ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

Wendell Carter, updated:

What'd you think of the coaching change at Georgia Tech? Have you talked to Coach Pastner?

WC: Yea I talked to him. He's a pretty good coach. They're definitely back on my radar now.

Other notes:
Sounds like he's down to Kentucky, Duke, Harvard, GT, uga. Asked if other schools can enter race and he pretty much straight up says no
Going to take first official visit to Harvard and wants to go to Big Blue Madness
No timeline for his decision

Thanks to DTM1997 who occasionally posts with us, for this data(he believes Jordan Usher will get a Tech offer since he is highly tuned in with grades and athletic ability on the AAU circuit):

PGs/CGs-
Collin Sexton
Danny Lewis
Darius Perry
Elias Harden
Jay Jay Chandler

Wings/Stretch 4s-
MJ Walker
Chuma Okeke
Parker Stewart
Alex O'Connell
Andre Rafus
Rayshaun Hammonds
Jordan Usher
http://verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-usher

Bigs-
Wendell Carter
Ikey Obiagu
Lance Thomas
Victor Enoh
Michael Durr

Last edited:
Jamir Moultrie finished the adidas Gauntlet ATL stop on a strong note, leaving college coaches with a great impression going into the quiet recruiting period. The 6-foot-1 floor general from Baltimore Elite said he has offers from Virginia Tech, Butler, West Virginia, Memphis, Southern Cal and Kansas State while Central Florida, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and Moultrie said LaSalle and Monmouth came in to see him at Bishop McNamara school during the live period.

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Immediate playing time should be another selling point to the ACC, great education, etc.

MJ Walker, Atlanta Xpress: The Jonesboro standout scoring guard has had a monster spring. He comes into Gibbons as possibly the top player in the entire field, ranked number 24 on the HoopSeen class of 2017 rankings. Walker has been a scoring machine on the Under Armour circuit, doing so very efficiently and shooting the ball very well from three. He will be looking to cement his status as one of 2017’s best scorers and best players in general.
Damion Rosser, Atlanta All Stars: Rosser has been impressive at HoopSeen events so far this spring. He has taken on more of a playmaking role with the Atlanta All Stars and has looked good doing so. The Henry County prospect has loads of potential and the Bob Gibbons TOC could be a perfect stage for him to prove that he belongs among Georgia’s top players in 2017.

MJ Walker and MGH are buddies. Friends from Southside, Atl.
When I noticed that the typical colleges were not where this 5-star player(and his mom) desired, I wondered why the old staff didn't jump on him as well as Carter?
Wonderful to see how much this staff has been active with Walker and Sexton. Carter may end up at Duke or even Harvard, but not for our lack of trying. Great to see!

.....this excerpt from Justin Young:
Georgia Tech should recruit nationally because of the school’s rich academic value. The new staff should allow that to happen. That said, I still maintain the most important player for the Jackets to recruit is M.J. Walker. The drive from McCamish Pavillion to Jonesboro High School is 21.1 miles.

Thanks to DTM1997 who occasionally posts with us, for this data(he believes Jordan Usher will get a Tech offer since he is highly tuned in with grades and athletic ability on the AAU circuit):

PGs/CGs-
Collin Sexton
Danny Lewis
Darius Perry
Elias Harden
Jay Jay Chandler

Wings/Stretch 4s-
MJ Walker
Chuma Okeke
Parker Stewart
Alex O'Connell
Andre Rafus
Rayshaun Hammonds
Jordan Usher
http://verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-usher

Bigs-
Wendell Carter
Ikey Obiagu
Lance Thomas
Victor Enoh
Michael Durr
Has this list changed much in the last month?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT