ADVERTISEMENT

Beesball...postseason thread

What a spark by Ben Parr. Major tip of the cap to him. 9 up and 9 down thru 3 innings. Even more important, he's only thrown 29 pitches so far so he should have a lot left in the tank if he can keep up this pace.

Bailey-Gonzo-English up for the JJ's.

Let's get some runs, JACKETZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

BANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITS

There's a run and a lead. Nice! Let's get some more, JJ's! Woohoo!

BANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITS

I'm heating some more gravy bowls here in my suite. ESPNU is doing around the horn. Weather delay with regularly scheduled game.

Wiley B. said it's do or die for the Jackets. In my book, same for UCon't. I do like the 3B, Willie Young.

CC ended up finishing off NC St. from last night.

Get more runs, Tech!!
Good hustle by Kel.

MOOOOORE! Let's get MOOOOORE!

BANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITS

2 guys thrown out at home and 1 picked off so far. We are helping UConn way more than we should.

Nice homer by Bart. WOOHOO!

We are wearing this pitcher out in case the announcers aren't noticing. He's lived a charmed life with us helping him up until Bart's bomb.

WOOHOO!

Let's get MOOOOORE!

You know you are getting worn out when our 9-hole hitter gets on base.

Make it hurt, Jackets!!!

Sing it to me, 622!
You should have gone in the broadcasting business. Don't need an "organ-ist behind you".

I know I'm getting the cart in front of the horse, but I'm so afraid of Cole Pitts. No disrespect intended.

Nice inning, Jackets! Even CJ's final out was hit right on the nose. We can get MOOOORE off this rag arm if UConn sticks with him. Let's not sit on a lead like UConn did on us Friday (and it almost came back to haunt them).

Keep it up, Ben!!

Mr. Davis, thanks for telling me about Gonzo's 300th career hit in the first inning. I missed it.
Hope you got my other email address through Twitter. Please post here when you can.

Good grief. Yet another dropped fly ball in CF. I...just...don't...get...it.

That's ruled a hit? What a joke.

Nice job, Ben Parr!!

That run should not have happened. In fact, we should be up at least 6-0 and more like 7-0 or 8-0 if not for boneheaded base-running mistakes.

Hopefully, UConn leaves this pitcher out there.

BANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITSBANANA SPLITS

Get the pen ready, Danny. Parr has done a great job, but it is muggy hot. He's thrown 65 pitches now. And, threw 2 days ago.

Let's go, Ben. You've already surpassed my hope. Get out of this!!

ATTABOY, BEN PARR!!

The first run allowed wasn't on you. Should've never happened. The second one was a fluke.

5 strong innings. Just what the team needed.

Now, let's get some runs, Jackets!!

MECHANICAL BULLMECHANICAL BULLMECHANICAL BULLMECHANICAL BULLMECHANICAL BULLMECHANICAL BULLMECHANICAL BULL

Sphincters tightening in Paris right now. Frenchies are down 5-4 with W&M at bat in the btm of the 8th.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I like this RF (Double D) for UConn. Looks like the kind of guy stech and I could go out bowling with, drink a lot of Bud Light and eat a bunch of wings.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I'm putting the gravy packs up in the cabinet. Going to try the Alka Seltzer indigestion pills, in the next inning or first sign of trouble.

Please get more runs Tech!

Lost the ESPN-3 feed. Beesball twitter is updating. Thanks to Wiley B and the guys.

The U has it on right now.
Double D was safe by a witches titty. The replay was that concise.

One run game. I can only take two of these Seltzers every 4 hours.

Fingers crossed the guys can pull this out. We got the 5 runs early and then haven't done anything since. Reminds of what UConn did against us Friday.

Tied 5-5. Ugh. Gave runs away early to UConn and didn't score due to boneheaded base-running decisions.

Kind of sums up this season and where this program stands at the moment.

Hopefully, the guys can still pull this one out. We've given this one to UConn. Shouldn't be this close.

We are our own worst enemy at times. It strikes again.

Woohoo! JJ's recapture the lead in the top of the 9th. UConn gives us something back after what we've given them today. Still batting and hopefully will get more.

English with another RBI. Now up 7-5. WOOHOO!

Let's get more, Jackets!!

JACKETS WIN!

JACKETS WIN!

JACKETS WIN!

Super duper great job by Ben Parr. We outhit them 14-7. Shouldn't have been this close, but we'll take the W.

6pm vs the hosts. SEC Network.

I don't know if you can get ESPN-3 online or not, mate. But, if you can, then you can get SECN online as well.

Charlie Wholestaff tonight. It may get very ugly, but at least the better team advanced to Game 6 today.

OK, how about this one?...

...Tech Beesball is 3-0 all-time on the SEC Network and 2-0 this season. That is, the actual network TV channel and not that lame renamed ESPN-3 equivalent called SEC Network Plus.

I can't get either of those two, my iPad gets blocked with this new HD setup in the Studio 6. Nice new suite constructed in January, so not complaining. Wish I had some of those local Fox Sports Channels. They want ice water in you know where, also....

I can't get either of those two, my iPad gets blocked with this new HD setup in the Studio 6. Nice new suite constructed in January, so not complaining. Wish I had some of those local Fox Sports Channels. They want ice water in you know where, also....

Hate to say it, but by the 3rd inning, you may be OK with not getting this game. South Carolina is beating Rhode Island 22-2 right now. Hopefully the carnage will not be as unpleasant as that. Though, I guess I'd rather lose 22-2 than 7-5 in 12 innings after dropping a routine fly ball in the top of the 9th which would've ended the game.

edit note: Gamecocks are now up 23-2, so I guess the carnage could be even worse. ;)

WTG JJ's!

At this point, the ACC has still 8 teams alive in the NCAAT:
BC 3-0
Louisville 1-0
FSU 1-0
Miami 1-0
WFU 3-1
GT 2-1
NCSU 1-1
Clemson 1-1

The SEC has 5 teams still alive.

Pitts gets the start tonight...if/when they get started, that is.

Hopefully, Big Country can give us 3 innings. Anything more than that is some delicious sausage gravy over biscuits cooked by one of stech's many wives.

Thanks for confirming my fears with the starting pitcher. Hope I'm wrong, but nightmares all day today without even closing my eyes. He's probably a nice young man, but the Boulder needs to move, not just sit on the rubber.

Weather Delay. I tuned in and thought I was at Concourse E at Hartsfield with the warm-up music for a flight to the Far East. I've never understood why soberly challenged people go to Waffle House late at night, it's faster and cheaper to tune in to WREK.

If they can't get this one in tonight, tropical storm Collin could delay it for a couple of days.

Edited to add that weather radar is indicating rain just cleared out and the gap to the next wave of rain looks large enough to get 9 innings in...

Last edited:
Happy to eat before the game starts, because if we are the home team, we may never have the lead. Sorry for the negativity. Don't trust the pitching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT