ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

At this time I'm sorry I can't give my Verbal to Tech but I plan take my 2 Visits to :
1) Hawaii
2) Las Vegas
After my visits I will give my verbal to Tech.
Question it did take me 8 years to get my degree from Southern Tech how many years does that give me to play for GT?

Pretty sure you are a 1-and-done, mate. Or, in beer terms, that's like 74 Bud Lights and done.

In your c o f f e e at Tech, you get three lumps. Part of being toughened up, part of the shaft, part of the crack in the sidewalk. The doughnuts are for the fat guys in the back, me and my friends.

Edited to ask, how do we get rid of these annoyances(the emoticon comes in over the word "c o f f e e" in this case)?

Last edited:
Rating Tech odds at 95%, UCF at 5%. When the Twitter lingo is blank, it is a way for the new generation to declare a "silent commitment" in recruiting. We all live and learn these crucial worldly developments(smile?):

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-White-34767

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshWhiteATH?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Published Jan. 26:
Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey reports that head coach Dino Babers will meet with Georgia three-star defensive end Josh White on Wednesday. White will take an official visit to Syracuse this weekend. He also has an offer from Maryland, and will receive a visit from Georgia Tech this week.

Jan. 29th, roughly two hours ago:
6-3 230 lb. DE JoshWhite is rated three stars and the No. 76 athlete in the Class of 2016 by 247Sports.com's composite rankings. He is a converted quarterback who recorded 10 sacks in his first season playing defensive end.

White has not yet been offered by the Orange and his situation could be dependent on that of SU defensive end commit Jaquwan Nelson, who is currently on an official visit to Georgia. Maryland and Georgia Tech have also expressed interest in White while Army, Navy and Air Force are the favorites should a Power-5 school not extend an offer.

Last edited:
A couple of our DB targets have been cut loose. This keeps Deshaunte Jones on the board and that is music to my ears.

Totally agree with you. Johnson is a lock to me, later today, tonight, Sunday at the latest. F. & C., I still think favor us in the final decision. Both, should be Monday or Tuesday for social media. Jones, is visible and alive to us if Ohio St. stays away. Would think the priority for Ga. Tech is another lineman above an athlete(just never know how Paul decides ultimately?). So having those thoughts, Powell or Josh White could emerge with a 'ship. The idea of White taking a PWO now, should be considered very remote.

Realizing you are especially wanting Jones(me, too-because QB and WR should have competition the next few years), don't count out Cincy. They have made a late push and he is popular in that metro. area.

Edited to ask, can we get rid of those emoticons? Mooch, I do need you, I think.

Should we rename this year's Dead Period in honor of Mike Bobinski? I mean, everything gets a sponsor or name attached to it these days. Makes it sound more impressive and important. Perhaps the Mike Bobinski National Football Signing Day Dead Period brought to you by Zzzquil.

dunce

McCloud heading to Raleigh? That's OK. He wouldn't even make our scout team.

(just trying to get into midweek form for next week when the disappointments come in)

Apparently, he DOES want to venture into pig farming as a vocation. Good luck to him.

Rock Horns

McCloud heading to Raleigh? That's OK. He wouldn't even make our scout team.

(just trying to get into midweek form for next week when the disappointments come in)

Apparently, he DOES want to venture into pig farming as a vocation. Good luck to him.

Rock Horns
I guess he likes bacon.

D.R. committed to 'Bama in 2014. Does he really need to take an official visit? Sometimes I wonder about how important the academics are to some young people. I'm sure Ga. Tech emphasized them, so that is on his mind right now.

Going to UGAG also? Like he hasn't toured their campus at camps/games, living closer to them as opposed to the list. If you play hoops right now, I can see going beyond signing day.

D.R. committed to 'Bama in 2014. Does he really need to take an official visit? Sometimes I wonder about how important the academics are to some young people. I'm sure Ga. Tech emphasized them, so that is on his mind right now.

Going to UGAG also? Like he hasn't toured their campus at camps/games, living closer to them as opposed to the list. If you play hoops right now, I can see going beyond signing day.

As in most cases, academics are important to parents and not so much for kids. I'm just glad that Demetris has a mother who values education and has enough influence on her son to get him to visit. The fact that they didn't go to Tuscaloosa on Sunday as originally planned is a good sign. We have a shot - it's a long shot to be sure - but it's still a shot.

Isn't Carlos his guardian?

Tex.-I have always heard that when you recruit, you need to identify the influence who could ultimately become decision helper/maker first?

When I put together my softball teams, every angle possible was used to secure them in our jurisdiction or office or section. Then get them to show for practices through playing time or promising beer. Stech81 will be responding to this in 3, 2, 1...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT