ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

GT got its 1st crystal ball pick for Jordan Tucker today. I think the likely tell is if Andrew Slater makes a pick for us. Very tied in to the NYC hoops scene.

Also, shout out to whatever uninformed person at USA Today wrote that article. Much better sources have had us in the mix for both of the local kids listed in that article for varying lengths of time. USA Today - no mention of us.

Fake news! Sad!

Since they are visiting, of course we are alive. I only posted the stories above to detail the competition, which very much comes into play with schools who have pursued these athletes before last April.

The omission of Ga. Tech is probably not deliberate in an attempt to steer recruits by USA Today. We have not had an official visit from Walker or Tucker, yet. They both are local(since Jordan relocated here for his Sr. Yr.).

Keep playing great, team basketball and the recruiting will shine. Hopefully we do a good job filling any Grad. Trfs. since CJP doesn't care as much for those. Barry, Neal would have been an upgrade over Price & McCormick(not to criticize them, this is the best conference we are playing in-not mid-majors).

BFL, were the students chanting Jor-dan Tuck-er last night, or was I hearing things on television broadcast?

BFL, were the students chanting Jor-dan Tuck-er last night, or was I hearing things on television broadcast?
Yes sir, they were chanting his name.
The last time I heard it from them was Derrick Favors attending a pre-season picture-day followed by a scrimmage. Non-students like me were chanting, also.

It is certainly needed to build excitement in the program and help influence recruits.

Many moons ago, I asked Bucky Johnson if the band would salute Big Al. It caught fire for years. I had lunch, many conversations, even went to Mr. C's home when invited. I never told him how it originated. The important issue was that he felt loved for his tireless service to Tech. Fans helped make it a tradition. We all waived at him, and he always waived back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Texwood
Whoever signs, I expect this coaching staff will make them better than their ranking shows. It already looks like the player development is worlds ahead. I expect that to get better as the players get more and more instruction.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Pastner and Tech also have a chance at making a strong finish in 2017 recruiting. Already on board are Rivals150 point guard Jose Alvarado and solid three-star forward Curtis Haywood. However, the Jackets are right in the mix with five-star shooting guard M.J. Walker and four-star small forward Jordan Tucker.

In addition to Georgia Tech, Walker has been most closely linked to Florida State and the McDonald’s All-American has visited the Seminoles officially. But, Walker has also been on campus in Atlanta for multiple unofficial visits and behind the scenes there is a lot of talk that distance could play a big factor.

As for Tucker, the smooth shooter took official visits to Indiana and Villanova in the fall before adding Georgia Tech and Oregon to his list. Things at Indiana are up in the air and because of Tucker’s move to the Atlanta area as a senior, he’s been able to see the Georgia Tech campus. Because of that, Pastner and has staff have made up some ground.

Other programs may land bigger names, but places like Duke and Kentucky are already in great shape and the impact that Walker or Tucker could have on the rebuild at Georgia Tech is significant. I wouldn’t rule out Pastner getting both of these guys, but I’d also be surprised if he doesn’t get at least one. (link)

ADVERTISEMENT