ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

I just made my verbal commitment to UNLV. Just wanted you alcoholics to know. After taking official visits to Hawaii, Miami, Tulane and Georgia Tech, I have decided to continue my badminton career with the Runnin' Rebs.

I will always be a Jacket at heart and I appreciate the badminton coaching staff at the NATS for their time and effort in my recruitment.

Good luck to the Jacket Badminton Nation!

Go Rebs!

Rumor has it you're pretty good ramming the shuttlecock.

Should have heard CPJ tonight at Hudson Grille. Brandon asked him when he last shot a 69?
Johnson said: "Probably with your girlfriend".

GT might have had him with another 10+ win season. Not to say we have no chance, but like the game next Saturday-I don't like the odds.

Maybe so. I always remind myself the bulk of the 1990 national title team signed when we were coming off 2-9 and 3-8 seasons. So, you never know. Having his brother on roster is hopefully a help. I often am more concerned about the negative recruiting against our offensive scheme, but if someone this late in the game is giving us an OV, that must not be an issue...or, he just wants a free trip to Atlanta (not talking about DC specifically but any recruit). I guess his brother has a pretty intimate view of Tech FB by now from the inside as well as the offense.

Donavaughn Campbell, OL(brother of Christian, a true freshman being R/S)is visiting for the Mutt game. Taking his official to GT in January.

His brother has convinced him that GT will provide excellent academic support, chance to play next season. LSU is preaching the schedule they play, his chances for the NFL going through them.

Previously an LSU commit, they are the competition. Ed Ogeron is handling this kids recruiting, thinks they will still get him(what else could he say? We have no chance?) Rumors now swirling about Les Miles on the hot seat.

This will be the young man's decision. No Mama Tuitt, lurking.

Last edited:
Donavaughn Campbell, OL(brother of Christian, a true freshman being R/S)is visiting for the Mutt game. Taking his official to GT in January.

Previously an LSU commit, they are the competition. Rumors now swirling about Les Miles on the hot seat.

Thanks, mate. Should we get stech81 to go ahead and start building a statue? Wait. Perhaps too soon? :D

Yep, the 2016 class will be a big one by GT standards. If the staff fills it well, we are in damn good shape going forward.

Not sure you had a chance to listen to the CPJ replay from last night(call-in radio show)?

He stated, all the SA's scheduled to graduate by next spring are right on target.

I'm hearing that we cut him loose this morning and he decommitted after the fact.

Damn. Finishing off this class was key and we just lost two. Any of you six (assuming you're all still solid) have any idea what went down with Hill?

My .02 cents, and I have nothing to substantiate it with...they know the possibility of their position coaches chances of being here next summer are slim. Both players know each other.

CLO recruits the Jacksonville area, and Jordan Johnson was wobbling earlier in the process.

CRR was the recruiting coach for Trysten Hill, who is setting up a Kentucky visit, they kept in touch the entire time.

Reactions: Texwood
Believe that Chad Nelson, 6'4" and 250-255 lbs from St. Pius X will be a preferred walk-on at GT, unless CLO can get him a schollie with more certain to open up now. Have watched him play, and made me want to eat "pancakes" afterward, at IHOP.

He is an OL, probably a Tackle starting out the gate.

I had a lot of bad experiences at Tech. Pretty much started the first time I stepped in a classroom as a freshman. Maybe even before that when I got drunk at FASET. Puking off Peter's Puking Deck...enduring a 3-win freshman football season in '83 to 1 win over a D1A during my 2 years in grad school...to The Shaft.

Welcome to the club. Many of us can relate. Difference is, many of us dealt with it, saw the worth in the diploma (or diplomas plural in my fortunate case) and got through it. Don't want it? Move on. No hard feelings. There are others who do and will. Those are the ones I want representing us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT