ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Post-Regular Season, Bowl Talk/Info.

Early Bowl Games

Sat Dec 17

New Mexico (-8) vs Texas San Antonio - New Mexico is averaging about 37 points per game and allowing 21. Seems like the Lobos will cover.

Houston (-4) vs San Diego State - For a program who had hopes of playing New Years Day, a first day bowl game seems a huge letdown. Also with their coach moving on, I see San Diego grabbing this game.

App State vs Toledo (0) - Even he odds makers aren't giving anyone an edge here. This will probably be a very good ball game. Toledo scores more per game, but the weather may play a role in this one if the rain comes in early.

Arkansas State vs UCF (-7) - UCF is getting all the predictions their way. but the stats don't really point to that edge. Since the Odds are a touchdown, am not sure UCF will cover, I expect a close game.

Louisiana Lafayette vs Southern Mississippi (-6) Both these teams are 6-6. The Ragin Cajuns won 3 of their last 4 and scored 21 against uGA. They have a nice team. I think they can win this late game in New Orleans.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Monday 12/19

Central Michigan vs Tulsa (-13) I was a little surprised by this spread. Central Michigan played well early, but their last 5 games were tough while Tulsa has played in high scoring games and won 4 of the last 5. Only losing to Navy 42-40. Going to say that Tulsa covers the 13.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I see no one else took the bait, oh well...

New Mexico did not cover.
San Diego State dominated.
App State won by 3.
UCF didn't come close to covering.
So. Miss wins by a TD.

2-3 on Saturday.

The 2016 class is loaded with studs. There is no doubt that it will prove to be a huge class for our program. One of those studs is PWO Chet LaGod who figures prominently in the 2-deep competition at center next season. The arrow is pointing up.

The 2016 class is loaded with studs. There is no doubt that it will prove to be a huge class for our program. One of those studs is PWO Chet LaGod who figures prominently in the 2-deep competition at center next season. The arrow is pointing up.

Glad to hear about Chet!

I see no one else took the bait, oh well...

New Mexico did not cover.
San Diego State dominated.
App State won by 3.
UCF didn't come close to covering.
So. Miss wins by a TD.

2-3 on Saturday.

Tulsa certainly covered. Now 3-3

Next few games.
12/20 - Memphis vs Western Kentucky (-7) - The Hilltoppers are getting all the hype, and fankly their high powered offense deserves it. Averaging 45 points per game is impressive. Memphis has produced points off turnovers this year and special teams, running back 3 kickoffs. The thing about that, is the other team usually scores before you get a chance to return a kickoff. I expect WKU to cover.

12/21 - BYU (-10) vs Wyoming - BYU is expected to win this one. But Wyoming can certainly score points, 27 passing TDs and 30 rushing on the year. BYU's line can be dominate and line play is an important factor in these games. Let's not forget these teams are familiar with each other, first playing in 1922 and 77 times total .Wyoming has not played any team more than BYU. BYU has dominated recently and leads the series 44-30-3. I think BYU has only played Utah and Utah St more times. So this is a rivalry game. Anything goes in a rivalry. With that said, I'll say it stays close and Wyoming covers the spread. Given the right break, they might even win it.

Last edited:
Incidentally, JT5 was hobbling up the McCamish steps when leaving the game, noticeably. I didn't notice him when he took the floor with all of his teammates during a second half timeout. Might need to be deadening that left ankle/foot prior to the TaxSlayer Bowl?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT