ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Period(s)for Spring, 2016& Potpouri

With all the bad news in Charlotte(Mr. Cook)and N.C.(restrooms), here is a good recent memory before CMP took his team on their Canadian trip-

Sad to hear about the passing of Taz Anderson...he was a wonderful supporter of GT Athletics.

UPDATE: The GWCC board voted 13-1 to approve the new budget. Board member Taz Anderson voted against.

The latest increase won’t affect the amount of taxpayer money that goes into building the stadium but could affect the amount the Falcons need to raise from naming rights, sponsorships and, importantly to Falcons fans, personal seat license sales.

It's official, FWIW. ACCCG moved to Orlando for 2016. If North Carolina wants to continue to be exclusionary and stupid, I hope the ACC continues to keep its championships outside of that homophobic backwoods state - or any others who are so ridiculous towards human beings that are different than the "norm". Good for the ACC!

http://www.theacc.com/news/dr-pepper-acc-football-championship-game-set-for-orlando-09-29-2016
Good and it's a good time to visit Disney , guess i'll need to keep your credit card a little longer GTJT I know you would want me to have a good time.
And if we can't find your hat I can get you one with the big ears.

Downtown Disney is nice. Lots of bars. Lots of old grandma's with money from divorces or widows. You might not even need my credit card to get free beer. But, I digress again. DRUNK BUDDIES

I'm thinking of joining all the offensive line coaches. Like the Centers. Freddie doesn't need much help, the backups make this a strong position. Plus, I have experience bending over. Oops, I brought this thread to a new sinking level. Also, posted in the wrong thread-this belongs in the Fire Bobber if he doesn't leave!

David Teel advises today the ACC's AD's will likely not go with 9+1 or 8+2 scheduling models, but instead stick with the status quo of 8+1... http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-acc-schedule-status-quo-post.html

Very disappointing (yet again) at my alma mater. Soccer moms will be happy though I guess. Perhaps they should start handing out juice boxes and healthy snacks after the games. Maybe they already do. Georgia Tech knowingly providing an advantage to its Coastal Division competitors makes absolutely no sense to me. And, ACC fans crying for years now about wanting an ACC Network to keep up with the B10 and SEC joneses can now STFU because if I were ESPN, I would definitely reduce the money offering to run a network when the ACC Network channel can and likely will be showing more games like Alcorn State at Ga Tech in its time slots. This is dumb. From the article...

How much that will cost the conference in incentives is unknown.

Not much Georgia Tech Athletics Administration does anymore makes any sense to me. Dumb move. Again.

As you have eloquently stated many times on this subject, it isn't fair to the Coastal teams such as GT and Miami. Should have been used to help strengthen schedules and create an extra conference game vs. a league opponent you otherwise might not see until future years.

If I had a vote in this political season the 9+1 would get it. The 8+2 if I had to negotiate another bill reaching across the aisle through compromise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT