ADVERTISEMENT

Ga. Tech Basketball Recruiting(late period, April 2016), [3].

Even though Chad R., David Skara both visited and worked out and like us(especially Chad), the staff has not offered either to my knowledge. They are being careful in leaving scholarships open. The same theory may apply to Justin Moore on the 31st.

I do believe Justin Moore gets an offer, for a couple of reasons(they might work him out since he's coming in town next week for a few days).
1)He is a true freshman, immediately eligible, fills an important need at PG. Excellent upside to grow in our conference.
2)He is a scorer, can handle the ball, penetrate, versatile. Should show well to the staff with his athleticism.

Heyward is supposedly not on a basketball 'ship. Still on team.
Hearing mixed things on Jorgy, but even if he doesn't enroll for summer semester-that doesn't mean he can't for fall. I'm not seeing him return, although nothing to substantiate that theory except him running off on Polo Pastner in practice. You and I felt that way during last season.

Does it resemble a town Cryor, a little bit?

Sometimes you are far greater by subtraction. Definitely think it helped the '14 football Jackets more than most Tech fans will acknowledge.

Amen, brother!Bad chemistry will blow up a good laboratory. Dr. Buzzforlife clears you for any executions you desire to perform on these rosters, or lobotomies on my brain.

Now speaking in the third person, I'm ready for drinking!!

Mike Bibby, Jr. worked out with the USF team a few weeks ago on his visit. He was supposed to work out with the Jackets on an undetermined visit. CJP told Mike, Sr. that Mike, Jr. had an offer at birth. Offered Mike, Jr. for Memphis. Supposedly CJP told Mike, Sr. he would welcome Mike, Jr. at Tech per that Arizona newspaper article. LaBarrie was the lead recruiter for Bibby, Jr. at GSU.

Anyone have news to share? My leads are dry, especially outside of the program.

We are going to play some up tempo ball next year, in accordance to our talent. At how much. is becoming a wonder? Hopefully we get a few more bodies in here by Fall semester or we might be walking it up the floor and no pressing with a bunch of zone defenses.

Up tempo more bodies in the rotation, GT is running short of time to find players for next year. I don't expect next years version to be the model Pastner wants long term.

You are correct on what he wants and does not have, yet!
IMO, shared by one DTM...we have a bunch of offers out for 2017 and beyond, making it imperative to show them what style the future holds. Plus, the coach feels more comfortable teaching his own way. The assistants have bought in, the returning players have to or the chemistry will go southerly, forcing them to the bench in future years or possibly a transfer situation. Remember to have Ben, Tadric, Christian, Josh O., all getting these big minutes-they must fit in floor-wise with our future attendees. The style will change completely in a year and a half, going full throttle. That info. comes from the most reliable source imaginable.

I'd be shocked if the assistants were not bought in...

I am wondering what the style will be like in the transition period. So he's only going to wait one season before going full into the new style? Ready or not here we go...

I think CJP's style of play will be implemented and executed from Day 1 starting this upcoming season. We just won't be very good at it because we don't have the horses needed to do it. And, even if we did, there is a learning curve for any new system. I think the better way of looking at it is we will look different, at times perhaps very ugly because we don't have the personnel to play up tempo effectively, at times better because we will see glimpses of what the future will be (at minimum, more entertaining basketball), but certainly won't see results in the W column for a while. This is the 1-step-back-next-year to take bigger steps forward in the future concept CJP has been preaching - along with patience - to the fanbase.

What's funny is, he doesn't have to sell too hard. Most of Tech's fanbase is either apathetic already or completely buried in the brunt understanding that we are in for another few years of painful rebuilding. I mostly feel sorry for the students who have passed through the last 6-8 years in that they've rarely experienced anything to really get jacked up about with regards to MBB during their time at Ma Tech. Those who were juniors and seniors in Cremins' first 2 years experienced a lot of losing, but they at least saw the spark of the future and what was about to arise. Let's hope CJP can lead us back to some semblance of relevance in the state and ACC.

Think more in terms of half and half the first year. The Yuban coffee will have one equal with one creamer. We will get some extra lumps, mostly on our heads.

2017 will have the "new" Starbucks blend. It will contain two splendas and some rich creamers. A French vanilla ball handler and a huge helping of "post" cereal.

Drink up, and soon we should have more than breakfast-we can dine on three meals. A Boston Tea Party, a Cuban Sandwich and North Carolina B'bque.

Realistically speaking in my mind, if we are bubblicious by the '18-'19 season (read: Year 3 of the CJP Era), then that will be quite an accomplishment and I'll be thrilled.

The season is grueling enough as it is. Going 100% to the new up tempo will just run the legs off the limited roster. I'd like to think Pastner is smarter than that.

It only takes two studs, and a few core guys to get us blowing bubbles. He told a H.S. Coach it won't take more than two years, but did say sustaining it is the main objective. Not to cut corners and take a one year guy just to salvage 2016.

After the first practice he asked A.D. where his semester credits were at. I guess he was wondering if he was on the "pre-Pastner plan". Look for him to graduate next summer, freeing up a late 2017 or an early Nov. '18 scholarship.

We will be going with a small lineup predominately, next fall. Looks like Ogbonda(staff likes his potential)to back up Lammers and be inserted when double low posts are needed vs. big lineups dominating us. With a thin bench, we may not be two-deep for the other four positions. Stephens better put on some weight, he might have to go 30 minutes a game at the stretch 4. Lumps!

A step back, and careful not to step in something.

CJP will put his system on display in full so he can recruit to it. Not even a question about it.

Per Tyrie Jackson's HS Hoops Coach, he would've signed with the Jackets if CJP offered him, but CJP did not offer... http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colum...cle_a0169eb8-2756-11e6-ac88-df7391ef33c7.html

Holland said Tyrie would have signed with Georgia Tech last month, but Gregory lost his job after the season and was replaced by Josh Pastner. Pastner never offered him, said Holland.

"When Josh got the job, if Georgia Tech would've offered, he would've signed with Georgia Tech," Holland said.

He did offer him a PWO. Apparently, that was the deal with the previous staff.
The 'ships given now are at a premium.

It's true he wasn't qualified in the Nov. period. What's not being said is that the old staff was reaching with Mello, they couldn't hold two out or the indecision of such. The plan was a "B" average on the Hope, then take one by June 2017. New staff is working differently. No reaches with academics or ACC caliber issues.

Last edited:
Probably will end up on the West Coast at some place like USC, but would be nice to add his scoring touch, three point ability to Tech's backcourt:

Jeremy Sheppard

Per HoopSeen:
One of the best shooters on the east coast within the 2016 class, Jeremy Sheppard is now back on the market. After committing to UCF back in the fall, the Richmond native opted to back off his commitment with the new staff.

Jeremy Sheppard

Per HoopSeen:
One of the best shooters on the east coast within the 2016 class, Jeremy Sheppard is now back on the market. After committing to UCF back in the fall, the Richmond native opted to back off his commitment with the new staff.

I was surprised with his UCF decision when it was announced. It is amazing how late this 2016 recruiting is going.

This seems to be a trend good buddy. Between the Grad. Transfers, and the ones allowed to withdraw in late May from the NBA Draft(which isn't until late June)-it makes the college coaches scramble.

Drum roll, please.....

My money is on Tech, but of course I'm broke.
He loved his visit with CJP in particular and the academic setting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT