Duluth, Ga.
Early Period recap.:
1)Z. Cook, PG/2G
2)A. Diouf, Post

------------------------------------------------------------------
Late Period:
3)Francesca Pan, Wing/SF
4)Chanin Scott, Wing
5)Cha Sweeney, PG(Grad. Student/Trf. w/immediate eligibility. 5'4" from Toledo, Ohio- 2nd team all MAC conference 3 times). Per R.M. & E.Mich., 5'2".
Cha'ron
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Conglomerate, ranked 15th in Nation by "Prospects Nation":

GEORGIA TECH 2016 WOMEN’S BASKETBALL SIGNING CLASS
Zutorya Cook (G, 5-7, Marietta, Ga.)
Anne Francoise Diouf (P, 6-4, Dakar, Senegal)
Francesca Pan (W, 6-1, Bassno del Grappa, Italy)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Did not sign with Tech:

Arella Guirantes
played this past season at IMG Academy,
Wing Forward:

CLASS: 2016
SCOUTS GRADE

Bradenton, FL
HOMETOWN
IMG Academy
HIGH SCHOOL
5-11
HEIGHT

WEIGHT
OVERALL RANK
POSITION RANK
STATUS
Undeclared
CONSIDERING
No schools available.
ESPN PLAYER EVALUATIONSEvaluationOn The TrailConversation
Santa Fe College-November 2015: A proven scorer with deceptive quickness; fills the stat sheet with consistent mid-range game production; triple-threat attack, exploits the defender, draws contact, delivers at the charity stripe; among the elite scorer's in the class of 2016. (Olson)

IMG Academy-September 2015: Agile, versatile perimeter prospect handles and attacks, finishes in uptempo; triple-threat creator, smooth off the bounce; brings a scorer's mentality to the back court. (Olson)

Nike Nationals-July 2014: Perimeter prospect with potential next level impact; handles, drives and finishes in traffic; developing range to the arc; versatile defender, flourishes in pressure, uptempo game. (Olson)

Notes
1st-team NYSSWA AA All-State in 2015.

7th-team NYSSWA AA All-State in 2014.

Last edited:
The Gatorade State Girls Basketball Players of the Year awards are presented to high school student-athletes who have achieved athletic excellence and upheld “high standards of academic achievement and exemplary character.” USA TODAY High School Sports, in partnership with the Gatorade Company, administers the selection process for awards. [Player bios]

Alabama: Jasmine Walker, Jeff Davis (Montgomery)
Alaska: Ruthy Hebard, West Valley (Fairbanks)
Arizona: Najiyyah Pack, South Mountain (Phoenix)
Arkansas: Christyn Williams, Central Arkansas Christian (North Little Rock)
California: Sabrina Ionescu, Miramonte (Orinda)
Colorado: Michaela Onyenwere, Grandview (Aurora)
Connecticut: Shaquana Edwards, Weaver (Hartford)
Delaware: Altia Anderson, Woodbridge (Greenwood)
D.C.: Isabella Alarie, National Cathedral School (Washington)
Florida: Jazmine Jones, FAMU Developmental Research School (Tallahassee)
Georgia: Jenna Staiti, West Forsyth (Cumming) She is going to Maryland, Brenda F.
Hawaii: Chanelle Molina, Konawaena (Kealakekua)
Idaho: Destiny Slocum, Mountain View (Meridian)
Illinois: Kiara Lewis, Whitney M. Young (Chicago)
Indiana: Jackie Young, Princeton Community High (Princeton)
Iowa: Elle Ruffridge, Pocahontas Area (Pocahontas)
Kansas: Kendrian Elliott, Wichita South (Wichita)
Kentucky: Erin Boley, Elizabethtown
Louisiana: Cara Ursin, Destrehan
Maine: Nia Irving, Lawrence (Fairfield)
Maryland: Mykea Gray, National Christian Academy (Fort Washington)
Massachusetts: Katie Benzan, Nobles School (Dedham)
Michigan: Kysre Gondrezick, Benton Harbor
Minnesota: Taylor Koenen, Shakopee
Mississippi: Myah Taylor, Olive Branch
Missouri: Taylor Baur, MICDS (St. Louis)
Montana: Sophia Stiles, Malta
Nebraska: Rylie Cascio Jensen, Fremont
Nevada: Katie Turner, Bishop Manogue Catholic (Reno)
New Hampshire: Becca Ripley, New Hampton School (New Hampton)
New Jersey: Jocelyn Willoughby, Newark Academy (Livingston)
New Mexico: Amaya Brown, Cibola High (Albuquerque)
New York: Dominique Toussaint, Christ the King (Middle Village) She is going to UVA., despite the hopes of GTJT622.
North Carolina: Erin Whalen, Providence Day School (Charlotte)
North Dakota: Sarah Jacobson, Shanley (Fargo)
Ohio: Jensen Caretti, River (Hannibal)
Oklahoma: Aaliyah Wilson, Muskogee
Oregon: Evina Westbrook, South Salem (Salem)
Pennsylvania: Kelly Jekot, Cumberland Valley (Mechanicsburg)
Rhode Island: Celia Tomlinson, South Kingstown (Wakefield)
South Carolina: Jhileiya Dunlap, Dreher High (Columbia)
South Dakota: Brianna Kusler, Aberdeen Central (Aberdeen)
Tennessee: Crystal Dangerfield, Blackman (Murfreesboro)
Texas: Lauren Cox, Flower Mound
Utah: Kennedy Redding, Bountiful
Vermont: Sadie Otley, Champlain Valley Union (Hinesburg)
Virginia: Megan Walker, Monacan (North Chesterfield)
Washington: Mikayla Pivec, Lynnwood (Bothell)
West Virginia: Jordyn Dawson, Huntington
Wisconsin: Hannah Whitish, Barneveld
Wyoming: Robbi Ryan, Sheridan

According to her Twitter feed, Coach Jo was in Italy right after the ACC Tournament. Will there be another Italian in the fold soon?

There is a big time Italian player still undecided. Would like to think Antonia would help with some leverage there.

Last edited:
Yep, that's her.

francesca-pan-fiba.jpg

Believe we take a couple of wings(one wing is never enough to fly on or to consume in the chicken market) in the next month or so.

Speaking of Wing Forwards, I've asked a close friend who talks to Kisha Ford daily-to see what she knows about recruiting and specifically the flight out of Greensboro to ......

Zutorya Cook who was nominated for the McDonald's AA game but cannot play in it, has an injured hand and shoulder.

Therefore the AJC left her off of the All-County and All-State teams. Questioning if she will play or redshirt next season.

Thanks for the update, mate. Bummer for ZC. Hopefully, she recovers and is 100% come September. We will need her next season.

Wide open on colleges:
Tierra Hodges: She's physical, adept off the dribble, and she knows how to score. Any takers? The 5-9 shooting guard averaged 23 points and 12 rebounds per game at Alcovy (Covington, Georgia), and celebrated her 1,000th point on senior night. She's flown under the radar, but Hodges has what it takes to make a difference at the next level.

Great news from Hannah... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/050216aaa.html

Not recruiting related, but super news about Syd Wallace getting a shot at the WNBA. Woohoo!

Great news for Syd.. Aaliyah Whiteside didn't get a free agent offer from the WNBA as far as I could tell by watching the transactions on the league's site. Hard to believe that the leading scorer in the ACC didn't rate an invitation to someone's camp.

Did anyone else notice the transfer of Azura Stevens from Duke to UConn? And the internal investigation into Coach P's program? And the mass departures from the Kentucky and Loyola of Chicago programs?

Speaking of departures, social media pictures of GTWBB team activities and training show everyone but CC. No real surprise there. I hope the inclusion of everyone else means they're all on board for next season. I didn't miss any additions during the late signing period, did I?

Tech goes Italian once again, taking our 622nd International SA:
https://prospectsnation.com/story/georgia-tech-goes-italy…-again

Pan, a 6-foot-1 wing, will give the ACC school a perimeter scoring threat who will be able to make shots from beyond the three-point line while using her size to score around the basket from time to time. As a member of the U18 Italian national team this summer, Pan was able to score the ball on a consistent basis as she went on to average 12.8 points and 5 rebounds per contest, all while shooting an impressive 46.2 percent from the field.

WOW! Super fantastic news, mate. Snagging Pan this late in the process is like Christmas come early...or, is it late or re-lived over again? Regardless, this is a shot in the arm for the team and program. Gotta figure Antonia Peresson was helpful in this process.

WOOHOO!!!

The FIBA World OIympic Qualifying Tournament will be held in France June 13-19. Will be interesting to see if Double-E will suit up with the Nigeria team as they hope to qualify for one of the 5 berths out of the 12 teams in the tournament. She played for the Senior national team to get to this qualifying tournament last summer, so I'm guessing/hoping she will be playing this summer as well.

Just something to keep an eye on come June and if she is playing a big hope that she will get to Rio and experience the Olympic games.

Hopefully nobody gets hurt. We won't have Pugh until December. Not sure about Cook and her availability in the fall. Makes a person turn into a "Cryor" with worry!

If you look up at the first frame, I briefly mentioned the two early November signees followed by Francesca Pan.

The title is "Late Period" since others might not want to sort through that thread which is probably ten pages back now and filled with "old news".

The 2017 thread from last night(where I mentioned Ms. Cummings committing to Tech)is for the early period in November.

Since Stech81 likes his football separated, might as well do the other sports by condensing down. Maybe he accidentally gets into a new thing, besides women.

I think Coach Jo knows she just got a late-hour difference maker coming from Italy. Pan has size and can shoot it from deep. Take a look...

She starts out in the video with pics having a jersey #9 but she is actually #11 in the video.

I noticed on some video that is very grainy and won't copy for me, that she will bump the opponent and get physical. Will drive it down low too. Cummings is a tough, little "in the face" defender for 2017-18.

May we get back to that pressing defense with SA's that are tough like Zaire and E.E.

We need something to look forward upon next winter, because CJP keeps talking about two steps back and might be begging Corey to stay another year, as this is being typed.

I think Lady J's fans are going to love watching Double-E. She is very active on both ends of the court. I saw on the local news that former Frenchy and local Charlottesville resident, Sarah Imovbioh, (now a Gamecock) will be trying out for the Nigerian National Team in hopes of getting to the Rio Olympics. I'm hopeful Double-E will be on that team. Will be good experience for her and if she/they do make it to Rio, some Tech fans who have never seen her play may get a chance to see what she can do against a higher level of play.

I thought Guimaraes was the best of the freshmen this past season. If she improves from Year 1 to Year 2 as most do in a big way, she will add some nice depth behind Z and Double-E.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT