SMU.

THE 411: Moore decommitted from Memphis when Josh Pastner left to take over as head coach at Georgia Tech. In the last week, Moore has made visits to LSU, SMU and Georgia Tech; he took this past weekend to weigh the pros and cons and could have a decision soon. Whoever lands the 5-foot-11 speedster is getting a gem. Moore opened his senior season with a 55-point game and never looked back.

Skara was/is listed as a Soph. on Valpo's roster this past season. I don't know if he's a grad transfer with immediate eligibility (my guess is he's not). I assume he has 2 years of eligibility left. If a requisite transfer year is required, that means he's using a ship for the next 3 years, yes?

Sounds like you are right on his eligibility. Concerning the #s on the bigs, I think it is the attrition timing on them that may make Skara attractive on the roster. The way it looks now, there might be only one player leaving in '18-19 season which would mean limited recruits that year. '19 class

If CJP and staff thinks he's worth the investment in ships, then great. But, with the bevy of targets out there in this huge '17 class upcoming, every ship is extremely valuable. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Are you still bullish on T-Jax's brother signing with Tech? Haven't seen anything else about it.
Don't know about a Letter signed and verified within the A C C office, so I listed him at the top as a commit. He's supposedly getting a Zell Miller in the least. I believe a smaller Florida school offered him a full 'ship. A Macon paper said he signed, however that had like a February date, if you have any desire to scroll through these previous posts.

To the question about having two bigs already, CJP wants a third and a PG. he will go big at times with the four and the five. The smaller lineup he already has covered with help from the two new freshmen.

Skara was not redshirted, so yes he must sit out with two to play and three to count against 13(especially with out-of-state, not establishing a one year residence). He hit a big three in a Valpo tourney game and had an injury in February(lingering?).

He could play the four, that might be the reason for the interest(deducing). The staff likes Chad a whole lot, I'm not privy to Skara at all.

Here's a statistical profile:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3133922/david-skara

Have no idea where UNLV came from? Not sure if that makes us the favorite since we have been on longer or location/proximity is a key:

...from San Antonio, Tx., however spent time in Frisco....Vegas in between.

Last edited:
seems like I heard somewhere in the past that a player cannot sign 2 LOIs in a single year. Any second school would offer him Grant-in-aid agreement. Is this true? If so, then today is not a deadline for him....

seems like I heard somewhere in the past that a player cannot sign 2 LOIs in a single year. Any second school would offer him Grant-in-aid agreement. Is this true? If so, then today is not a deadline for him....
I just saw another person say this same thing. Moore cannot sign another LOI.

David Skara makes more sense to me than Chad R.. We already have two bigs in Lammers and Ogbonda. Do we need 3 bigs? Skara is 6'8"

I agree here. Based on his development last season, Lammers should be a starter this year at C and give us 25-30 minutes per game. Ogbonda should help out with the balance. Gueye may also play into that rotation. Skara should offset Jacobs' points at PF and give us flexibility if we want to go with a smaller lineup (Skara, Stephens, Jackson, Heath/Okogie/???). Where we apparently lack today would obviously be PG, a proven scorer at the SF position (Stephens has shown but flashes of that), and a combo G like MGH who can give us the flexibility to go with the small, 4-out lineup above. I think a guy like Skara could give us the points and flexibility we need, given that we fix the PG issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT