ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

Mark Smith, a few frames up, and a few frames prior to that post....

Credit to AtLiensSports:
Do you currently hold an offer from GT?

MS- "No, I don't have an offer from Georgia tech"

What has Coach Pastner been telling you about receiving one?

MS- "Coach Pastner says they wanna get me down to campus"

What is your current height and weight?

MS-" I'm 6'5" 225lbs"

Have you ever visited Atlanta or Georgia Tech? If not, when do you plan to?

MS-"yes I have been to Atlanta Georgia at lake point"

Do you have a top list of schools yet?

MS-"I don't have a top list of schools yet"

Who would you compare your game to?

MS-" Lebron James"

We're supposedly having MJ Walker & Jordan Tucker in attendance tonight for FSU.

Great games this past week between Wheeler & Pebblebrook(without Sexton).....

Drinnon is 2018(Pebblebrook)

Last edited:
4. Teyvion Kirk, 6-3, PG, Joliet West

Where he ranks in Class of 2017: No. 15

The buzz: Kirk was released in late December from Drake after signing with the Bulldogs in November.

College coaches are intrigued with the big strides Kirk has made over the past 12 months and like the length and defensive potential this point guard possesses. Plus, he brings outstanding academics and high character to the table.

Where he can play: While there are some questions concerning his perimeter shooting that has put a bit of a cap on his level of recruitment, the chance for a mid-major program to land a player like Kirk and his intangibles this late in the recruiting game would be a boon.

The recruitment: There are a handful of offers and a whole lot of interest. Kirk says Miami-Ohio, Bethune-Cookman, UW-Milwaukee, Southern Illinois and Kent State have all offered with a slew of others inquiring. That list includes Brown, Middle Tennessee State, Boston College, Loyola, St. Bonaventure, Cal-Poly, Missouri State, Boise State, UNLV and Georgia Tech.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/teyvion-kirk

Last edited:
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...2337-marek-dolezaj-pursues-college-basketball

Marek Dolezaj, a 6-foot-9 versatile forward from Slovakia, is starting to attract college attention. Who is interested?

This year Lauri Markkanen and Omer Yurtseven are two of the international prospects that made their way to the United States to star for college basketball teams.
Next year there will be plenty more, especially considering the recent trend of international prospects making their way to college. According to Rukkus Blog, the total of foreign-born college basketball players is up 40-percent in the last 10 years.
One player looking to make the move next year is 6-foot-9 forward Marek Dolezaj, of Slovakia.
“I want to be better and I want to be in the NBA," Dolezaj told Scout when asked why he wanted to make his way to the United States.
“I can study there and I can play high level of basketball and may be easier to get into the NBA,” he added.
A gifted, versatile prospect, Dolezaj is fluid for a guy standing 6-foot-9. He plays on the perimeter and impresses with his skill and ability to make shots.
“I'm told I can play the position two or three.” Dolezaj said. I can shoot and I can play as a tall or small player.”
Dolezaj played for Slovokia in the 2016 FIBA u18 European Championships. Through eight games, Dolezaj averaged 13.4 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.5 assists a game.
Dolezaj, who plays for Karlovka, is starting to receive interest from college programs. Vanderbilt has been active in his recruitment and has been over to Slovokia to see him.
Florida, Syracuse and Georgia Tech are also showing interest in Dolezaj.

Last edited:
Jordan Tucker-

RIVALS REACTION
At this point, it still feels like Indiana and Villanova are the two leaders of the pack. They each had him on campus already for official visits and he’s very comfortable with what they have to offer. With his move to the Atlanta area to play his senior season at Wheeler High School, Georgia Tech has used that as a way to wiggle their way into the mix, along with having Alvarado in his ear. If any school can pry him away from Indiana and Villanova, Georgia Tech appears to be in the best position to do so.

Georgia Tech: “They’re coming hard. Jose [Alvarado], I played with him last summer and he calls me every day. He really wants me to go there with him. We really like each other and we play well together.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Texwood
Listened to CJP on 92.9 FM radio last night at 6:30 p.m.

He loves how we move the ball...#1 in the ACC for assists, also FG% defense(which doesn't require skill, just hustle, determination). Ranking around 10th in the nation in those categories. When we score at least 70 points, we are undefeated.

Didn't have a solid game visual to show 2017 recruits, before the early period decisions were made. Got in late and had many "strikeouts" by going/swinging for the fences. Now the April/May signing kids are interested because of the system on display is working with ball movement to play in. 2018, 19 and future years are picking up steam with local and national exposure gaining excitement. The program was viewed or perceived as dead for top shelf talent, now it's still a major rebuild that might win 20 with a conference tourney win or two and CJP thinks we get an NCAA bid if the season ended today.

The quality wins surpass the #77 RPI.

He loves Atlanta(his family does as well), to this point.

We previewed a few on here that CER, CDL went to see & actually started looking at them a couple of months ago when striking out on H.S. players in the Nov. period. Red is not stating anything we don't know because unless the staff can find one here under a rock via late development-we have no choice.

1)Walker or Tucker or ?, from the U.S.
2)A big from anywhere in the world.
3)Grad. Trf. stretch 4. Although CJP doesn't prefer this method.
4)Grad. Trf. long armed 2,3 or 4. A gift would result in a Center, but everyone would desire one & knock doors down for such.

Watching Canyon Barry get 30 yesterday, made me moan with jealousy. The Gators will get another year from him. A guy we followed on here immensely last spring!

Can't narrow down Tucker.....some time between middle of April until end of May. On ESPN?

http://hoopsshowdown.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like some huge recruits will be at the sold out Syracuse game on Sunday. 2018 class representatives, as well!
Wonderful exposure on the Sunday Night ESPNU 6:30 A.C.C. game-of-the-week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT