ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Basketball, 2016; Staffing & Asst. Coaches(CJP Interviews, AAU, Misc.)

An excerpt taken out of the AJC blog posted under Rayshaun Hammonds, Lance Thomas' recruitment under 2017 Basketball:

“They’re both really excited (about Tech), and it’s an exciting time around the city in regards to the new direction that Tech took,” McMillan said. “Coach Pastner came in with the reputation of being a great recruiter and a great people person and I think his first month on the job has solidified that.”

The relationship with Pastner has started well.

“First impressions have been really good,” McMillan said. “I think everyone’s in agreement – we like the staff. It’s a good mixture of guys that are experienced and guys that know the city and know the national landscape, as well.”

McMillan sees what makes Pastner an effective recruiter.

“There’s certain guys that just kind of come across a certain way and, a good recruiter at the high-major level has to be able to talk to the high-school coach and the AAU coach and have that relationship with them but also at the same time have that relationship with the kid,” he said. “Certain people have it, certain people don’t, and I don’t necessarily think that it’s just a bombardment. I don’t think a good recruiter means that they’re just on and on and on. But I think it’s more of just personality and more of just energy and passion. These kids are smart and they’re exposed to a lot and they see a lot of people and I think they recognize when somebody means what they say. I think that’s what works best.”

An excerpt taken out of the AJC blog posted under Rayshaun Hammonds, Lance Thomas' recruitment under 2017 Basketball:

“They’re both really excited (about Tech), and it’s an exciting time around the city in regards to the new direction that Tech took,” McMillan said. “Coach Pastner came in with the reputation of being a great recruiter and a great people person and I think his first month on the job has solidified that.”

The relationship with Pastner has started well.

“First impressions have been really good,” McMillan said. “I think everyone’s in agreement – we like the staff. It’s a good mixture of guys that are experienced and guys that know the city and know the national landscape, as well.”

McMillan sees what makes Pastner an effective recruiter.

“There’s certain guys that just kind of come across a certain way and, a good recruiter at the high-major level has to be able to talk to the high-school coach and the AAU coach and have that relationship with them but also at the same time have that relationship with the kid,” he said. “Certain people have it, certain people don’t, and I don’t necessarily think that it’s just a bombardment. I don’t think a good recruiter means that they’re just on and on and on. But I think it’s more of just personality and more of just energy and passion. These kids are smart and they’re exposed to a lot and they see a lot of people and I think they recognize when somebody means what they say. I think that’s what works best.”

Hope it works out... These players need to understand the academic side too. It is a little different from what Pastner is used to recruiting.

He played with such energy...a very studious individual.
Perfect for this staff and our true rebuild.
Could not have found a better match!

Mario also has experience at the next level and playing overseas. Never hurts to have guys like that in your program when you are recruiting guys who aspire to have those experiences in the future.

Exactly! Reveno brings that to the "table", also.
As you know, CMJ is not just another flash in the "Pan" with her contacts. The A C C sells hoopla, just ask Gene Hill.

Sorry for not blacking my name out and inserting Buzzforlife, however this is my first correspondence/letter from a basketball coach since Whack sent me a birthday card. I'm fairly certain this was not reproduced, ha!ha!!

From the desk of Josh Pastner....

Dear Kirk,

My first few weeks on the Flats have been a whirlwind, and I am thrilled to be a part of the Yellow Jacket family! I have definitely kept myself busy - hiring a great staff, working with our team to get better every day, and hitting the recruiting trail really hard.

As I have said since day one - this is truly your program. In order to achieve our goals, we need our fans to unite around the program.

I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your support of Georgia Tech basketball, and I hope that you will continue to support your team in McCamish Pavilion this season. Your passion and energy is the cornerstone to building the foundation of a championship-level program.

My family and I are excited for our first season as Yellow Jackets and honored to help write the next chapter in the rich basketball tradition at Georgia Tech. Please know I understand how much you mean to the program and if you have any thoughts, suggestions, or comments on how we can make the program better, please let me know.

Again, thank you for your continued support of Georgia Tech basketball. We look forward to seeing you at McCamish Pavilion soon.

Together We Swarm!

Josh Pastner

Dearest Josh;
Please keep them off the course. No golf memberships in Darryl's Christmas stocking.

Please stay in the hot gymnasiums in July, bring us home some 2017 Studlings.

Please don't worry about any wardrobe changes. We like the polo, with the correct team on it.

Please keep the communication going with Silent Bob, he needs at least one friend.

Please allow Stech81 in to a camp this summer. He needs a winter sport.

Will be writing back to you soon. Thank you for that invitation.

Your friend with each win or national championship,
Buzzforlife.

Thought you might want to know that former assistant coach at Georgia Tech, Tom Herrion, is taking an administrative position at TCU.

Pastner probably asked them to put the Jackets at 15. He has been really down playing the results for next year. He's trying to manage the expectations.

Didn't know that he is opposed to the players cursing.
Seem to find something else to love about him in each article or interview.

I read an article about him soon after his hiring that said he did not curse, drink, smoke, chew, or dip. I think stech81 and I can overlook all of those faults at our weekly Kegs 'N Q parties at the Brock Indoor Football Unnecessary Waste of Money Building.

:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT