ADVERTISEMENT

Blame…

jacket1856

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2017
Been reading all the commentary on the loss, and I see a lot of misplaced blame. True, SU punched us in the mouth and we didn’t punch back quick enough, but our DC and OC let us down.

McCord was outstanding last week dinking and dunking it down the field. So naturally, our DC plays 3 down with a zone most of the game, which he cuts up to the tune of 400 yards. Had Santucci played the entire game like he called most of the 3rd and 4th, we win this going away.

SU made a point to stop the inside zone early on. We had success with HK outside and the 3-step pass. Instead we keep running inside and throw outlets to get 3-5 yards. When we needed it we gave HK the reigns and he lets it fly. I know Key wants to start with physicality, but against physical defenses the pass game sometimes opens up the run game.

Key is the man for the job, and I have full confidence in Santucci and Faulkner, but this was a poorly called game. I would argue the players made it close despite the calls, and that’s the silver lining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.