ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

Demetris Robertson info.-

From earlier this year:
Georgia Tech in the hunt. Don’t count out Tech for Demetris Robertson. Yellow Jackets assistant Lamar Owens stopped by Savannah on Thursday to check on the rising senior. “Georgia Tech was actually his first offer,” Carlos said. “We’ve had a good relationship with Coach Owens since his freshman year. It has been a long, long time. Coach Owens is going to keep recruiting him. Georgia Tech was first one there, and they’re going to be there until the end. He’s very interested in Georgia Tech. He likes the education-side of things with Georgia Tech, along with the other schools like Stanford and Notre Dame. He likes schools that have a strong academic reputation. He’s very interested in looking at Georgia Tech. We like them a whole lot.” Stanford and UGA are among the rumored frontrunners for Robertson, who won’t commit until signing day.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/georgiatec...tson-147268;_ylt=Akgi9W5yb_v24HG_q36pibH0r5B4

Coach Paul Johnson and Coach Lamar Owens visited him at Savannah Christian on Dec. 9th.

Edited to update: This multi-sport star currently hooping it up, wants to major in Civil Engineering.

Last edited:
Sure would be nice to get another big bodied DT in the pipeline! Our staff is really hitting the pavement.

How many ships are we expecting to fill? 20+ I assume?
Right now we have 17 to give in this class total, minus the 11(counting Ratliffe)committed, netting 6 more available. A friend who works in the GTAA, said they might take up to 20 if three other potential attritions take place, which would include Byerly not getting his waiver. Update: He was turned down, so we have 18, now to give out....however if Tyler Strobel, LS gets one(as we usually have one on scholarship)back to 17 allotted.

Have not heard any quotes from CPJ including his call-in shows on this subject, including numbers available or what might be given at each different position on the field(without naming any specific recruits of course). The numbers could change slightly up or down, depending if Willis a Jr. R/S or Chase Alford a Jr. are given one-year scholarships again in coming back. I have counted them in the original 68 now on 'ship. I assumed they are returning and being given one again upon renewables June 30th.

Three are coming in early, during January, which have nothing to do with true numbers concerning the 85 total.

Last edited:
Strong side DE, however has time on the flats to become a Pat Gamble type. Good height, can add weight and more muscle mass.

I think he might see time at both SDE and the 3-technique in 2016. His JUCO film suggests to me that he's a late blooming 3. I'm glad we were able to close on this one. This is a program that demands creativity to find DT's - and CPJ has shown that he's willing to think out-of-the-box to find them. I think/hope this is an example of that.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Updated visit list(deleted other post, due to repetition):

12/11-Dedrick Mills.
1/15-Xavier Gantt, Romeo Finley. Lucas Johnson. Chris Martin, Steve Dolphus, Jalen Camp, Kenny Cooper.
1/22-Arkeem Byrd, Deshaunte Jones.
1/29-Jordan Woods, Devaughn Campbell(if LSU hasn't wrapped him up by the 10th day before Christmas!), Demetris Robertson.

Gantt had his knee banged up yesterday in the Championship loss to Cartersville. He did return to action. It is the same knee that was surgically repaired earlier this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texwood
Dominick Blaylock is in close contention for the most offers to a freshman in Georgia with a little over 10 (Owen Pappoe from Grayson is the current leader with 18 – RG Profile). Georgia Tech is the latest to offer the dynamic freshman wide receiver for Walton and now has roughly 20 offers in total.

Clean Old Fashioned Hate was in Atlanta this year, and some young players attended. Jadon Walker a lightening quick junior QB-athlete from Chapel Hill really enjoyed his visit to Tech. A pair of 2017 B-Back prospects were also at the game. Lofton Tidwell from Landmark Christian and Trevor Gear from Eagles Landing Christian. Both athletes are bruising players and do a good job running behind their pads – ideal for Tech’s B Back position. Mill Creek sophomore OL John Harris attended the game. Jamar Terry, a 2017 safety, hungout with Gear during the game and had a good time too.

A decommit from Tenn. today. St. Augustine has been good to GT in the past, however LSU, Ole Miss. have offered also and will put a full-court press on:
https://mobile.twitter.com/_dchristmas?lang=en
He has visited Texas, rumored t be the favorite if he doesn't go SEC.

Speaking of Louisiana, Donavaughn Campbell just finished his ACT yesterday. Word on the street has LSU sticking with him no matter what transpires(not sure if they have two exceptions open, but he gets one).

Last edited:
We will get an OV from the UT decommit. We have several big DTs visiting in January and it would be something else to get one or two of them.

Here is a commit to Beamer/the old staff who might be a flippin':

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballre...ng/player-Patrick-Kearns-172445?colleges=show
http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015...s-names-georgia-tech-as-one-of-his-finalists/

CAM trying to get him in for January.

More data on page two of this thread. Bringing an update, because GT is looking for another "get down the field, mobile, rangy, OL" and Patrick might be the guy.

UPDATE: Looks like he is now fully committed to the new staff at VT. On to the next one.

Last edited:
Per Coach LO, Jordan Woods has moved his GT visit up to right after the dead period-Jan. 15th.

Brandon Adams of Brentwood Academy(see, above)will visit GT on the 15th of January, also.....as will this young man....

Jay Jones, an "athlete":
https://mobile.twitter.com/jayunojones
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jay-Jones-82778/RecruitInterests
G.T. looks to take one more QB/Athlete in this class(we all know the upward battle for J.R. with the head injury). This will be a situation like JT5 x 2, coincidentally from Alabama. Yes, Lame Kiffin is in charge of his recruitment at WR.

Last edited:
Per Coach LO, Jordan Woods has moved his visit up to right after the dead period-Jan. 15th.

Brandon Adams of Brentwood Academy will visit on the 15th of January, also.....as will his young man....

Jay Jones, an "athlete":

Great news!! Can't thank you enough for these updates! I think the UT decommit is a longshot, but I'm hoping we are a legit contender for Adams. What is your thinking about our chances with him?

First I've heard about Jay Jones. Looks like a guy who could play a lot of different positions for us.

Total agreement with you on the post "Christmas" present. That has west of Knoxville committed all over it!

We have a decent shot for Adams as a three technique, to play right away. My understanding is we are selling Cerge-Henderson needing a back up in the future, or a mate to tandem with.

The Jones kid might be our next verbal. Happening fast.

I can't get confirmation on what is going on with Q.C.(playing hoops, might stay with that for the spring signing period?).

News will be less frequent now in the dead period. Today was a rush, with the coaches out and calls going on.

Great news!! Can't thank you enough for these updates!

Amen to that, Brotha Texwood. Ditto.

And to think Buzzforlife's parents thought all he'd amount to is a wino hanging out near MARTA stations asking for money to buy more Boone's Farm.

Wait. What's that?

Oh.

Well, he's good people just the same.

:D

(seriously...thanks, mate!...please keep up the great "work")

Appreciate it guys. In the least, we have a couple of prospects that have been forwarded to our Recruiting Office. Maybe work not in vein. Possibly target needle will go in the bee-hind. More flesh.

One time I thought I had CBC staff convinced to take Eric Reid for depth(went to Vandy, great sixth man). My in-laws had known him since birth. To counter that failure for us, we pushed Ivano Newbill on the staff. Credit my ex-wife for that, and him blowing up late in the process as the Ga. Mr. Basketball.

Coaching staff has been pounding the pavement in December, with no bowl practice. R.O., in action as well. Two being monitored, awaiting some academic work:
-Twonnie Pollard, ILB, Melbourne/Palm Bay.
-Malik Walker, DT, Montezuma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT