ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

Yeah, they announced it on ESPN U tonight. They only have two 7 footers currently on the roster and a bunch of taller forwards. Presently dominating Minnesota with their height, & Dwayne Bacon, et al.

GT might have to go more national & international to fill this class. Still might have a chance with MJ Walker, a few others or if a sleeper comes up late. He's talking about taking regular transfers too. Maybe he gets a guy or two before second semester starts in January, and has them eligible for next December?

As far as the frontcourt is concerned, I'm thinking grad transfers become a priority for this signing class. CJP has enough runway to get airborne for the 2018 and 2019 classes, so let's keep our fingers crossed and see how that turns out. Ikey would have been a huge get, but the situation is what it is.

I was hoping for Grad. Trfs. too.
Keep hearing regular transfers, but we heard the same before we took Price and McCormick. So maybe you are right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Landers Nolley has been offered by UGA, scheduled to attend the Ga.-GT game on Dec. 20th here in Atlanta.

We have 7 scholarship players coming back(excludes Harris, Medlock, as walk-on athletes). Allowed 13. Alvarado has signed, leaving 5 more open. CJP would rather take a regular transfer as opposed to a Graduate Transfer, so if any come about...you know which way he may go. I just like others, think the one year Grad. is the way to go because it leaves two more open for 2018 if he signs 3 more Freshmen.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/geot-m-baskbl-mtt.html

My guess is a shooter, a wing, and a post. The 12th and 13th, could be any filled of need(a guard or SF, and a BF/C type?).

We have 7 scholarship players coming back(excludes Harris, Medlock, as walk-on athletes). Allowed 13. Alvarado has signed, leaving 5 more open. CJP would rather take a regular transfer as opposed to a Graduate Transfer, so if any come about...you know which way he may go. I just like others, think the one year Grad. is the way to go because it leaves two more open for 2018 if he signs 3 more Freshmen.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/geot-m-baskbl-mtt.html

My guess is a shooter, a wing, and a post. The 12th and 13th, could be any filled of need(a guard or SF, and a BF/C type?).
It will take a special academic case to get a regular transfer into GT. Most other college programs simply do not require the courses that are on the GT degree plans. So any transfer coming in might not get the credits needed to be eligible.

It is a big recruiting year. lots of positions open with lots of playing time available for new players.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Nice to know that Jon Babul's brother, Mike, is in coaching at Wagner College.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT