ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

Interesting statistic, since 2005, only 44% of 5-star recruits wound up starting at any point during their tenure in college.

A comprehensive summary of Robertson's recruitment status was posted on From the Rumble Seat this morning.

Worst football recruiting year ever at GT, second to last in ACC only ahead of BC

GT ended up at #65 and without Ted Roof, GT would be outside the top 100 below Kennesaw State.

Ted Roof did a great job with his recruits, but the rest of the GT coaches freaking cannot recruit for GT. We can keep Ted and get of all the other coaches!!

Worst football recruiting year ever at GT, second to last in ACC only ahead of BC

GT ended up at #65 and without Ted Roof, GT would be outside the top 100 below Kennesaw State.

Ted Roof did a great job with his recruits, but the rest of the GT coaches freaking cannot recruit for GT. We can keep Ted and get of all the other coaches!!
Please go back to the Hive.

One thing our staff does that is not done by most of the big boys is a CPJ philosophy(since tape is so common now, in which everyone can see on a young athlete), staple. He always asks the coaches, especially of the ones that played against our said recruits, what they think of our guy. Sometimes he is only given a number to identify our target, like #4 was a fast DB and all over the field or that big NG stuffed our lunch while coming back for dinner, then sprinkled doughnuts. If they don't proclaim our guy as one of the best, we go back looking at film extensively before offering.

We tend to offer 25-30 to get our 18. When a position fills up, we close it out. The offers to that position then go to a position still on the board of need. So we don't make and take committable offers. If a kid has made 3 or 4 visits and we don't know what he is searching for, we give the time to decide speech, because usually he would not be happy here if choosing us by default. We probably don't have what he is looking for, such as that 100k seat stadium. Ga. Tech's staff won't offer 50 and have #50 commit early, then #3 decides(notice I didn't use numbers 1 or 2, for urine or poop references)and we tell him no, we are full at your position. Paul won't over recruit unless "he" knows someone is leaving or has that instinct concerning a youngster.

While technically not a part of any recruiting class, I am hopeful 2 transfers will really step up and in this upcoming season. I am of course speaking of the A-Back from the Cesspool and the D-Back from Southern Cal.

(note, I almost typed "at positions where we really need help" in the first sentence, but then I backed off because coming off a 3-9 season, I think we need help at all of the positions...including QB)

JJ Green, Lamont Simmons. You probably know the names, that would be for anyone wondering.

The two classes back a few years ago, really messed the numbers up. Having to still juggle the OLine to make it come out later. Five or six last year, two or three this year(even though the coaches wanted more).

Five QB's now, decision on Ratliffe real soon for his sake and mindset too.

We have one open, but apparently the HC can see some more attrition. Mainly because he likes to leave a few for Grad. Transfers and Walk-ons that break the two-deep, as we promise them.

Buzzforlife - please gave me and don't tell gtjt622 but one day last week I heard the uga coach on the Radio and they asked him what he was going to do because he still had 4 or 5 Scholarships he could use. His answer was he would not use them unless a walkon won them. That if he didn't use them this year it was because he felt no one out there could help them. He would use them next year.
Something that CPJ has said . But it seems like people get upset with CPJ but I think a lot of coaches look at this the same way. Maybe next years class will have more of what we need. Plus it seems to help with the PWO's if they know they have a chance to make the team with hard work.

Great point, stech81! I won't say a word about you listening to 750 a.m. to any other brother. Al shared White Columns for a year in there, all though no Techie believes me. If he didn't invite me to that God forsaken place, I could have spent a lifetime only driving by.

I was hoping we would take a few more OL's, but you are correct sir. Danny Hall has a different situation in baseball with 11 3/4 schollies only. Plus GATechJT622 knows already that his real first name is Fire and the middle name is Danny.

The interviews being recorded are not worth posting for Tech Fanatics, like the six of us and our other compatriots. Definite $EC slant with occasional dibs to Stanford, ND. Cal./G. Tech seem to be an after thought in the "football" playing world, within the media.

AJC's Ken S on Robertson... http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/201...cture-as-demetris-robertson-decision-extends/

Robertson said he had a good time during his official visit at Tech prior to national signing day. He acknowledged it is in a different setting from other options.

“It was way different,” he said. “Because, usually when you go to, like, Alabama, there’s really no city like Atlanta, a big city, around. But Atlanta’s downtown, right there, everything’s near you.”

Robertson said that his mother favors Tech and is pushing the school “a lot.” He also said she isn’t keen on Cal or Stanford because of the distance. (Robertson’s family situation is not the standard. His older brother Carlos is his legal guardian. His mother lives in Lagrange.)

“She’s like 45 minutes away and it’s a good education,” Robertson said.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Hope that is a sign, although he has stated all along he wants to be a millionaire. I really think he envisions it happening through football. I believe Mom knows that Ga. Tech could ensure that the probability factor rises even higher.

Side note from me. Certain people tend to judge parents when they lose custody. We have so many different circumstances today, that make it way more difficult to do the job "cookie cutter clean". Doing what is right for the minor child should be the primary focus. Your own physical and mental health come into play when affecting the offspring. Two year old toddlers are being given antipsychotic and psychotrophic drugs, yet the State allows that parent license to deal it out.

And now for the real question...

...should stech81 start firing up a statue of Robertson?

Too soon, maybe?

I would like to hear what you all predict on this one. It is one of the better mysteries of football recruiting that involves us, that I can remember(Kelly Campbell came way late, and it was easier to see what he wanted to do).

The city of Atlanta has to be a draw in our favor. If he sees Palo Alto, that will help them. Traveling is not for Mom or the family. I so dislike saying The Gag is a compromise, especially in the academic arena....but....

AJC's Ken S on Robertson... http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/201...cture-as-demetris-robertson-decision-extends/

Robertson said he had a good time during his official visit at Tech prior to national signing day. He acknowledged it is in a different setting from other options.

“It was way different,” he said. “Because, usually when you go to, like, Alabama, there’s really no city like Atlanta, a big city, around. But Atlanta’s downtown, right there, everything’s near you.”

Robertson said that his mother favors Tech and is pushing the school “a lot.” He also said she isn’t keen on Cal or Stanford because of the distance. (Robertson’s family situation is not the standard. His older brother Carlos is his legal guardian. His mother lives in Lagrange.)

“She’s like 45 minutes away and it’s a good education,” Robertson said.
Did you read the kipp Adams interview

I'm good with the ones we have.

Makes sense. You say that a lot...

images

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I would like to hear what you all predict on this one. It is one of the better mysteries of football recruiting that involves us, that I can remember(Kelly Campbell came way late, and it was easier to see what he wanted to do).

The city of Atlanta has to be a draw in our favor. If he sees Palo Alto, that will help them. Traveling is not for Mom or the family. I so dislike saying The Gag is a compromise, especially in the academic arena....but....

My view has remained consistent throughout this thread - we have a shot. It's a long shot, but I can assure you six that the recruiting "experts" are way off when it comes to our chances.

Inside the football program, they feel really good about D.R.
Hearing Carlos holds more influence than what Mom does. Not sure if that is going to convince him to come our way or somewhere else? Ultimately he makes the call, the family has to support it.

Reactions: Texwood
Great to hear that there is optimism inside the program regarding Demetris! Is it possible that this one is breaking our way?

Where the media gives us no chance, it is nice to know we do figure in the decision. Not sure if the odds are good, however who even knows who the favorite is? This is up in the air.

Great to hear that there is optimism inside the program regarding Demetris! Is it possible that this one is breaking our way?
Would like to see him at Tech , just hope he will happy with the one he picks.

Can't speak for how happy he or any student at Tech will be for the 3 to 5 years they are in school, but hopefully he can see beyond that and know with a degree from the NATS he is likely set to be very happy for the rest of his life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT