ADVERTISEMENT

Beesball...postseason thread

Let the carnage begin. I enjoyed the 0-0 tie game for two-thirds of the 1st inning.

Pitts limits the carnage to 1 run. Not bad really.

Hopefully, we can get 2 more innings out of him with less than 5 runs given up.

Big Country gives us 2 innings of 1-run ball. One more inning and he's done well.

The last time we made the a Regional Final was at Vandy, if I recall correctly?
Seems like Josh H. pitched a beauty and young Cole Pitts came through.

2013?

Big Country gives us 2 innings of 1-run ball. One more inning and he's done well.
Must we let him pitch the third?

Please take him out now!

Did Alonso smack that as hard as it sounded on the radio? Crack dealers make less racket at 2 a.m.

Last edited:
Attaboy Cole!! 3 innings and 1 run allowed. That's a good start. Anything beyond this is tasty gravy. Let's go Jackets.

No more instant gravy tasting for me today. They are in the cabinet for snow blizzard '17.

Please take him out. Gibson, Lee, Johnny W., anyone?

Stech81 just ran out of wives who know how to make gravy or boil water. Can we remove him now?

Last edited:
Need to get some bats on this pitcher's nasty looking stuff. One run might be all they need WHITE FLAG

This Mexico-Uruguay Copa America match is more exciting. And, that's maybe a good thing. I figured Fla would be into about our 4th pitcher and up 11-0 by now.

The NBA Finals, game two are on ABC.

Wiley B. is giving Pitts a standing radio ovation. He didn't go 5, 3 runs thus far, 5 hits, at least 3 walks....

Florida has low batting averages for a 40+ win club, don't they?

Last edited:
My bad, I wished him out, all day long, actually since Friday when Ryan started. Positive we weren't winning that first game or coming out of the losers bracket against Florida.
If my emoticons worked on this site, I would wave the white flag. Radio turned off. In mourning for Tech Athletics for this fiscal year.

Awaiting Stech's long, lengthy letter to CPJ....the countdown....basketball evaluation...a few more commits this summer....and glad to be back to filtered water, instead of that nasty hospital water that tastes like an enema(whatever that should be like).

He may have gone down to his basement a decade ago, after hitting the ceiling. May not come out.

They probably replace Jason Howell, who I personally like a great deal. Always a fall guy, or so it seems. Hopefully, CJH gets another year in the least.

Congrats to BC for advancing. They now travel to Coral Gables to what will assure at least 1 ACC team is heading to Omaha. 4 ACC teams have advanced (BC, Miami, Louisville, and FSU).

Today, NC State must beat Coastal Carolina on the Pack's home field to advance to the SR. First game is scheduled for 1pm.

The SEC has 3 teams who have already qualified... Florida (who will host the Noles), Mississippi State and Texas A&M. LSU could and probably will advance later today on their home field as they play the winner of Rice & SE La. in a regional that has been set back due to bad weather.

Also, South Carolina tries to fight back through the loser's bracket and plays UNC-Wilmington tonight in Columbia for a winner-take-all advance to the SR for a potential 5th SEC team to move forward.

Louisville is in pretty good shape. They may be the best team in the nation to start with, but they cruised through their regional giving up just 5 runs over their 3 wins/games. They will host the winner of today's regional at Vandy between Xavier and UC Santa Barbara. The Gauchos are in the driver's seat as Xavier must knock them off twice to advance.

FSU at Florida will be a fun one to watch. These clubs know one another really well. The Gators will be tough to beat at home, but the Noles' bats were really hot at their regional this past weekend at Tally. They Noles scored 18, 7 and 18 runs in their 3-game sweep to advance.

SR's will be...

FSU at 1-Florida
UCSB or Xavier at 2-Louisville
BC at 3-Miami
TCU at 4-Texas A&M

ECU at either 5-Texas Tech or Dallas Baptist (TTU and DB play today at 3pmET for a winner-take-all advance...ECU was the 3-seed at the Charlottesville Regional while DB was the 2-seed at the Lubbock Regional...if DB upsets TTU today it is most likely ECU hits the road to Tejas no matter what as DB would be awarded to host the SR since they were the higher seed at the regional...if TTU wins, they will host as a national seed of course)

La-Lafayette or Arizona at 6-Mississippi State (LLU and Zona play at 2pmET today...if Zona wins, they must beat LLU again tonight to advance)

Oklahoma State at South Carolina...or Oklahoma State vs UNC-Wilmington with host TBD (if South Carolina defeats UNCW today, they will host the Cowpokes...both OSU and UNCW were/are 2-seeds in their respective regionals so the committee will have to decide which one hosts if UNCW upsets the Cocks today at Columbia)

Coastal Carolina or NC State at 8-LSU (I'll go ahead and assume the Bengals Tigers will avoid being beaten twice today at home)

Being a betting man, I will be willing to bet the conference affiliations at Omaha will look like this...

SEC - 5
ACC - 2
Big 12 - 1

subject to change obviously based on what happens today

Reactions: Buzzforlife
NC State is ripping Coastal Carolina, 8-0, in the bottom of the 7th. Hopefully the Pig Farmers go on to win and force a final game (6pm, ESPN-3) on NCSU's home field for the regional marbles and decide who travels to Baton Rouge (most likely, assuming LSU doesn't get upset twice at home).

edit note: Pack wins 8-1

edit note #2: Pack-CCU game tonight now scheduled for 6pm start

Last edited:
these are the little events/decisions that have often made fans wonder about Hall. Has he hit his ceiling?

The answer is yes, he hit his ceiling in 2006. It's time for him to gracefully retire. We don't need to fire him - he's been too good for that. But he's clearly lost his edge and we're just going through the motions each year at this point.

CCU takes an early 2-0 lead over the Pack in the top of the 1st. Come on, Wolfies!!

Up 2-0 in the top of the 2nd, CCU loads the bases with nobody out...NCSU pitches out of it with no runs allowed.

Hopefully, that will be a spark for the Wolfies. Go Pack!

Slow game...thru 4 innings, CCU up 3-2 over the Pack.

In other news...

*UC Santa Barbara defeated Xavier to win the Nashville Regional. They will now head to Louisville to take on the Cardinals in the Supers.

*South Carolina and UNC-Wilmington was washed out due to TS Colin. Rescheduled for tomorrow at 2pm.

*Arizona defeated UL-Lafayette and is now leading ULL again in the 5th, 3-1. The winner travels to Starkville for the SR's.

*Rice leads LSU 3-0 in the 3rd. If Rice can hang on, it will force a final game between the two teams tomorrow.

*Texas Tech defeated Dallas Baptist and will now host East Carolina in the SR's.

Rain delay in Raleigh. Who knows if they'll get this game in tonight??? I'll find out tomorrow.

GO PACK!!

Looks like Rice is taking LSU to a final on Tuesday, 10-6 and still rallying in their half of the eighth.
NC St. leads 5-3, top 9th...CCU has the sacks loaded with one out...in another weather delay.

Good game for Rice. Hope they have the pitching for another game.

Also NC State and CCU will resume today at 2pm.
take a look at the rain before they called it.

CCU on to the Super's after an exciting 9th inning that spanned over a dozen hours apart to complete. 7-5 win over Wolfies in the cow pastures of Sir Walter Raleigh.

I see South Carolina and LSU took the last 2 spots.

Friday Games
BC@ Miami
Arizona @ Miss St
E Carolina @ Texas Tech
TCU @ Teas A&M

Saturday Games
UC Santa Barbra @Louisville
Ok State @ S. Carolina
FSU@ Florida
C Carolina @ LSU
+ 4 above

Friday results...

Miami defeats BC as expected, but ECU wins at Texas Tech, Arizona wins at Miss State, and TCU wins at Texas A&M. SEC loses 2 of 2 at home Friday.

The Gauchos take Game 1 at Louisville, 4-2. Miami down late against BC 4-3.

BC defeats the Canes, 5-3, to force a deciding Game 3 tomorrow. Kudos to the Eagles for their late season run.

Noles leading the Gators in Gainesville 3-0 in the 7th. The only ACC-SEC SR matchup.

Go Noles!!

F$U wins, 3-0.
Arizona punches ticket to CWS.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Draft

Round Overall Organization Status Pool Amount Signing Bonus
Taylor Trammell OF 1st-Supp 35th Cincinnati Reds Unsigned $1,837,200
Connor Justus SS 5th 156th Los Angeles Angels Unsigned $347,700
Matt Gonzalez 2B 6th 169th Atlanta Braves Senior $306,600
Brandon Gold RHP 12th 350th Colorado Rockies Unsigned
Matthew Gorst RHP 12th 358th Boston Red Sox Unsigned
Arden Pabst C 12th 375th Pittsburgh Pirates Unsigned

Signing deadline: July 15 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern.
Notes: The signing deadline does not apply to college seniors and undrafted players.
Undrafted players are eligible to sign until they begin Fall Semester classes.

GTJT-In the Braves thread, you said Arden Pabst is "definitely" gone?
You probably know something, that would make a Junior want to go after hitting .248 and being picked after the initial 10 rounds?

Didn't Stech tell us once Pabst Blue Ribbon is gone, in favor of Bud Light?

Is Hall moving to SS? I know you like Xzavion Curry in the middle, correct?

Arden split time with Bart this season near a 50-50 split. I think Bart will take over next year. Best for Arden to head on as his draft potential after next year won't look any better than now...just one idiot's opinion of course.

Gauchos score 4 in the bottom of the 9th to sweep the Cards 4-3 in Louisville. Wow!

Miami up 9-4 in the 8th over BC.

Noles have a chance tonight to get a 2nd ACC team to Omaha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT