ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

Just 3 weeks left

On that note, a year ago, the ACC released the FB schedule on Jan. 29th, the week before NSD. Two years ago in 2014, it was released 2 weeks before NSD on Jan. 22nd.

Hopefully, the ACC will follow suit again and we are just a couple of weeks away from learning when and who we play in the 7 games we aren't aware of yet.

We of course already know...

Sep. 3 (7:30amET) vs BC at Dublin, IE
Sep. 10 MERCER
Sep. 17 VANDERBILT
Nov. 19 GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Nov. 26 at Cesspool

From 7 p.m. on Tuesday nights through signing day, 24/7's Rusty Mansell is on 680 The Fan/93.7 F.M. locally for "The Official Visit". It lasts one hour. I caught the very end tonight with Tyson Summers, new coach at Ga. Southern. He has 4 of his 9 coaches on the road covering Metro Atlanta(one for each major county).

Not sure about Madden. I've kind of resigned myself to reading this thread for updates and just letting the chips fall where they will and check out who actually signs on NSD this year.

I do know if we are going to deploy stech81's 7-4-6 defensive scheme this year, we are going to need a helluva lot more DL's than we have on roster right now. Like I always say...

..."quantity, not quality".

:)

Any updates on this strange story?
I don't want to give up one of our recruiting sources or make him any more angry with me for inquiring about this situation or the other young man who had problems with the security folks back in November. Told the former has "not been offered" by us and ranks way down on the list for that DT spot. The latter has a pretty good chance of signing here.

Have a hypothesis that since Coach West has been out of the coaching loop for over a year, he will inherit the G.T. list and work off of that primarily. He is one of the 9 out on the road.

Not sure about Madden. I've kind of resigned myself to reading this thread for updates and just letting the chips fall where they will and check out who actually signs on NSD this year.

I do know if we are going to deploy stech81's 7-4-6 defensive scheme this year, we are going to need a helluva lot more DL's than we have on roster right now. Like I always say...

..."quantity, not quality".

:)
Yes we are going to use the 7-4-6 and in passing situations we will use the 9-5-8 to help put Pressure on the QB

I have Woods, a defensive player, rated as 9 1/2 stars. If he commits to Tech, I'll bump him up to 10 1/2 stars. If he signs with Tech, he moves up to 11 stars. If he says on signing day that his life's mission is to injure as many sad sack Tech fans as possible, then he moves up to 13 1/2 stars. But, that's as far as I'm going. I have standards after all. Of course, if he chooses elsewhere, he drops to 1/2 a star (if I'm feeling particularly happy at the moment) and he won't even make our scout team.

I hope he picks the NATS so he can assure a good future for himself. Working as a garbage man with a useless degree (if you can even get that) really works on a guy as a career choice over time.

I have Woods, a defensive player, rated as 9 1/2 stars. If he commits to Tech, I'll bump him up to 10 1/2 stars. If he signs with Tech, he moves up to 11 stars. If he says on signing day that his life's mission is to injure as many sad sack Tech fans as possible, then he moves up to 13 1/2 stars. But, that's as far as I'm going. I have standards after all. Of course, if he chooses elsewhere, he drops to 1/2 a star (if I'm feeling particularly happy at the moment) and he won't even make our scout team.

I hope he picks the NATS so he can assure a good future for himself. Working as a garbage man with a useless degree (if you can even get that) really works on a guy as a career choice over time.
I agree , oh by the way what did I agree to? It don't matter if GTJT said it its good to me.

I agree , oh by the way what did I agree to? It don't matter if GTJT said it its good to me.

I think you are just saying that and trying to butter me up because you knew my credit card bill would finally get here in the mail. Well, it did. And, I must ask, did you REALLY need to spend 6 grand at a Krystals? Please dear Buddha tell me you were hosting some GT FB recruits or something.

I think you are just saying that and trying to butter me up because you knew my credit card bill would finally get here in the mail. Well, it did. And, I must ask, did you REALLY need to spend 6 grand at a Krystals? Please dear Buddha tell me you were hosting some GT FB recruits or something.
No just me :) and by the I'll order my season tickets in 2 weeks so if you please pay the credit card bill this month. :)

Believe he is headed to Miami and Mark Richt, who has really been showing him Dah U love. So keep him at a 1/2 star.

FWIW, Lamar Owens had the lead on Woods before the coaching carousel.

Believe he is headed to Miami and Mark Richt, who has really been showing him Dah U love. So keep him at a 1/2 star.

FWIW, Lamar Owens had the lead on Woods before the coaching carousel.

Thanks for the heads up as always, mate. I think I'll take his 1/2 star away and eat it with my late night coffee later tonight.

Lee visiting on 01-22-16.

Should be a Jacket publicly by the end of next weekend.

I'm getting bad vibes as we enter the backstretch of this recruiting cycle. I hope our plan b targets are good 'uns. We've done well on that front in the past so there is reason for hope.

Awesome! If his offer list is for real at the link, that's pretty impressive.

What position for Mr. Jones at Tech?

Awesome! If his offer list is for real at the link, that's pretty impressive.

What position for Mr. Jones at Tech?

He was being recruited as a QB by us. One of those guys that will start out at QB but would be moved to A-back if buried deep on the depth chart. He's probably the most athletic of the three QB's we are targeting. I think we will sign one of the other two QB targets (if we can) in anticipation of Jaylend Ratliffe taking a medical.

Of the remaining two QB targets, I favor Deshaunte Jones because he ran a version of CPJ's spread in high school and looked dynamic doing so!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT