ADVERTISEMENT

0 Days until G.T. Football cranks up.....

#51 Brant Mitchell
Class:
Sophomore
Hometown:
Knoxville, Tenn.
High School:
Webb School
Height / Weight:
6-2 / 236
Position:
LB

Love this guy in the middle! Old school, and the hits keep on coming!!

Reminds me of Ron Rogers...easily one of my favorites of all time to wear W&G.

Looking for big things from Brant this season. If he stays healthy, he will likely end up very high in the record books when he's done at Tech.

#50 ANDREW MARSHALL
CLASS:JuniorHOMETOWN:Cumming, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:West Forsyth
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-4 / 282POSITION:OLBIRTHDATE:09/19/1995

Exciting to see the countdown now in the 40's. 7 weeks from this morning, maties. Woohoo!

Halfway thru this pathetic month and halfway between Memorial and Labor Day. Hope these next few weeks fly by somehow.

Exciting to see the countdown now in the 40's. 7 weeks from this morning, maties. Woohoo!

Halfway thru this pathetic month and halfway between Memorial and Labor Day. Hope these next few weeks fly by somehow.
Once July is over happy days will be here. July sucks.

Those green emoticons were preprogrammed by this site. Wish I could take the credit, and so does my iPad.

Happy to see us get under the 50 mark, and yes July is no fun. Time for me to do the emissions, tag, so not to do it in August. That is reserved for Mr. Clean's free birthday wash for the car.

49-

GT 1949 record 7–3 (5–2 SEC)
Head coach Bobby Dodd (5th year)
Home stadium Grant Field

1949 SEC football standings

Team W L T W L T
Tulane $ 5 – 1 – 0 7 – 2 – 1
#11 Kentucky 4 – 1 – 0 9 – 3 – 0
#17 Tennessee 4 – 1 – 1 7 – 2 – 1
Georgia Tech 5 – 2 – 0 7 – 3 – 0
#9 LSU 4 – 2 – 0 8 – 3 – 0
Alabama 4 – 3 – 1 6 – 3 – 1
Vanderbilt 4 – 4 – 0 5 – 5 – 0
Auburn 2 – 4 – 2 2 – 4 – 3
Ole Miss 2 – 4 – 0 4 – 5 – 1
Florida 1 – 4 – 1 4 – 5 – 1
Georgia 1 – 4 – 1 4 – 6 – 1
Mississippi State 0 – 6 – 0 0 – 8 – 1
$ – Conference champion
Rankings from AP Poll

#48CHASE ALFORD
CLASS:SeniorHOMETOWN:Conyers, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:Heritage
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-1 / 222POSITION:LBBIRTHDATE:12/30/1994
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
48-Number of participants under Alan Drosky, Women's Track & Field.

#47SHEA UNDERWOOD
CLASS:FreshmanHOMETOWN:Young Harris, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:Towns County
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-10 / 157POSITION:K

47-
Number of Student Managers for 17 sports @GT.
Number of Athletes coached by Grover Hinsdale in Track & Cross Country.

#46XAVIER GANTT
CLASS:FreshmanHOMETOWN:Buford, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:Buford
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-8 / 164
AB
----------------------------------------
46-Reggie Ball connected on a Hamilton–Campbellesque 46 yard play action touchdown to James Johnson. Six field goals were kicked in the game by both squads, three by Travis Bell. Calvin Johnson had a 1 yard touchdown reception and 67 yards receiving. Tech defeats Miaml in 2006, in front of 55,320 and an ABC audience @BDS/Grant Field.

#45MEIKO DOTSON
CLASS:RS FreshmanHOMETOWN:Daytona Beach, Fla.HIGH SCHOOL:Mainland
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-10 / 180POSITION:DB

#44SHAUN KAGAWA
CLASS:JuniorHOMETOWN:Hilo, Hawai'iHIGH SCHOOL:Kamehameha
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-11 / 193POSITION:DB

I wonder if Kagawa will get significant playing time this year? I think he was a last minute signee but there has been too much talent in front of him it seems.

#43TYLER COOKSEY
CLASS:RS FreshmanHOMETOWN:Suwanee, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:Greater Atlanta Christian School
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-2 / 224
WOLB
--------------------------------------------
43-
1943 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football
SEC champion
Conference Southeastern Conference
1943 record 8–3 (3–0 SEC)
Head coach William Alexander (24th year)
Home stadium Grant Field
Seasons
« 1942 1944 »
1943 SEC football standings
v t e Conf Overall
Team W L T W L T
#13 Georgia Tech $ 3 – 0 – 0 8 – 3 – 0
LSU 2 – 2 – 0 6 – 3 – 0
Tulane 1 – 1 – 0 3 – 3 – 0
Georgia 0 – 3 – 0 6 – 4 – 0
Vanderbilt 0 – 0 – 0 5 – 0 – 0
$ – Conference champion
Seven other SEC schools did not field a team due to World War II.[1]
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1943 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football team represented the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets of the Georgia Institute of Technology during the 1943 college football season.[2]

#42KESHUN FREEMAN
CLASS:JuniorHOMETOWN:LaGrange, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:Callaway
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-2 / 250POSITION:DE
---------------------------------------------------------
42-
Georgia Tech's Green Cleaning program is independently certified under Green Seal Standard GS-42.

#41ROD ROOK-CHUNGONGRod Rook-Chungong
CLASS:RS SeniorHOMETOWN:Silver Spring, Md.
DE-DT
---------------------------------------------------------------
41-
GT defeated UVA twice by 41-38 scores. 1990 when they were #1. 1998 when the Hoos were #7 and Tech was #25.

Side note, I really like these daily plays on numbers you are providing, mate. Thanks for the extra added touch.

Well done.

tumblr_mqcwoy4YRd1qe8a0fo1_500.gif

My pleasure. Trying to make these "dog days" more interesting. Funny how we ease into the other seasons almost seemingly because football and the other sports glide into each other. Awaiting this oblong ball season is even longer, thanks to last year with the injuries/youth.

Still trying to find out about Ben Jean on the first page of this thread. The only number not given out, and by all accounts he seemed like a lock for being a PWO enrollee.

I feel really good about Mitchell and P.J. at 2 of our 3 LB spots. We have some good depth across the linebacking corps. When you have a potential stud like Alexander as a backup that says a lot about the guys you have in that unit. Hoping a guy like Curry can and will step up at the rover backer position and make some plays. P.J. is now the "old man" of the group and needs to be a leader of the defense along with Gamble & Rook-Chungong.

It is very likely we return 8 starters on D in '17 with 18 or 19 of the 22 two-deep as well.

I feel really good about Mitchell and P.J. at 2 of our 3 LB spots. We have some good depth across the linebacking corps. When you have a potential stud like Alexander as a backup that says a lot about the guys you have in that unit. Hoping a guy like Curry can and will step up at the rover backer position and make some plays. P.J. is now the "old man" of the group and needs to be a leader of the defense along with Gamble & Rook-Chungong.

It is very likely we return 8 starters on D in '17 with 18 or 19 of the 22 two-deep as well.
You're right about '17. We have a ton of players returning. On both sides, minus QB. It's going to be interesting to see who can step into that spot. That first game against UT is going to be interesting. Whoever it is, hopefully it'll be a smooth transition. Like JT's first year as starter. He's going to get thrown into the fire real quick. I just hope we won't get burnt.

Regarding that UT opener in '17, the Vols will be replacing their starting QB, Josh Dobbs, who with a successful season this fall as many are projecting for the Big Orange could be a Heisman candidate come late October. As normal, UT will find out what they are about by that time (late October) as their schedule is front-loaded as always. They have a bunch of guys this year who are juniors and will potentially be entering the NFL Draft a year early - for Tech's sake in that '17 game, we hope so.

Unlikely to happen, but if no guys enter the NFL Draft early, UT could start as many as 13 returning starting seniors in that opener against us in '17 including stud RB Jalen Hurd (who I think along with as many as 5 other juniors may bolt to the NFL after this season). Regardless, the Vols have recruited well and they'll be very strong. We will return a lot as well less JT5 as you point out on both sides of the LOS. Can't wait.

PJ is a solid LB. He was a player that the recruiting services rated very low simply due to his height. He's listed a generous 5-11, in new cleats. He is certainly a great college player. Hope he gets All ACC honors again this year.

#39JORDAN WOODS
CLASS:FreshmanHOMETOWN:Citra, Fla.HIGH SCHOOL:North Marion
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-4 / 262POSITION:DL
#39RYAN BRASWELL
CLASS:RS JuniorHOMETOWN:Atlanta, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:St. Pius X Catholic
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-11 / 210POSITION:BBBIRTHDATE:12/03/1994
----------------------------------------------------------
39-
to 176(Ga. Tech's favor in scoring margin).
Bobby Dodd who had a 12–10 record against the Bulldogs. During his reign, the Yellow Jackets won 8 in a row against UGA from 1949–1956. This is the longest winning streak by either team in the rivalry's history. During these 8 years, Tech dominated UGA, and outscored the Bulldogs 176–39.

39 days sounds so much better than 40. It's like how my small amount of intelligence is constantly offended by the marketing weezils who sell things for $7.99 instead of $8. Of course, this is probably bordering on math and we said there'd be no math on this board.

(just 5 more days to this pathetic month...please Dear Buddha, get me through the remainder of this week and to the finish line)

July is an awesome month, don't wish away your life. Now is the time to go back and watch all the great games from the past.

Go watch the GT Orange Bowl, it'll take your mind off things.

I'm not wishing away my life. I'm just wishing away July. I've watched enough great games of the past. More than ready to watch some great games in the current and coming up in the future. I'd rather get my mind on things rather than off things. Hence, why July sucks so badly. To each his own, but thanks for the attempt to make this last week until preseason drills get going a bit better.

#38AJANI KERR
CLASS:FreshmanHOMETOWN:powder Springs, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:McEachern
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-0 / 181POSITION:DB
38-
Josh Pastner's age when taking on the challenge of Tech Basketball in the ACC.

#36 OMAHRI JARRETT
CLASS:RS FreshmanHOMETOWN:Douglasville, Ga.HIGH SCHOOL:New Manchester
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-10 / 174
-------------------------------------------------
36-
An undergraduate student who is within 36 hours (residency rule) of graduation from Georgia Tech cannot take courses elsewhere and apply the credit toward his/her degree without prior approval. To obtain permission, the student must successfully petition the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. Courses taken via cross-registration are considered resident credit and may be taken during the last 36 hours without Undergraduate Curriculum Committee approval.

5 weeks from right now we hopefully are in the 4Q and finishing off BC.

Tick...tick...tick...

(I assume the team begins practices late next week)

#34MARCUS MARSHALL
CLASS:SophomoreHOMETOWN:Raleigh, N.C.HIGH SCHOOL:Millbrook
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-10 / 212POSITION:BB

The 2009 Yellow Jackets football team represented the Coastal Division... Georgia Tech defeated Clemson 39-34 to win the ACC conference championship game. Georgia Tech was forced to vacate this game ...

Unlimited potential and I'm as excited about what he (#34 MM) can accomplish at Tech as any RB since Dwyer signed. Could be one that we look back at one day as one of the greatest RB's in Tech history. Just stay healthy.

edit note: looking forward to MM's brother playing for *MY* Redskins as a rookie this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT