ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

Yes, he posts his list frequently over on G T Swarm, was formerly a Hiver on Scout. It is totally free.

Incidentally, MJ Walker was offered by Tech football, before he gave it up to concentrate on hoops about a year ago.

Guards:
Collin Sexton
Danny Lewis
Darius Perry
Elias Harden
Jay Jay Chandler

Wings/Stretch 4s:
MJ Walker
Chuma Okeke
Parker Stewart(??)His list from Sunday, Parker didn't have us in his final three.
Alex O'Connell
Andre Rafus
Rayshaun Hammonds
Jordan Usher
Herb Jones

Bigs:
Wendell Carter
Ikey Obiagu
Lance Thomas
Victor Enoh
Michael Durr
Chris Agbo

List as of today... Parker Stewart hasn't declared a final 3, just who is recruiting him the hardest. We're not among those schools, as you note previously in the thread, but too soon to take him off.

I'm still on Scout, just don't post too much on the main board. I look in here every now & then.

FWIW, as I've mentioned on GT Swarm, I'm of the opinion, regardless of how many 2017 spots we have to fill (between 4-7, if you can believe that), we probably top out at 2-3 in the early period, due to many of our targets planning a Spring decision.

Any names below in bold have confirmed offers from the new staff, except Ikey, which is an assumption on my part. I believe Chuma does too, but don't have public, non-paywall confirmation.

Danny Lewis was removed following his commitment to UCF and I think we won't get too serious with Herb Jones because he's expected to commit to Bama now that he has a formal offer.

Here, as there, a lot of this is a function of public info from tweets, articles, etc, combined with some opinion & speculation from my end.

PGs/CGs
  • Collin Sexton
  • Elias Harden
  • Brad Davison
  • Darius Perry
  • Jay Jay Chandler
Wings/Stretch 4s
  • MJ Walker
  • Chuma Okeke
  • Parker Stewart
  • Alex O'Connell
  • Andre Rafus
  • Rayshaun Hammonds
  • Terrence Lewis
  • Greg Floyd
  • Antwan Walker
  • Jordan Nwora
  • Kris Wilkes
  • Jordan Usher
  • Herb Jones
Bigs
  • Wendell Carter
  • Ikey Obiagu
  • Lance Thomas
  • Victor Enoh
  • Michael Durr
  • Chris Agbo

Thanks, DTM....for all of your insight and sharing with us. To me, you follow basketball as well as anyone on the MBB side.

We are a smaller group over here, but we try not to eat our own. I believe two are traveling internationally, one getting ready for surgery. Please post when you can, always appreciated!

Thanks, DTM....for all of your insight and sharing with us. To me, you follow basketball as well as anyone on the MBB side.

We are a smaller group over here, but we try not to eat our own. I believe two are traveling internationally, one getting ready for surgery. Please post when you can, always appreciated!

Slowly recovering here, mate. A long medical odyssey started last Tuesday around lunch with passing a gall stone and an agonizing 12-hour stretch to bad blood work results for liver and gall bladder, high fever the rest of the week, diagnoses from doctors that included kidney stones (wrong), potential blood clot (negative) in lung to hepatitis (negative) to eventually a "very angry gall bladder" that got me in the ER Friday and had the damn thing removed overnight early Saturday morning.

Listened to Gonzo and Kel hit those dingers in sheer agony and with a 102 degree temperature. Highlight of the day. But, while still weak, getting better every hour. Hoping to be back with you mates in time for some ACCT discussion this week.

Go Jackets!

As DTM stated, we're going to get a few of these in November(offering future years in good shape by numbers, based on this date and where the previous staff was):

EJIKE OBINNA’S STATEMENT

EJIKE OBINNA
FAIRFAX, VA
Class
Position
C
Height
6' 9"
National
State
Heading into the event, things looked enticing as DC Premier and the Uncommon Bulls were already set to face each other in the second round of bracket play. That meant an unbelievable, dynamic duel between two of the best big men on the east coast in Nate Watson, one of the biggest stock boosting bigs this past spring, and Ejike Obinna. The latter won out and despite the loss, the Virginia Academy center made a giant statement that impressed everyone in attendance.

A 6-foot-9, mobile and active big man with a major mean streak on the hardwood, Obinna was sensational from tip to finish. He ran the floor with a purpose, gobbled up rebound after rebound, finished at the basket, but most of all, did a commendable job of protecting his basket and giving up little to no room within the interior to Watson and his Premier teammates.

Obinna set the tone early on by blocking shot after shot and by the time the second half rolled around, his opponents knew that if they were to attack the rim, that more than not, their shots were going to be changed to a certain degree. The Uncommon Bulls 5-man has also made strides on the offensive end as he hit a turn, rip, jab, and step-back jumper from the high post, made good seals and scores in traffic, and showed off quality vision and passing skills out of high-low sets.

While the majority of the ACC has already jumped on board with Obinna, expect for the rising senior’s recruitment to hit the next level as a priority, wanted, and most of all, needed recruit within the 2017 class this summER.

Deng Gak, 6'11", 209 lbs.
Blairstown, N.J.(Blair Academy)

If you find David Mamet, please tell him Silent Bob says hello and Joe Mantegna is still working in television.

Love this kid and his potential:

If you know his father or meet him, the salt from the earth will rise up around a firm handshake.

On another site, decided to do a listing of ranking & star rating. Offers in bold.

The figures next to the name indicate star rating first, then ranking. The order by service is as follows:

247 Composite/247/Rivals/Scout/ESPN

PGs/CGs
  • Collin Sexton - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 65/40/59/46/NA
  • Elias Harden - 4*/3*/4*/4*/NA : 113/153/NA/NA/NA
  • Brad Davison - NA/4*/3*/NA/NA : NA/89/NA/NA/NA
  • Darius Perry - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 59/77/94/88/47
  • Jay Jay Chandler - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 62/48/57/37/NA
Wings/Stretch 4s
  • MJ Walker - 5*/4*/5*/5*/5* : 22/38/22/24/8
  • Chuma Okeke - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 53/53/62/72/48
  • Parker Stewart - 3*/4*/3*/NA/4* : 137/96/NA/NA/NA
  • Alex O'Connell - 4*/NA/3*/3*/NA : 97/NA/131/NA/NA
  • Andre Rafus - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 72/81/68/71/NA
  • Rayshaun Hammonds - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 66/66/69/42/60
  • Terrence Lewis - 4*/4*/3*/4*/4* : 100/117/112/NA/NA
  • Greg Floyd - 3*/4*/3*/3*/2* :188/119/111/NA/NA
  • Antwan Walker - NA/NA/NA/NA/NA : NA/NA/NA/NA/NA
  • Jordan Nwora - NA/NA/4*/3*/NA : NA/NA/99/NA/NA
  • Kris Wilkes - 5*/5*/5*/5*/4* : 15/17/12/13/27
  • Chaundee Brown - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 84/73/76/64/NA
  • Jordan Usher - NA/NA/3*/3*/NA : NA/NA/NA/NA/NA
  • Herb Jones - NA/4*/4*/3*/4* : NA/43/87/NA/NA
  • Khalil Garland - 3*/3*/3*/NA/4* : 150/128/NA/NA/NA
Bigs
  • Wendell Carter - 5*/5*/5*/5*/5* : 4/6/4/3/2
  • Ikey Obiagu - 5*/4*/5*/5*/5* : 16/29/20/8/13
  • Deng Gak - 4*/4*/4*/4*/4* : 34/36/31/31/54
  • Lance Thomas - 3*/4*/3*/3*/NA : 136/78/134/NA/NA
  • Victor Enoh - 3*/NA/3*/3*/4* : 223/NA/NA/NA/NA
  • Michael Durr - 4*/3*/3*/3*/4* : 120/169/NA/NA/NA
  • Chris Agbo - NA/NA/NA/NA/NA : NA/NA/NA/NA/NA

I get dizzy thinking about how he puts all of that data together. Then again, I get dizzy getting out of bed in the morning.

Really appreciate you, DTM!

Time to offer Lance Thomas(we offered Ray. Hammonds, they want to go together), he can protect the rim, good handle, will find the hoop:

MJ Walker 25 points 10/20 fg 4 steals vs South Jersey Jazz.

In the three games this weekend, he averaged 24.67 ppg. The final game he had 32 and 5 boards.

Averaging 19 ppg 4rpg 3apg 47% from the field and 41% from 3 in 9 games for the Atlanta Xpress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT