ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

Can't speak for how happy he or any student at Tech will be for the 3 to 5 years they are in school, but hopefully he can see beyond that and know with a degree from the NATS he is likely set to be very happy for the rest of his life.
You know you had a good time :)

I had a good time. Several guys helped me out a lot. Mark Price for example. Bobby Cremins another. George Dickel and Buddy Wiser helped me through the entire year, not just winter time. clap

Can't speak for how happy he or any student at Tech will be for the 3 to 5 years they are in school, but hopefully he can see beyond that and know with a degree from the NATS he is likely set to be very happy for the rest of his life.

He loaded up on AP classes his senior year knowing that he was already in possession of a 'golden ticket'. Seems like the type of kid who can see beyond, and is willing to put in extra work today in pursuit of a better future. Everything that we know about him says that GT is a great fit.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Mini ravioli with added garlic and basil is delicious. Add in a nice Merlot and some buttered bread. You've got a helluva meal for under 2 bucks.

Wait. Did I miss something?

:D
Yes , but at our age someone said there was a girl in the picture

Reactions: Texwood
If Bay Bay Thomas' cousin dropped that sweatshirt off, I'm not saying a word to anyone.

We had the new loaded burgers at Applebee's tonight for 6.99 each. Monday special. The tea was 2.50 a glass with refills. C.j. wore his Tech clothing, so I rewarded him with cheesecake from Publix.

Just spoke with a friend who is directly involved with his recruitment at another program, and he thinks Demetris will stay close to home. We don't win many recruiting battles against Bammer or the Dwags, so I'm not getting my hopes up - but wanted to share that bit of intel with you six.

Just spoke with a friend who is directly involved with his recruitment at another program, and he thinks Demetris will stay close to home. We don't win many recruiting battles against Bammer or the Dwags, so I'm not getting my hopes up - but wanted to share that bit of intel with you six.
So you are thinking he will go to Savannah State.

Appreciate the Intel, Texwood!

Hope I'm wrong about forecasting Athens for him. Guess he needs an official visit over there first, which might prolong this thing either way(although 48 hours on a visit is all that is allowed). He wears other school gear, so the photos. with us do not get me too excited or old pictures with the staff.

I just never thought Ala. or Cal. would be his pick, still don't. ND doesn't scare me because of the post-signing day delay. Stanford would be the out-of-stater. Not hearing the SAT went up to 1500, will know this weekend. We can afford to wait since that 'ship could also go to a Grad. Transfer or a two-deep W-On.

Sounds like a Tech-Ga. duel? According to your source(s).

Appreciate the Intel, Texwood!

Hope I'm wrong about forecasting Athens for him. Guess he needs an official visit over there first, which might prolong this thing either way(although 48 hours on a visit is all that is allowed). He wears other school gear, so the photos. with us do not get me too excited or old pictures with the staff.

I just never thought Ala. or Cal. would be his pick, still don't. ND doesn't scare me because of the post-signing day delay. Stanford would be the out-of-stater. Not hearing the SAT went up to 1500, will know this weekend. We can afford to wait since that 'ship could also go to a Grad. Transfer or a two-deep W-On.

Sounds like a Tech-Ga. duel? According to your source(s).

Connecting the dots I know of, it looks like a Tech-Ga duel - so any optimism from inside the program is great to hear.

There are rumors on the interwebs that Demetris will take another crack at the SAT in March to gain entrance into Stanford. No idea as to the validity of those rumors, but if true this saga is far from over and JT's prediction of "more drama" is spot on.

Connecting the dots I know of, it looks like a Tech-Ga duel - so any optimism from inside the program is great to hear.

There are rumors on the interwebs that Demetris will take another crack at the SAT in March to gain entrance into Stanford. No idea as to the validity of those rumors, but if true this saga is far from over and JT's prediction of "more drama" is spot on.
What score do you need on the SAT to get in Stanford ? And how long will CPJ wait ?

Reactions: Texwood
Here's an article about Stanford you might find interesting... http://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...rts/id/6206094/life-stanford-cardinal-athlete

Unrelated to the article, did I read correctly that his guardian-brother said he needs to get his SAT score to a 1500 to gain acceptance to Stanford? If so, I call BS on that. Considering I know I've read him say he needs to raise his score 100 points. This means, if true, he is at a 1400 (assume on a 1600 scale) already. Stanford is not turning down accepting a 5* FB player who has made 1400 on his SAT.

Again, if that is not true about the 1500 comment, then I take back everything I said above. Well, most of it that is. I still say Stanford isn't turning down a stud FB recruit who has 1400 on his SAT's.

Here's an article about Stanford you might find interesting... http://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...rts/id/6206094/life-stanford-cardinal-athlete

Unrelated to the article, did I read correctly that his guardian-brother said he needs to get his SAT score to a 1500 to gain acceptance to Stanford? If so, I call BS on that. Considering I know I've read him say he needs to raise his score 100 points. This means, if true, he is at a 1400 (assume on a 1600 scale) already. Stanford is not turning down accepting a 5* FB player who has made 1400 on his SAT.

Again, if that is not true about the 1500 comment, then I take back everything I said above. Well, most of it that is. I still say Stanford isn't turning down a stud FB recruit who has 1400 on his SAT's.

The Stanford storyline as told by Carlos is by far the strangest piece of this bizarre recruiting puzzle. Everything that I've heard from folks I know and trust says that this boils down to an in-state recruiting battle. I'm afraid when the dust finally settles, and the final curtain call ends this drama, he'll end up in Athens. Talk about much ado about nothing!

That is my expectation as well. As I've said before in this thread, if academics and future beyond collegiate athletics were so important, then Bama and the Cesspool would not be on his list. Lots of unnecessary drama from folks who are enjoying this attention quite a bit as far as I can tell. Why play this out so publicly?

When Herschel Walker did it 35+ years ago, it was to gain leverage in what he and his family could get out of Clemson and the Cesspool - which happened to be a pick up truck and black Trans Am. That is, when he "eliminated" both and claimed he was down to USC, UCLA and G.T. (which was never a real threat and only a pawn out of respect to the NATS all along). Less than 48 hours later from that announcement, he dropped USC and UCLA, placed Clemson and the Cesspool back on the list with G.T. -- and of course, had 2 new vehicles sitting out in his front yard (which I knew the man who insured both with Farm Bureau, btw).

I looked on another site and this is what I read ( I do not know if it is true) the 1500 is out of a score of 2100.
I tought 1600 was max maybe someone can find out , I could but I still have 5 more beers to drink before I go to bed. You know my workout for football season

It did change. I don't know if you still get 400 points for putting your name on it. Thought all along Stanford needs a 1500 to get you a visit. He reportedly had a 1400 first try.

I recall when my son was a HS senior in fall of 2005, his class was the first ones to move from the 1600 scale to a 2400 scale which included a writing component to the SAT where it was subjectively scored by so-called trained Literary scholars. I've never heard of a 2100 scale.

If a 1500 is needed out of 2400, that is equivalent to a 1000 on a 1600 scale...which would make a lot more sense to me. I highly doubt Stanford is fielding a FB team full of 1500 (out of 1600) SAT scorers...in fact, not even close.

I don't know how long ago it was, but G.T. for several years owned the crown as having the highest incoming SAT average for FB players and we were not even close to a 1500 (on 1600 scale).

More unnecessary drama...but, what the hell, beats living in Norway.

edit note: I've learned since 2005 that few admissions office give a crap about the writing component and still look more strongly at the Math + Verbal/Grammar components which made/makes up the 1600 scale...was told that 4 years ago as my daughter (now a senior at James Madison U.) was applying to colleges...some colleges pay zero attention to the writing component score

That's interesting. Makes me laugh. What they are now calling new is the old (well, to anybody prior to 2005) and what they are calling old should have been called stupid. Once again, people adding stuff that's not needed. Reminds me of a lot of websites that are pathetic now.

Back in the day, all you needed to get into Tech was 750 or better (out of 800) in the Math segment. Speaking from experience here. They paid little-to-no attention to your Verbal score. Again, I am walking proof. Az yoo ken tail I dew knot hav good grasp uv english langwidge. Yet, G.T. allowed me in because I almost hit perfect on the Math segment.

I couldn't get into Tech now though. Which probably would be a good thing because I would've wound up at a really good college like UNLV.

Being one that had to go to Southern Tech I won't said what my SAT score was but on the verbal part I didn't know the answer to the example. ( and I have be speaking southern English most of my life not sure what I spoke the first couple of years.

That is my expectation as well. As I've said before in this thread, if academics and future beyond collegiate athletics were so important, then Bama and the Cesspool would not be on his list. Lots of unnecessary drama from folks who are enjoying this attention quite a bit as far as I can tell. Why play this out so publicly?

When Herschel Walker did it 35+ years ago, it was to gain leverage in what he and his family could get out of Clemson and the Cesspool - which happened to be a pick up truck and black Trans Am. That is, when he "eliminated" both and claimed he was down to USC, UCLA and G.T. (which was never a real threat and only a pawn out of respect to the NATS all along). Less than 48 hours later from that announcement, he dropped USC and UCLA, placed Clemson and the Cesspool back on the list with G.T. -- and of course, had 2 new vehicles sitting out in his front yard (which I knew the man who insured both with Farm Bureau, btw).

I can assure you that this situation isn't at all akin to Herschel. We aren't a pawn and the ATL is a realistic landing spot for Demetris. We are a decided underdog in my opinion, but the "experts" that give us zero chance are dead wrong. We are in with a shot here, it's a long shot - but that's better than no shot.

Last edited:
Tossing more fuel on the fire, since our staff isn't giving up at all( we are all on board, right? An extra lump on the head, instead of the coffee? We are North Ave. Nerds!). I'm drinking green, herbal tea with my vitamins today. This was published at 3:30 p.m. yesterday by a Natl. Writer:

As five-star WR Demetris Robertson, the nation’s No. 1 wide receiver recruit, sits on a decision about whether to sign with Notre Dame, Georgia, Alabama or Stanford, he is only the latest version of a prep star who waited days or weeks after National Signing Day to ink his pledge.

Robertson reportedly is weighing his SAT score result and possible admission to Stanford, which would green light an official visit there. But he’s also taken official visits to Cal and Georgia Tech, and will likely weigh those offers with the schools above. Yet even a recruiting writer at DawgNation.com less than two weeks ago couldn’t nail down a date for an announcement.

“It is so fluid a situation that it seems haphazard to even warrant a guess as to when Robertson will make his final decision,” Jeff Sentell wrote. “The best possible target, weighing all the current conditions, seems to be somewhere around Feb. 20.”

Much like athletes before him, there’s no technical rush for Robertson until the April 1 deadline to sign, according to nationalletter.org. As ballyhooed as National Signing Day has become, it is technically the start of a two-month signing window. If the NLI isn’t signed, a recruit has until he attends classes to change his mind.

Reports, rumors have surfaced that Sister Robertson plans to enroll in Athens at some point in 2016. This is not the girlfriend.

In other exciting news, the credit card of JT622 is missing after exceeding the credit limit attached of 1 million dollars. A suspect was interviewed in the case, only spewing out vitrolities while stacking beer cans on his lawn that spelled out White Team Rocks.

I can assure you that this situation isn't at all akin to Herschel. We aren't a pawn and the ATL is a realistic landing spot for Demetris. We are a decided underdog in my opinion, but the "experts" that give us zero chance are dead wrong. We are in with a shot here, it's a long shot - but that's better than no shot.

Understood. The reference to Herschel Walker wasn't necessarily a tie to DR. More tied to the drama and the unnecessary (IMO) back and forth as to who is this and who is that as well as just an anecdotal side note of recruiting history from way back when.

Reports, rumors have surfaced that Sister Robertson plans to enroll in Athens at some point in 2016. This is not the girlfriend.

In other exciting news, the credit card of JT622 is missing after exceeding the credit limit attached of 1 million dollars. A suspect was interviewed in the case, only spewing out vitrolities while stacking beer cans on his lawn that spelled out White Team Rocks.

Thanks for the heads up. That explains the automated call by some Indian chick I got this morning claiming she was from Bank of America wanting my credit card number. Wait. Maybe that's unrelated. I dunno. I'm glad I only gave him my card with the 1 million limit. Imagine what he would've done with the 10 million limit line of credit account I have. Sheesh.

Btw, the White Team SUCKS! Go Gold! Beat White!!

Thanks for the heads up. That explains the automated call by some Indian chick I got this morning claiming she was from Bank of America wanting my credit card number. Wait. Maybe that's unrelated. I dunno. I'm glad I only gave him my card with the 1 million limit. Imagine what he would've done with the 10 million limit line of credit account I have. Sheesh.

Btw, the White Team SUCKS! Go Gold! Beat White!!
I only needed a few things :)
GO WHITE beat the GOLD

I'm hearing the White team is favored by 3 and 1/2 at the books in England. Those wacky English! They'll wager on anything.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled following of unnecessary drama by 18 year olds. :D

The Indian Dude called(think his name was John Crapper or some American thing he must have discovered on his one trip over here), wanting to sell me protection on the account. I told him that I want my 300$ limit back that I started with in 1972...that way no fees will ever be needed.

In other developments, Graham(Brittish, friend)told me in the future our planet earth will blow up becoming totally unrecognizable with no proof we ever existed. I inquired should the Moon have long distance, my first call is to the Merril Lynch Advisor. He bet me, I will get no answer. Sucker bet with the English?

If anybody gets really good info that the world is going to blow up, can you please let me know about 20 minutes before it happens so I can pay off some loans really quick that I owe? Thanks.

Dug up a little news on the twin sister, since I was bored with adult life:

TideSaint 492 posts Jan 5, 4:22 AM
Per TOS, Robertson has confirmed his sister will be attending Alabama:
He said on Monday that his twin sister is set to enroll at Alabama for the spring semester and he has said several times the two are likely to attend the same program in college.
Must be good news for us. cheers

Edited to say, that last line and the other four, are from the 'Bama Dude. Not me! I didn't turn to the tide with the tide.

If anybody gets really good info that the world is going to blow up, can you please let me know about 20 minutes before it happens so I can pay off some loans really quick that I owe? Thanks.
Please give 24 hours , not to pay off any loans , but I have a large stockpile of Bud Light and I want time to drink it.

What would be funny is if the world blows up before DR announces his decision.

Wait. That wouldn't be so funny. Knowing our luck, he was going to announce for Tech. It WOULD get the basketball season over with though...just looking on the bright side of things.

Dug up a little news on the twin sister, since I was bored with adult life:

TideSaint 492 posts Jan 5, 4:22 AM
Per TOS, Robertson has confirmed his sister will be attending Alabama:
He said on Monday that his twin sister is set to enroll at Alabama for the spring semester and he has said several times the two are likely to attend the same program in college.
Must be good news for us. cheers

Edited to say, that last line and the other four, are from the 'Bama Dude. Not me! I didn't turn to the tide with the tide.
If he is going to Alabama he will need to take his SAT again and try to drop 200 points off his last score .

If he is going to Alabama he will need to take his SAT again and try to drop 200 points off his last score .

tumblr_luknndtrik1qkq0wr.gif

Well played, good sir.

It may also help if he puts a pic like one of these out on social media...

giphy.gif

On another site, a Tech student spoke of his conversation with KeShaun Freeman about D.R.
K.F. has been like a mentor since speaking at a camp D.R. attended a few years ago. Not that Freeman has any idea where the young man is headed. This reportedly was a day or two ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT