ADVERTISEMENT

Beesball...postseason thread

Brandon Gold will be starting for Tech today. 2 days and 2 dumb decisions by Danny Hall.

Good Buddha this CEO of Tech Beesball continues to boggle the mind.

DUMB!

Stallings in CF and Wruble in RF today. I applaud this move. I was starting to think the CF who has been unnecessarily taking up a spot in the lineup had/has nude photos of the head coach or something. Sheesh.

Even if Gold's shoulder feels better, wait another day. UF is way more of a challenge for us. If Pitts were to get Tech eliminated today, so bee it!

Alonso comes back from a broken hand in three weeks, homers twice for a 9-3 Gator win over B-C.

We will win 23-0 today and then lose 23-0 tomorrow. But, hey, by Buddha we can beat our chests knowing we won 1 game at the NCAAT. Grounds for a 5-year extension in Tech's current athletic program mentality I guess.

Just really stupid.

Gold & Gorst combined ERA = 1.76
The rest of the staff's combined ERA (16 pitchers) = 5.74

Jonathan Hughes ERA = 2.45

Perhaps in the GT Athletic Administration Protocol these days, losing to Bethune-Cookman equates to Danny Hall getting a 10-year extension.

Good grief.

tumblr_mcpvckUquc1r1ekiy.gif

I got you....one win prolongs the agony=5 year extension....0 wins=savings in room, board, food, and deserves twice the extension.

Can you tell me again how announcements take place? The ER Doctor last night asked me why my head was spinning around as that is not common with resistant parasite infestation. I said, well GTJT is my athletic counselor. Call him the voice of reason, the teller of truths and a part-time exorcist. He cured Reagin, when she "announced" the devil was possessing her body.

If Kel Johnson stays in this slump, no chance for two wins on Sunday and a Regional Championship on Monday night. Not that our pitching can go 5 games this weekend.

Heeeeeey, how about that? Tech with 5 runs (and still batting in the 9th with no outs) in the top of the 9th pushes our lead up to 11-3.

This now means in our last 16 games we have scored over 6 runs in 2 of them. The opponents in the 2 were from the MEAC (Savannah State and Bethune-Cookman). The same MEAC that is ranked 31st out of 32 conferences in the RPI. The same MEAC that Danny wasted Gold against today.

But, at least we got a win at Gainesville though, right? Attaboy, Danny. You're a freakin' genius.

If Kel Johnson stays in this slump, no chance for two wins on Sunday and a Regional Championship on Monday night. Not that our pitching can go 5 games this weekend.

Nice kid. Decent power. Streaky. Slow. Defensive liability. Strikes out way too much. He better enjoy his time at Tech and get that degree.

He sits in the middle of the order, why now of all times?

We wasted Gold as 6 already in the ninth makes it a blow out!

Stech81 is a better baseball HC. Sorry to insult him, while comparing his abilities to a man obviously on more meds. than we are.

Duke is self-destructing. Took a 2-2 tie to the top of the 9th. Duke is home team. Gamecocks have scored 2 on a bunch of stuff like wild pitches by Duke's pen. Heading to btm of the 9th with Devils ready to bat down 4-2.

Kel's swing has become far too inside-out. He's hitting 90% of his connections to the right side. While, that is not a bad thing in some cases, it is far too skewed to negate some natural pull power to the left side -- as well as to keep the defense balanced and playing him fair.

Again, nice kid. Decent to good hitter. Not nearly as good as some Tech folks make him out to be, IMO. He's a DH because too much of a liability defensively and no real fit position-wise to move him around.

Watched the Duke game. Stallings, lefty out of Lovett School here, closer, gave up the two runs to send them packing.

We might be leaving Florida after the Noon game tomorrow.

If not the noon game, it will be the 6pm game tomorrow. The latter of the two could get very very ugly. Hell, the first one could.

I don't think UConn or us are coming anywhere near threatening the Gators. UF still has the overall #1 pick in the MLB draft to pitch - tonight I assume.

I don't think UConn is even that good. When you have a pitcher walking guys and hitting a batter on a 3-2 count and then following up by throwing 84 mph fast ball meat across the middle of the plate - AND a head coach who just leaves him out there when he should have never been pitching in the first place - then Bethune-Cookman likely rolls up a 7-run inning like UConn did. UConn didn't do diddly after that one inning.

I still can't get over how ridiculously stupid Hall was in starting Gold today. I mean, he's made some significantly bizarre head-scratching moves in the past, but this one was right there with 'em. Here's another one for ya...

...his son played 2B for the entire 3-game series against Coastal Carolina as Wade Bailey was out. Carter played really well. He's a MUCH better threat offensively than Puerifoy in CF. Hall hasn't played hardly at all since Bailey came back after that CCU series. You know, the one we swept at home. I figured Carter deserved at minimum a shot back out at CF like he's played some this year. If nothing else, to get an offensive threat in the bottom of the lineup instead of a sure out.

Just odd odd stuff from Danny. It's beyond old.

Speaking of Vandy getting pummeled, Ole Miss is tied with Tulane 3-3 in the 7th. The Rebs fans' a-holes are tightening up tighter than a tick on a dog's johnson as they face what we Tech fans have experienced twice as regional hosts - that is, 2-and-done.

Ticks and mites and parasites. I'm being treated this afternoon with a pill they try to give a dog, Invermectrin. I said try. I just sit up and say, give me another Boulder.

Did Carter wreck Danny's Audi?

Oh my! Drama in Oxford. Tulane took a 4-3 lead, then the Rebs took it right back 5-4 heading to the top of the 9th. Tulane just hit a 2-run dinger to take back the lead, 6-5, and hoping to hold on in the bottom of the 9th to end the Rebs' season.

And, down goes the first SEC team. Tulane gets the win.

The Oxford Regional now is down to BC and Utah (who play later today)...and the Greenies.

LOL!

Wow, what a choke job by the French. They were up 6-3 heading to the bottom of the 9th. ECU scored 2 runs to pull to 6-5. 2 more guys on with no outs. SAC bunt sets up the tying run at 3B and winning run at 2B. Dude hits a homer to pull off the 5-run comeback win for ECU, 8-6.

Whoa!

Way to go, BC! Eagles defeat Utah. Now sitting in the driver's seat at Oxford-Rebels-Less Regional. They'll play the winner of Tulane & Utah tomorrow night in front of 622 fans....maybe 200 fans if Tulane is eliminated.

Canes just scored 2 to overtake the lead against the Dirtbags, 3-2, in the 7th.

FSU won. Louisville crushed the Buckeyes.

Gators up 6-5 against UConn in the 8th.

Clemson down 8-1 to the Cowpokes in the 6th.

Gators batting in the top of the 9th and hanging on for dear life, up 6-5.

And, the Gators hold on for the win, 6-5.

Jackets vs Huskies Part Two at Noon Sunday. Weather permitting. May be able to get the noon game in before the t'storms roll in mid-afternoon.

Thanks for all of the updates, good mate!
Did UConn throw their ace tonight?
I sure hope so. Although they do have three strong starters.

And the drama continues...

...Miami was up 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th. Two outs and nobody on. Long Beach State Dirtbag hits a homer to tie it up.

Miami now trying to take it to extras.

UConn did indeed throw their ace. They rolled the dice properly. His line...

...5.2 IP, 8 hits, 5 runs (4 earned), 2 BB's, 3 K's.

Gators out-hit the Huskies, 12-6.

Morris' Da U win in 11, 4-3. Clemson losses big. NC St. in trouble 1-0 late. BC won, now 2-0, will await a final with two chances to advance against(as you said, a rebeless opponent). Vandy won 43 games, but the young man accidentally drowning while fishing Thursday, obviously affected them getting swept.

Yep. 2 SEC hosts are gone. South Carolina has to win 3 games.

Same for Clemson and Virginia.

Parr gets the start today against the Huskies per @GTbaseball.

Hopefully, we can get 3 or 4 innings out of him. Anything more than that would be gravy.

Go Ben!

Go gravy, I'll take 9 bowls and drink 'em all.
I bowl=1 inning pitched.

We need to get back to the CWS, so I have an excuse to take my boy half way across the nation. I hear the concessions are real low in cost.

Will settle for a Super-Regional. Might have to rent a car for Tally, mine is a 2002, now a city car or grocery transportation.

Gonzo got his career 300th base hit in his first appearance today. Congrats to Matt. He's way behind Varitek for the school record, but 300 is quite an accomplishment.

Somebody will draft him later this week and be very glad they did, IMO. Gonzo has most all of the tools to be successful. And, his versatility to play both 3B and OF is another positive.

Good job by Ben in the 1st. "Only" 14 pitches needed in a 1-2-3 inning.

Can we PUHLEEEEEZE get these pitchers some runs, Jackets? Wake the bats up!!!!

BANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCE

Nobody out and we get a guy thrown out at home. WTF?

Come on, Bryan Prince!

And then, Kel gets picked off 1B. Just crap baseball all around. 2 rocket hits and the bases are empty with 2 outs now. Just absolutely stupid baseball. Dammit!

Attaboy, Ben! This UConn pitcher is hanging curveballs. Let's take advantage and then avoid the bonehead base-running mistakes.

Let's go, Jackets!!!!

BANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA DARK HAIRED

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT