ADVERTISEMENT

0 Days until G.T. Football cranks up.....

386 pounds. That's not good.

(but, I'll let one of you guys tell him that)

;)
That should be a mission for Stech81, after going beyond his 24 double, double singles limit. Hopefully he will still be able to run faster than a 386 pound man with doughnuts in both hands.

#70 Will Bryan

Class:
Sophomore
Hometown:
Lavonia, Ga.
High School:
Franklin County
Height / Weight:
6-4 / 281
Position:
OL

Dad, please don't be a stranger on here. Fill us in when you can.

#67 Jake Stickler
Hometown:
Bradenton, Fla.
High School:
Manatee
Height / Weight:
6-5 / 291
Position:
OL
Birthdate:
02/28/1996

#66 Mitchell Williams

Class:
RS Junior
Hometown:
Alpharetta, Ga.
High School:
Milton
Height / Weight:
6-2 / 220
DL

Forgot to add:
#66 Cheyenne Hunt
Springfield, Ga.(Effingham Co.)
Walk-on OL, 6'0" 250
So.-RS

Last edited:
What date do the players report for preseason practice?

First day of fall practice a year ago was on August 1. But, we played a Thursday game of Labor Day weekend to open last season.

This leads me to guess the first date of practice this year will be August 3, Wednesday, and players report on August 2, Tuesday.

RED WINE

I thought summer semester was under way? Seems like most incoming get a jump academically because several already moved in this month, on campus.

You're probably right about any left for Fall Semester, coming in early August for dorm and practice. Seems like half the recruiting class or greater, attend spring or summer now. I'm counting PWO's too.

Sorry. I wasn't clear. Not talking about summer semester and you are accurate that near all are already there. I'm talking about when they assemble - normally at a hotel - and pick up all their stuff the day before practice begins.

I have to admit... I'm struggling a bit with apathy about GA Tech sports right now. Hope this will go away as the season approaches. Probably due to having not bought season seats in a few years. Just sense a distance that's developed. Sad. Maybe the years are just catching up to me.

JT622-I believe you are correct per the NCAA mandate of one month before the first game. It must be August 3rd or 4th. Couldn't find confirmation, yet.

Ben Jean is the only PWO left for an assigned jersey. Chet Lagod received #63 yesterday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#64 Jake Whitley
Class:
RS Sophomore
Hometown:
North Augusta, S.C.
High School:
North Augusta
Height / Weight:
6-4 / 280
Position:
OL
Birthdate:
07/06/1996

Update: Medical hardship. Will not play for team, at all.

Last edited:
#62 Bailey Ivemeyer

Class:
RS Freshman
Hometown:
Snellville, Ga.
High School:
Brookwood
Height / Weight:
6-1 / 270
Position:
OL

Son of former G T lineman, John.

#59 Trey Smith

Class:
RS Sophomore
Hometown:
Marietta, Ga.
High School:
Hillgrove
Height / Weight:
6-4 / 270
Position:
OL

Last edited:
My apologies for having my mind on Venice, Italy-the city with no roads. Not that I'm going there anytime soon, in person.

#58 Freddie Burden

Class:
RS Senior
Hometown:
Statesboro, Ga.
High School:
Statesboro
Height / Weight:
6-4 / 299
Position:
OL

Best wishes to Freddie. Have a great Senior year. I know he has struggled last year with family. Hope he's healed and grown as a man.

#57 Austin Cain

Class:
RS Freshman
Hometown:
Albany, Ga.
High School:
Deerfield-Windsor
Height / Weight:
6-0 / 224
Position:
LB

#57 - Niko Anderson

R-Junior Offensive Lineman. Niko hails from Macon, GA, where he played for Mount De Sales Academy. He joined the team as a walk-on in 2013, and witnessed some playing time last season. NIko will probably provide depth and work with the scout team during the 2016 campaign.

#56 Trevor Stroebel
Class:
Senior
Hometown:
Saukville, Wis.
High School:
Cedarburg
Height / Weight:
6-4 / 233
Position:
LS

#56 Lucas Patelles
Class:
Freshman
Hometown:
Fayetteville, Ga.
High School:
Starrs Mill
Height / Weight:
5-8 / 211
Position:
LS

Hearing that Mike Pelton, our need for size up front in depth, will win out for Adams in 2016.
In the least, he starts out with the DT's.

Thanks, mate. In that case, I will keep Adams as a 12 1/2 star recruit. Was concerned I may have to lower him down to around 8 1/2 stars.

I've got Cerge-Henderson listed as a starter beside Gamble as the 2 DT's with Kallon and either Glanton or Branch backing them up. We don't have a ton of depth at the DT spots. Hopefully, these guys can stay healthy and play well. I thought KC-H showed good progress last season, especially towards the end of the season. It has been said the greatest bump of improvement comes between the 1st and 2nd years for a collegiate S-A. That bodes well if true for KC-H.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT