ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Basketball, 2016; Staffing & Asst. Coaches(CJP Interviews, AAU, Misc.)

If Josh Heath's hip gets worse, or the other Josh beats him out(seems unlikely for a freshman)...the Coach Josh might have to let both Jackson's play the 2G.

This is the announcement before the official announcement which precedes any previous announcements.

Rowland is still a walk-on for now. I had to ask yesterday.

Yes, I have it on good account and we have plenty of room. I think the other two Grad. Trfs. offered are not coming here. Hampton going to Tex. A&M, also.

Does your son up in Pennsylvania have any eligibility left?

OK, thanks mate.

My son does have eligibility left, but he is now just making too damn much money. Tech can't afford him at this point. It would be a drop down in pay if Tech's MAWM all of a sudden made a call. Kentucky, the UNC Cheaters, and the like might be able to compete with his current salary. Ahhhh to be 28 years old again and making what he's making now. DRUNK BUDDIES

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Does a unit mean anything to these kids anymore?:

Congrats. again for taking him into his 28th year last month. Must be nice to part of the 622k family.

My mother calls me the 100k loser. My brother-in-law makes the club & I lost that much having to sell a house in the wrong market to pay off medicals. She will be 77 in a few weeks.

Losing White puts a damper on what has been otherwise a good week for Tech Athletics, though we had no games/matches with exams going on.

Started out on Tuesday with both tennis teams making the NCAAT. We got news of the golf team also getting an at large bid to the NCAA's for about the 20th year in a row. Francesca Pan's commitment to Coach Jo was the biggest and best news to me. CJP announced his staff. Lots of good going on. Certainly overshines the loss of White, though his decision to go elsewhere leaves a huge hole in the post next season. Hoping CJP can land Moore as well as get a grad transfer big to join for 1 season.

Good luck to Romello. Thanks for choosing Tech. Fully understand the decision to go elsewhere. Glad Josh and Christian are sticking with Tech. I think one day they will look back and know they were the start of something special...kind of like some guys named Price & Salley, Mansell, Joseph, Petway, Dalrymple, Ford, etc., can now 30+ years later.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
BAJ-I'm with you and the family asking for the release no matter where he ends up. Guessing Auburn, because the previous staff took a calculated risk since they had little choice with all the Seniors and only 3 years on the contract back in 2015. Coaches make the money, then leave the recruits behind. True, it's about going to that college, however he built a relationship up with Dollar and Gregs.

Can't blame Mello for setting his sight high on Tech. I wish him the best too!

Allow me the liberty of taking a stab at our lineup:
PG-
Josh Heath
Tyrie Jackson
Corey Heyward, should we not get Moore or Bibby and desperately fills a need.

2G-
Tad. Jackson
Josh Okogie

SF-
Q. Stephens
C-Matt.

PF-
Sylvester Ogbonda, has moved ahead of A.D.
Rand Rowland

C-
Ben "Slammer" Lammers
A. Guy.

Added practice players/warriors/elder fools-
JT622
Stech81
BAJ
Texwood(soon as the plane lands back from Korea)
Melanie and family
Stinger78
ESPN/Fox Jacket
Buzzforlife, & Buzzy the bull for life(6'2 220, and solid)
Cameronella
His Dog
Mooch
Richard
JF61
Any others with a heartbeat or of which rigor mortise has not set in yet

The bolded above is a non-sequitur.

Otherwise, I agree totally.

No. He is living out of that original bag he packed from Memphis.
The shirt was given to him when he got off that plane for the presser.

Pretty sure I'm not alone on this, but I was significantly smarter at age 38 than I was at age 31.

CJP by most standards is *still* a pretty young guy - particularly for a CEO role at a program in the NCAA's best conference. At 31, that was/is kind of unheard of - particularly at a program like Memphis.

I imagine he will grow professionally as he matures not only in his career, but from being a father/husband and all the other things that come along with nearing his 40's.

Not sure if he was kidding about this, but stated that the "powers that be at Tech" said it was fine to take a Sunday off and join his family.

The man has some excellent "work characteristics", hopefully he learns to delegate some of that authority to his staff.

Tech will take the high road and grant Romello White's release... http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-will-grant-whites-release-from-letter/nrMDB/

No mention of any conditions, which is appropriate IMO. Interesting though...

White’s mother Catrece Martinez said in a statement last Friday that the family had “begun the process for Romello’s release from GT.”

As of Wednesday, however, the request had apparently yet to be submitted. Speaking at the ACC spring meetings, Bobinski called the situation “fluid,” a description Pastner used Tuesday. Tech’s expectation is that White will ultimately ask for his release.

Other than CTH, the previous staff was overpaid IMO. Reveno is only making 70k more than Tom, which is about the correct market value for correlative experience brought in. Net taxes, appox. 50k greater than his predecessor. He brings International, Western USA recruiting abilities. Regarded as a "big man" developer, more than a Jeff Capel(ace recruiter)or a Steve Robinson type.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT