ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2017, (24).

Tyrone Truesdell(per Atliensports), DT-

A lot of Georgia Tech fans have been very intrigued with you , since Tre Swilling mentioned you. So where does GT stand with you at the moment?

TT- "I am in very good terms with them and the fact that they are interested makes even better!!!"

GT has a need for another beast on the d- line, after watching your film, I think you would be a perfect fit, do you think you could see yourself in their defense?

TT- "Yes Sir I am a pretty dominant player. "

do you have any unofficial or official visits to tech set up or trying to set up?

TT- "I am trying to set up one asap!!!!!"

Reactions: Texwood
Kentravious Williams, per ATLiensSports:

Do you currently hold a Georgia tech offer? If not, what are the coaches telling you about receiving one?

KW- "I do not hold an offer to Georgia Tech and to be ho honest with you I haven't heard from a tech Coach since my last visit."

What coach from Georgia Tech is your lead recruiter?

KW- "Coach Andy McCollum is the one I have heard from the most"

Since you recently visited tech, what was your favorite part?

KW- "My favorite part of the visit was actually watching the game and feeling the College atmosphere"

Where do the GT coaches want to play you?

KW- "Tech has been recruiting me at QB"

What have the coaches told you that you need to work on?

KW- "The coaches have told me that it would be good if I gained more weight to add to my frame"

What player would you compare your game to?

KW- ""If I had to pick I would say I play somewhat like Lamar Jackson"

What is your current Height and Weight?

KW- "I am 6'2 and weigh 180"

Where does GT currently stand for you at the moment? And do you have a top list of school?

KW- "If I do receive an offer from Tech they one definitely be one of my top schools"

If you look in the PWO thread, you'll see I had a Twitter copy of the Marist QB and OLT emphasized. Then later, CLO was allowed to offer the OLT and yesterday he accepted, flipped Tulane and set a visit to G.T. all in one afternoon. It changes so fast this time of the year, when we got back from eating/watching the big game...a message on my room voice mail and the internet was flooded with the news here in the dead period.

It's crazy, hard to keep up with it all-yet fun and informative with the recruiting news part of it. Not sure what I'll do on Thursday when sequestered in a Mock Jury all day, while keeping up with Jr. and his needs too?

Good gracious Buzzforlife, this place is a veritable cornucopia of recruiting intel because of you. Thank you brother!!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Thank you for the kind words, both of you great Americans and G.T. success stories!

We have been blessed with a moderator on another site, a few friends in Midtown and a Model T amount of Twitter accounts filled up over the convertible top to search out.

Watching our President give his last speech at this minute has allowed me to reflect on our democracy for the last 8 years of his two terms. Even if you don't care for him politically, we've had no scandals and a class act family.

We are on a LBer hunting cornucopia(thanks to Texwood for expanding my vocabulary with that word)...

D'MARCO GASKIN WESTMORELAND #19 Senior OLB
Boynton Beach High School
Boynton Beach, FL

Gonna have a need for DT's on Feb. 1st....

Isaiah Williams; Brooklyn, N.Y.

I am a student athlete BIG 44 BROOKLYN ALLSTAR✨ ALL-CITY ALL-CONFERENCE GPA:3.67/84 SAT:1100 NCAA Qualified

From the Swarm, "Yomanser" Moderator....

A good number of questions and answers with Zach Quinney(not verbatim):

Yomanser: Who was your lead recruiter at Tech? Have you developed any relationships in the staff besides your primary recruiter?
Zach Quinney: My lead recruiter was Lamar Owens. I got to know him after he came down to Savannah Christian one game to watch Demetris Robertson during my freshman year, and have got to know him since. Tech has been really recruiting me since my sophomore year. I really like everyone on the staff, but I've interacted the most with Coach Owens, Coach Sewak and Coach West (my position coaches), and with Coach Johnson. The great thing about Coach Johnson is that he's a really down-to-earth guy that I feel very comfortable talking to; I could talk to him about basically anything for as long as I wanted to. That really set Tech apart; with a lot of schools, you don't hear too often from their head coaches, but with Tech, Coach Johnson is always open and available.

Y: You run the same offense Tech does at Savannah Christian, correct?
ZQ: Yep, same plays and everything. I feel like that's going to help a lot in my transition from Savannah Christian to Georgia Tech, along with the fact that I feel Savannah Christian has really been helpful in preparing me for the next level and for my college career academically.

Y: Do you know what position the coaches want you to play?
ZQ: Offensive tackle.

Y: Speaking of academics, have you decided on a major yet?
ZQ: Not really. I'm torn between Industrial Engineering and Business. I'm going to take my time and make sure I make the right decision for myself. Savannah Christian also really helped prepare me for those academics that I'll see at the next level, especially at such a prestigious and esteemed university like Georgia Tech.

Y: You've basically come to the end of your recruitment process; you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. How has the overall process been for you?
ZQ: I like that it's coming to an end. It's been really exciting and I've enjoyed every bit of it, but it's also been stressful. You get to a point where you're almost annoyed with it, since coaches are constantly calling you, but other than that it's been a real blessing and I'm ready for it to be over.

Y: Your recruitment has been relatively quiet compared to some of your peers, and you haven't wavered a bit since your decision in mid-July. How has that relative quietness been for you?
ZQ: It has definitely been beneficial for me, and it makes it a lot less stressful. I knew Georgia Tech was the place for me back in July, so I closed my recruitment after I realized that this was the best possible decision.

Y: I know you were involved with a few player's recruitments, like Case Cook, Demetris Harris, and Charlie Clark. How is it different when a player recruits versus when a coach recruits?
ZQ: Reliable is probably the wrong word, but basically it's more reliable when another player talks to you about the school, because they're going through the same process you're going through and can really help you see a few things, shed some light on some things. A coach is going to say whatever he can to sell the school to a recruit, so you're going to hear a lot of really good things, but when it comes from another recruit, that recruit knows your situation and can help out and answer questions. I talked to other players and really told them what I liked about GT, and it helps the process a lot when you get that kind of feedback from other players.

Y: Can you describe what it's been like to visit Atlanta and GT in particular?
ZQ: There's so much to do in Atlanta, whereas in so many other places and other colleges there's not much to do in the town. I come from a small town about half an hour outside of Savannah, where there's not much to do, so going to a big city like Atlanta just blows me away. What really surprised me was GT's campus: it's in Atlanta, yet it's much quieter and it doesn't really feel like it's in the big city. You're a couple of streets away from Downtown, but yet it doesn't really feel like it. I like that a lot.

Y: Tech has recruited a few people from the Savannah area: wide receivers Demetris Robertson and Brad Stewart among others. Outside of them, is there anybody on GT's roster that you either knew previously or have come to know and have a really good relationship with? What about fellow recruits or commits?
ZQ: Actually, I haven't really talked with Brad that much, but I'll definitely talk more with him when I get to Tech. There really isn't anybody that I know in particular on the roster. In fact, I only really knew one person before I committed: Charlie Clark, who committed yesterday. I met him at the Georgia Rising Senior Bowl. That's also another reason why I'm really looking forward to my official visit on the 20th: I'll be able to really meet and interact with the other recruits and commits, as well as learn more about the school. I'm definitely very excited for that.

Y: You're by far one of the biggest recruits Tech has committed in this class, and one of the biggest in the country for that matter, being 6'6" and 265 pounds according to various sites. One can probably make the comparison between you with someone already on the roster: Shamire Devine, another one of the bigger lineman on the roster. Has anybody compared you to him?
ZQ: Coach Sewak has told me that I remind him of Shamire.

Y: Was there a point where you really realized that you wanted to come to Tech? Was there a differentiating factor between Tech and others?
ZQ: Probably when I sat down with Coach Johnson in his office and talked with him. I just really felt comfortable, and I knew I wanted to come here. The other coaches were pretty excited about it too; they told me I made their day and was one of their top targets on the line. As for a differentiating factor, obviously academics separates Tech from the others. They're really fantastic compared to everyone else, and it's one of the best degrees you can get. But even without that, I still would have come to GT. I really like the campus, the city of Atlanta, the staff, and can play at a very high level of ACC football.

Y: On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you to be coming to the Institute?
ZQ: Oh, like a 15. I made the best decision possible.

G.T. visit on 01-13-17...
MICHAEL SMITH
Vero Beach HS
WR
6' 2"/200
Vero Beach, FL

Wash. St. and ND to get the final two visits for Smith, after GT on this Friday. VB stands for Vero Beach.

Last edited:
Fairly accurate from comparing what we have and the Swarm has presently...

PAST
12/16: Tech visited 3*/4* WR Braylon Sanders
12/16: 3* DE Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa visited

THIS WEEKEND
1/13/17: 3* DE Antwan Owens
1/13/17: 3* RB Jordan Mason
1/13/17: 3* WR Michael Smith
1/14/17: 3* DE Aliki Vimahi
1/14/17: 3* LB Kendric Haynes
CURRENT COMMITS: Bruce Jordan-Swilling, Tre’ Swilling, Tobias Oliver, TD Roof, Dameon Williams, Jerry Howard

TWO WEEKENDS FROM NOW
1/20/17: 3*/4* LB Jaquan Henderson
1/20/17: 3* DE Josh Johnson
1/20/17: 2*/3* S Avery Showell
1/20/17: 3* DE Kelton Dawson
CURRENT COMMITS: Zach Quinney, Charlie Clark

THREE WEEKENDS FROM NOW
1/27/17: 3*/4* DE Robert Porcher IV
1/27/17: 4* LB Leonard Warner
1/27/17: 2*/3* S Tariq Carpenter

http://gridironnow.com/leonard-warner-recruiting/

Is Georgia’s 2017 recruiting class about to become even stronger? Four-star inside linebacker Leonard Warner has the Bulldogs in his final four.

“My final four schools are Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Stanford,” Warner told GN. “I’ve already taken the Florida State and Georgia official visits. My Stanford visit is this upcoming weekend, and my Georgia Tech visit is the weekend after that.”

Since at least the three of us are reading this thread....here is another transfer, so we have 12 open now(Harland Howell, WR)-

....I am staying here, even with a Swarm offer. Pay is the same. Also, G.T. is my only collegiate team. If any Panthers eat me, you know what happened to me brothers and sister!

Reactions: BornAJacket
Gee, I wonder why I dislike orange? Let's see, orange juice is being proven as bad for your health overall-beside the benefit of Vitamin C.....oh yes, Butch Jones and potentially about to be taking another local player away(please don't tell GTJT about my rant, I care deeply about him, Ginger and his children. Certainly his wife is quality, the Bulldawg brother I'm a little indifferent about. Only kidding!)....

Can CAM flip this Missy St. commitment? Can open a can, can dance-if he can...

KALEB OLIVER #6 Senior FS
Oakland High School
Murfreesboro, TN

Last edited:
Good vibes...

...Pitt. is in home today, as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tre' did a great job with Cortez Alston!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT