ADVERTISEMENT

Miami@GT, Oct. 1...12:00 on ESPN-2

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Game time and TV should be released early this afternoon.

SEC just announced Vols at Cesspool on CBS at 3:30. I'd really like to watch that. Hoping for Miami-GT to be prime time, though guessing could be a 12pm kickoff with ESPN Game Day leading into it.

Very possible we get a 6-day delay as ESPN may want to see how some games shake out this week (Clemson @ GT for instance). Cheaters also play at FSU on Oct. 1.

Will not be prime time Clemson and Louisville will be at night.
I hope it's not noon

NOON it is...

CsukfoLWcAAvUkR.jpg:large

Me, too!
Banking is usually 9-12 on Saturday the 1st....the young man has to eat, Friday H.S. games cut into sleep time....YJA is 9:30-10 a.m. & we look like lobsters even with sunscreen on our skin. I told the special needs movie screening crew that a replacement would be needed for us, because Noon or 3:30 would interfere with the 11 a.m. showing.

^^^
Wow! You're a busy man!
The zombie squad tried to recruit me this week, while we followed the roaming band around before the Vandy game. Honestly, the only woman that will have me, either doesn't have a pulse or is blind roaming around down on Decatur St., lost or being sold.

I tried to get every complaint I could think of in an attempt to get GTJT622 riled up at me. Guess I left out Marta and the fans around me standing up? Actually, I stood up most of the game because of the row in front. Jr. and I yelled the whole contest. We let it be known, there are only 7 home games!

Next practice is on Monday.
1/3rd of the season is gone.

We are 1 game better than I projected at this point in the season. I picked us to beat the Canes. I am encouraged by the defense. The offense? Zero faith in this system anymore. If JT5 is the best QB CPJ has ever had in this system as many have stated, I'd hate to see it without him. SOS. Tired. Antiquated. Living in the past. Lack of ingenuity. All traits and labels as a Tech alum I despise.

We'll go as far as our defense can take us this year...with some hopes this crap offense will be able to put up 17-20 pts each week...while, not killing our defense with dumb turnovers. Our offensive coordinator needs to get off his high horse and realize it just ain't workin' no more. It works against Alcorn State, Tulane, Vandy and Mercer.

What would have been more appropriate for Gottlieb's gif would be the cars all start moving backwards in reverse. ;)

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Just got a note from Giuseppe who advises me we can expect the Canes to open around a 6 pt favorite.

I'll take the points too, buddy!
Would feel a lot better if CBC had more input in this offense. Keep hearing about Lucas Johnson and us "throwing" in more hybrid plays. I'll believe it when I see it!!

I'll be scouting the Canes today. They are laying 37.5 to Bye Week today. Not sure how much I'll be able to take from it though. Not because Bye Week is such a big underdog, but more because Spray Tan Boy chose this game for over half his team to serve one-game suspensions. In the words of The Church Lady...

Dana-Carvey-church-lady-best.jpg

How conveeeeeeeeeenient.

I'll be scouting the Canes today. They are laying 37.5 to Bye Week today. Not sure how much I'll be able to take from it though. Not because Bye Week is such a big underdog, but more because Spray Tan Boy chose this game for over half his team to serve one-game suspensions. In the words of The Church Lady...

Dana-Carvey-church-lady-best.jpg

How conveeeeeeeeeenient.
Remember to take notes on Bye we play them in a few weeks. And if I remember we have not beat them.
Also word has it that the Big 12 is looking to add them to their conference.

Makes sense. Pretty sure Bye Week can score 50+ on Big 12 defenses.

In Johnson’s first seven seasons, a span of 105 games, Tech had just four games in which it finished with under 125 rushing yards and only five in which it averaged under three yards per carry.

Next week, “I think guys will be confident going in,” center Freddie Burden said. “One bad game doesn’t make a season.”

I'm glad Freddie feels that way. He should. He's a competitor.

This offense has already logged under 3 yards per carry in 2 games this season. 2.7 vs BC and 2.5 vs Clemson.

Alarming.

Agree on VT and Miami. I think we have a chance against the Cheaters and Cesspool, both on the road. I'm no more optimistic about Pitt. Think it will be a close game, but we certainly will be the underdog (and our D will be challenged). Like Texwood said in the other thread yesterday, what looked like should-be wins over Duke and Virginia don't look as easy today after their impressive performances yesterday. Then again, like you said mate, "or any of the others for that matter"...if we don't improve offensively, we will struggle against any opponent.

I think the D looks to be OK, though they will be stressed like we haven't seen this season by Miami, Pitt, the Cheaters and the Hokies for certain. By late November, I expect the Cesspool's offense to be better as well. Hopefully our D can keep us in games while also hopefully this offense grows up, figures things out, gets better players on the field, the QB plays better, etc.

The *ONLY* position I feel comfortable about on offense right now is B-Back.

Agree on VT and Miami. I think we have a chance against the Cheaters and Cesspool, both on the road. I'm no more optimistic about Pitt. Think it will be a close game, but we certainly will be the underdog (and our D will be challenged). Like Texwood said in the other thread yesterday, what looked like should-be wins over Duke and Virginia don't look as easy today after their impressive performances yesterday. Then again, like you said mate, "or any of the others for that matter"...if we don't improve offensively, we will struggle against any opponent.

I think the D looks to be OK, though they will be stressed like we haven't seen this season by Miami, Pitt, the Cheaters and the Hokies for certain. By late November, I expect the Cesspool's offense to be better as well. Hopefully our D can keep us in games while also hopefully this offense grows up, figures things out, gets better players on the field, the QB plays better, etc.

The *ONLY* position I feel comfortable about on offense right now is B-Back.
Still have not seen VT so not sure about them. I still think our offense will be Ok , the only thing is Pitt. UNC, and uga don't have much on defense. Have not seen Duke,UVa,Miami play so don't know about their D

What do you see in our offense up until this point?
17 against B.C.
35 vs. a relatively start up, outmanned Mercer group.
38 against Vandy who just gave 30 to W. Ky.
7 vs. Tiggers after the farm had been stolen.

Not trying to knock them. They are our SA's, but not seeing the progress.

Hope I'm wrong on them. I see the whiffs, laying on the ground and Thomas running for his life. He's looking banged up already, maybe psychologically. Leadership needs to go to Freddie. JT5 not the vocal type.

Chris Griffin injury in hoops, hurt worse than expected. Erin Joe's experience.

Tennessee is -3.5 at UGA. Easy money. And how in the F are they still ranked. I think I saw them at #25.

Clemson’s starting defensive linemen go 310, 305, 340 and 265 pounds, and they’re not drop-anchor-and-eat-space guys. They haul. Two of them – freshman Dexter Lawrence (6-feet-5, 340 pounds) and sophomore Christian Wilkins (6-4, 310) – work on the punt coverage team. Rare are such large-bodied sorts skilled so as to serve on such a special team.

Not too often do you see DTs on punt coverage. Miami won't have that kind of quickness on the d-line. From past experience, I worry more about their LBs.

Miami starts true freshmen at all three linebacker spots. I don't think Miami's front seven this year is in the same class as Clemson, so the offense should move the ball better this week (yeah, that's not saying much). How much better, I have no idea.

I think the defense is going to get stressed mightily on Saturday. If we drop back into soft 7-man zones with an anemic pass rush from the front 4, Kaaya will carve us up like a Texas smoked brisket. I expect CTR to change things up from what he's been doing thus far in the season. I hope he's cooking something up good, and I sure hope we play well enough to be competitive in this one.

I don't think we will get to the QB. We are 102nd in the nation in sacks per game and that's against 3 (of 4) pedestrian offenses. We blitzed quite a bit against Clemson. I think we'll do it again. We kind of have to, IMO. Miami's running game worries me more than Texwood. If this Tech D holds Miami to 24 pts or less, then it has done an outstanding job (IMO).

So much (too much, IMO) is made of our opponents getting extra weeks/time to prep for our funky offense. Well, Spray Tan Boy has a lot of experience against CTR and extra time to prep for our defense as well. Of course, we get an extra couple of days too. Hopefully, those 2 extra days have been put to good use.

12 Advil tablets later (sorry about the weird post! :oops:), I'm recovered enough to pregame hard this week! Hope I don't have to postgame hard!! Helen Hunt's twin brother always has our number, it seems like. Rarely does he screw up against us. He saves it for another game. beating head against wall

Against Clemson, the blitzing may not have got him to the ground, but it held them to 3 points after great field position from a turnover...

So if they can do that for 4 qtrs., I'd be happy with not getting Kaaya to the ground. I just don't know if they can keep it up for 4 qtrs.

Oh and PLEASE cover the TE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT