ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

Per Phil Kornblut, Gamecocks no longer recruiting OL Jordan Johnson... http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...recruiting/phil-kornblut/article56049780.html

USC no longer is recruiting OL Jordan Johnson of Jacksonville. He was first recruited by USC by the Spurrier staff and the new staff picked back up on him in December. He had planned to visit USC this weekend. He has been to UCF and also has visits set with Virginia Tech, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech. He’s a former Georgia Tech commitment.

138. 4-star OG Donavaughn Campbell, Ponchatoula High School (Ponchatoula, Louisiana)

Bleacher Report Score: 93/100

Recruitment Status: Committed to LSU

119. 4-star DT Michail Carter, Jackson High School (Jackson, Georgia)

Bleacher Report Score: 92/100

Recruitment Status: Considering Auburn, Clemson, Georgia and Georgia Tech

Deshaunte Jones and family drove down I-75(probably passing Stech81, his ice sculptures and beer exhibits)to avoid delayed flights this weekend. Been told he had a real good visit!

From Palmetto Pride, Sports Talk:
DB Romeo Finley of Fort Walton Beach, FL made his official visit to Clemson over the weekend and the Tigers are strongly in the mix for him. He had previously visited Georgia Tech. “It went well, I had a great time, better than I expected,” Finley said. “I went to their banquet and all the players stood up and talked about the coaches and how they are such a big family. And all the players talked about Dabo and how you see him in the videos is how he really is. Everybody is so tight there. It opened my eyes a lot. I didn’t think it would be so good. It’s a big opportunity. They had three safeties go to the draft and another transfer.” Finley will visit Miami next weekend. He’s expecting Georgia Tech in his home on Thursday. He said Georgia Tech still leads “but I have a lot to think about.”

Phil Kornblut with mentions on Woods, McCloud and Finley (nothing new necessarily)...

DE Jordan Woods of Citra, FL was scheduled to visit West Virginia over the weekend but the visit was canceled. He is scheduled to visit USC this coming weekend and he's expecting to make the trip. USC has been by his school to see him and he has talked with Will Muschamp over the phone. Woods is down to USC, Georgia Tech and South Florida. He's expecting an in home visit from USF Tuesday and one from Georgia Tech Thursday. He'll make his decision soon after his USC visit this weekend.

DB Nick McCloud of South Pointe visited Georgia Tech over the weekend. He plans to make a decision by Tuesday or Wednesday but not release it until Signing Day. He is down to Georgia Tech, NC State, Vanderbilt and UCLA. McCloud said he enjoyed the visit with the Yellow Jackets. "I think Ii had a real good relationship with the players I met there," he said. "It's a real good opportunity and they have good academics. And I loved the city." McCloud said he doesn't have a favorite at this point.

DB Romeo Finley of Fort Walton Beach, FL made his official visit to Clemson over the weekend and the Tigers are strongly in the mix for him. He had previously visited Georgia Tech. "It went well, I had a great time, better than I expected," Finley said. "I went to their banquet and all the players stood up and talked about the coaches and how they are such a big family. And all the players talked about Dabo and how you see him in the videos is how he really is. Everybody is so tight there. It opened my eyes a lot. I didn't think it would be so good. It's a big opportunity. They had three safeties go to the draft and another transfer." Finley will visit Miami next weekend. He's expecting Georgia Tech in his home on Thursday. He said Georgia Tech still leads "but I have a lot to think about."

Would be nice
To me, Tyler Vernon(his film is incredible, and a fine athlete)is like a schollie addition. Before Stewart was offered by CPJ, I said he would break the two-deep depth by November 2015 and be awarded one. We may take six more if all breaks right.

Hope his mom isn't asking for anything big....
CLO is lining up the beef on his side of the table with Jordan Johnson and this stud wideout. On the other side will be "Little Campbell". I don't think the Tuitts or Brian K. have a place setting for dinner. The Irish had their official in September at the Golden Domer. Now is the time for the Gold and White to finish off a nice class next Wednesday. We can always hope!

Reactions: Texwood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT