ADVERTISEMENT

Beesball...postseason thread

It has no explanation, if CDH changed his mind.
Usually my sources are like "Gold". Sorry for the bad info.

Personally, I never saw that coming or would have imagined Ryan. Before the season or FSU game for him, maybe. Our rotation in late January....Gold, King, Ryan; Hughes/Parr/Pitts for mid-week games.

One ACC schedule revision...

...Virginia's game at home vs B&HOL has been moved up from a 1pm start to a 11am start Friday due to expected heavy rain here in God's Country.

Two things, please help me with.
1)Does it ever stop raining in God's Country, a/k/a Virginee?
2)I don't recall a a Baseball Coach telling us to push the rock over the hill. Maybe one Stech81 can shed some light on a football excercise to make a lineman stronger doing that drill? I'm familiar with pushing sleds, although they went sideways if I could nudge them to move at all. Also, very familiar with "running the steps". Heard about some toughening up drills O'Leary had. Dustin Vaitekunas and his mommy might recall a certain one.

1. It does stop raining here occasionally, though I have been shopping around for arks lately.

2. I thought it was an odd reference too. I wonder if he notices or cares about how attendance at home games has dropped about 50-70% over the last 5 years as apathy creeps deep into this underachieving program?

The stuff about the ACC being more difficult falls on deaf ears. Miami, FSU, Clemson and Virginia among others aren't using those excuses.

Please don't buy any wood stretchers for your arc. My shop teacher had Neal "Hondo" Williamson(does the Mutt pre-game shows), go ask the "Metal Teacher" to loan our shop one of those imaginary apparatuses. He went for it. Dumb dog.

The stands rocked up until about 2008 or so, then it seemed to decrease. Not nearly as loud, unless a big rally was occurring. Like you've said, pick a seat.

Hope that I'm wrong, but I think Florida will wake up this weekend or UConn will upset us. I can't see us advancing to Tally. What does your head say? Any chance he gets replaced? R.C. loves him, as well as Russ, Taz and several ex-players. It does feel stale to me too!

For the record, I don't have season tickets anymore.

Our chances of winning the regional are about 15%, IMO. Danny's job is safe for another season. Any extension offered to him should not be for 5 years. He hasn't earned nor deserve that based on where this program continually seems to land these days.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Day 1 Scoreboard updates...

-Virginia taking care of business of B&HOL, 13-2, in the 6th
-UNC-Wilmington 1-0 over Duke in the 2nd

updated at 1:35pm

Last edited:
In my best Jackie Gleason voice...

...AND A-WAAAAY WE GOOOOO!

Go Joltin Jackets!!

Sporting all white uni's today to combat that smothering afternoon sun and heat in Gainesville.

Got out of the first....lets get some runs, in my best Harry Caray voice!
Didn't realize Josh Holliday was at Okie St.(they lead 4-0 over Neb. at Tigers w/ a lake park). He would make a good candidate for Tech, should CFDH not bee allowed to retire here.
Zac in a big quandry here.

Last edited:
I was hoping Zac could give us 2 or 3 innings. He hasn't been close on consecutive 3-2 pitches to walk the bases loaded.

Danny better get the pen going. He has no concept of the zone at the moment.

I didn't understand this choice of starters to begin with. Ryan has been crushed all season long. Danny makes decisions sometimes that are just mind boggling.

I realize he doesn't have a ton of options, but Ryan would've been about 5th on the list of potential starters for me.

Strange.

I think I could get a double against this pathetic Tech pitching today. Keep serving up meat across the middle of the plate, Jackets!

Good grief. I guess Danny will blame this showing on how tough the ACC is nowadays.

Absolutely embarrassing.

Hearing Gold might have had a stiff shoulder this week, bee-ing granted another day or two to reevaluate.

Why didn't Parr or Gorst go in his stead?

Hope Bethune-Cookman doesn't turn into a flock of angry birds(too lazy to look up their nickname), if our offense can't bring us back?

Cate is looking sharp.

I'm ready to take my shower and advise CFDH to get the water going today, toss a few bars of soap in the bullpen stall.

Holiday's brother Matt would be a great volunteer hitting coach.

Last edited:
Tech is living up to so many pundits saying the biggest shocker of the NCAAT selections was us getting a (undeserved) 2-seed.

This is about the 5th time this season I have said to myself "I wonder if (our opponent) will score 30 on us today".

I like Randy Carroll. I really do. The others you mentioned I couldn't care less about. But, Randy is dead wrong if he thinks Danny is the right guy for this program.

UNCW crushing Duke 6-0 in the 3rd. ACC getting a lot of early egg on the face.

Virginia still up big (13-4) in the btm 7th.

Sometimes change is good every 22 years or so....look at Jack Leggett...that really surprised me, but Monty was a good choice, or it seems that way right now.

Look at hoops, if he changed a year ago, I think CJP still takes this job and we are sitting better for 2016(and the 2017 recruiting class).

I think Gold should be saved tomorrow. Roll the dice again against B-C and save Gold for Sunday. It's the only chance we have. If you lose to B-C, you weren't going to beat Florida or UConn three straight to win the regional anyway.

So much for these vaunted East Cobb guys supposedly being such studs. I'm not buying it. A little guy from New England is making them all look silly. Tech has had trouble scoring lately as was pointed out earlier this week. We're not even threatening. 1 base runner over 4 innings. PATHETIC!

If Randy Carroll and Mike Bobinski think THIS is the standard for GT Baseball, then please just come out and say it...which, I guess they kind of are, eh? PATHETIC!

We totally agree on this.
Losers bracket=no more losses, however, an extra game to play or two to win the regional will all be needed. Also, pitching is not our strength here(although the bats are still asleep). Gibson or Delaney vs. B-C.

Gorst, Gold, Pitts, later.

We might not score any runs against B-C with our so-called bevy of top 10 recruiting class signees annually.

Duke is getting killed like we are. UNCW up 11-0 in the 3rd. Virginia finishing off B&HOL up big 17-4 in the 9th.

Who would've ever thought 10 years ago I'd be dying for Tech to have as good a beesball program as freakin' Virginia?

Tech opened the season 12-0. Assuming a loss today, we move to 36-24. Meaning, we are 24-24 (read: .500 ball) since that 12-0 start.

More factoids...

-Last time Tech finished with a winning ACC regular season record was 2011.

-Last time Tech hosted a NCAAT regional was 2011.

-Last time Tech won a NCAAT regional was 2006.

We got the tying run on deck. Come on, Jackets!!

Pull out a miracle comeback here.

Does Gonzo have a bomb left in his career? If so, now would be a great time to let it out.

Bringing up wonderful points and some good reasons for the pulse of the program to be down at home in attendance, excitement.

Not to defend Randy or his judgement, however he would never intentionally hurt this program. A successful banker and a true Tech Man, much like yourself. Not sure if those 50 yd. line seats in the west stands about 25 rows up, have sun-baked his thoughts or not from football? However, he has donated more than I've probably made in my lifetime. Not saying that should cloud judgement or suggest it hurts him worse than us to lose.

I wanted the change in Hoops earlier than when we let these last two coaches go, and you probably want Danny out now or like you've stated by next year if this continues. If we could line up a great HC before hand, I would feel better. I'm sure there are ethical ways to gauge interest hypothetically, without direct contact.

My belief is Jason Howell takes the fall in this either June 30th of this year or next. Chandler told a friend of mine, CDH retires here. I know you don't care about his opinion, but thought you might want to know about a purse stringer Randy likes a lot. Why they campaigned to put outfield seats in, is beyond me? Why do we need more empties? We already have enough empty bottles and cans from Stech81. Why seats, too?

Need a two out hit, baaaaad!

Gorst went 2/3rds of an inning and warmed up. Turned out in vein. Now, he's probably not going to start in this regional.
Kel was 0-5.

No greetings when they come back home tomorrow or by the end of this weekend.

Damn. Nice job coming back and making it interesting, Tech.

Great job by the pen today. Danny makes a decision to start a guy that makes/made absolutely zero sense.

The standard for GT Baseball is just get to the NCAAT. Get to the play-in game at the ACCT. Nothing better.

Career security apparently for the head coach if we just do those 2 things.

We have an AD who doesn't give a rat's butt about this program or anything other than FB or MBB. And, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he cares about those 2. It's been a long time since I've been this down about GT Athletics as a whole.

The rock became a boulder and we couldn't push it over the little hill(the mound).

Howard had his rock. Dabo has his balls. CPJ with his Barry good clubs. DRad sporting his orange Bob the Builder kit.
We have a Silent Bob and the Boulder.

Wake and BC saving some face from Duke and Tech's awful early afternoon.

Wake up 5-2 over Minnesota in the btm of the 9th (Gophers batting).

BC up 7-2 over Tulane in the btm of the 9th (Greenies batting).

edit note: Nice job, Deacs and Eagles! They both go on to good wins for the ACC.

Last edited:
I tried to warn the Orangenecks earlier in the thread.

Western Carolina up 6-0 at Auburn with a Lake in the 3rd inning. Former Tech assistant, Bobby Moranda, and his Catamounts looking good. Still early though.

Did Silent Bob and the Boulder cheer you up any?

You and I and our fully retired buddy share something in common during the last week or so....hospital bills....mine will be coming in the mail before I can even get home. Without health insurance, they know you are moving soon or working for Wal-Mart.

Damn. Nice job coming back and making it interesting, Tech.

Great job by the pen today. Danny makes a decision to start a guy that makes/made absolutely zero sense.

The standard for GT Baseball is just get to the NCAAT. Get to the play-in game at the ACCT. Nothing better.

Career security apparently for the head coach if we just do those 2 things.

We have an AD who doesn't give a rat's butt about this program or anything other than FB or MBB. And, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he cares about those 2. It's been a long time since I've been this down about GT Athletics as a whole.

Really sad. GA Tech baseball used to be the best and most consistent men's sport we had. It appears to me that complacency hit about 10-12 years back. Success can have that legacy if you don't keep focused on the future and realize that yesterday's wins don't mean squat tomorrow.

Wow! 2 SEC hosts lose and each has an affect on an ACC team...

-Rhode Island upsets the Gamecocks. Duke now faces South Carolina in an elimination game today at noon.

-Utah takes down Ole Miss. BC now plays Utah tonight in a winner's bracket game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT