ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

Wow! Great news. Recruiting is on a roll last few days. Let's hope it stays on a roll thru NSD.

Reactions: stech81
CLO deserves a raise - full stop. If we close strong from this point forward, he deserves a sizable raise.

I can't see how he doesn't get the other Johnson, too!

Since they still have a slight lead for Finley over Clemson, one has to think Deshaunte can fall here, maybe McCloud...then you wonder if GT can pull a Campbell or Robertson?

Hopefully this stays on a roll. At some point now - and we may be seeing signs of it already with this flurry of activity - we may be pitching if you want to get on the bus, seats are in small supply. I guess other programs can sell the same this late in the game too and I highly doubt we are "pressuring" any of our targets with that approach...at the same time, it may be in their heads. If they are smart enough to get into Tech and excel in the classroom at Tech, then they can do basic math to figure out the reservations are becoming limited.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
More on Lucas Johnson from the San Diego Union-Tribune... http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/25/sdsu-aztecs-football-lucas-johnson-decommits/

Of course, this brings back the age-old rules of college football message board fanboys (and very prevalent apparently among Georgia Tech people)...

1. If an existing Tech verbal commit de-commits choosing to go elsewhere or a current player on roster decides to transfer, then that kid is a moron, lack integrity, and is not interested in his future.

2. If an existing verbal commit to another school de-commits choosing instead to flip to Tech or a current player on another school's roster decides to transfer to Tech, then that kid is brilliant, is interested in his future and is a class act.

:D

My dad told me after we loss 7 game in high school that losing builds character .Hence we had the most character of any team . ( we all so had the second most loses )

Considering that GT was Lucas's only Div 1 offer, I think most people understand about his move. However, the flip by the Vandy commitment is a different story.

glad for the visit I am sure he knows quite a bit about GT already.

His recruitment may come down to how the other schools on his list fill their last scholarships. If he's high on their lists, it might be tough.

CPJ was in-home with Lucas Johnson on Monday night. Nice close!

Finley should wind up GT over Clemson, unless Miami doe$ something extraordinary this weekend on his visit. He claims he "already knows".

In good shape with Campbell, although LSU has showed much love up until now. Expect them to be calling him through Thursday and early on Sunday. All of their visits are over.

CPJ was in-home with Lucas Johnson on Monday night. Nice close!

Finley should wind up GT over Clemson, unless Miami doe$ something extraordinary this weekend on his visit. He claims he "already knows".

In good shape with Campbell, although LSU has showed much love up until now. Expect them to be calling him through Thursday and early on Sunday. All of their visits are over.

Good stuff Buzzforlife - jives with everything I'm hearing from my coaching buds (all non GT). At this stage, I think we have a decent shot at landing Campbell, Finley, and McCloud. If we get two of those three, this class is about as good as it gets at GT.

Demetris is a long shot, but the same factors that lead to us landing Calvin are in play. I can't stop thinking about how great it would be if Megatron was to show up on campus this weekend.

No commits today, unless McCloud reveals his choice tonight or it leaks out. One week before the facsimile machines all blow up.

Talk of Jahaziel Lee moving over to OT(in the Ga. Tech scheme)for college?

Dylan Powell is off of our board. Kerr is only a fallback if Ga. Tech does not get McCloud or Byrd.

Last edited:
Jan. 31 is the quiet period, on-campus contact only. Feb.1-3 is a dead period. So at midnight this Sunday, the recruits are left alone to decide if they have not made up their minds. I believe April 1, cuts off the letter-of-intents for football.

thanks, so this is the last weekend for colleges to contact players. Hope GT gets the last good word in for several of these players.

ESPN U starts at 8a.m. for the National coverage until 1p.m., then ESPN2....then back to the "U", around 5.

Coffee and Doughnuts at the Edge Center after 7 ish. A.M.

The hundreds of GT Alumni Clubs throughout Asia will be following in their prime time and into the wee hours of the morning in anticipation of this signing class.

Thumbs-Up.jpg

These Tech alums are fired up for this signing class indeed!!

Looks like we are not expecting Arkeem Byrd to sail on a Ga. Tech ship.
Deshaunte Jones will probably go with Cincy., if Ohio St. does not offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT