ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Post-Regular Season, Bowl Talk/Info.

swiped this... thought it was interesting to see.

Looking at the USA Today assistant coaches database, I see that Gillespie was making $165,000 and Dean $150,000. That's $315,000 for an offensive coordinator and one other assistant. The median salary on their staff is $100,000. So assuming the median salary for the second coach, that leaves $215,000 for a coordinator to teach the triple option.

From the same database, we learn that the lowest paid assistants for Georgia Tech (Cook and Owens) make $203,345. That would only be a 5.7% raise for a less stable job in the middle of pine trees and farms. Army has several coaches making $151,000 or less, so they might be interested. Navy isn't included in the database.

Interestingly enough

Where is his interest coming from based on the numbers posted by BAJ?
Even calling the plays, looks like a step down slightly. Are they putting more money together in their budget for an OC?

This is puzzling to me!

Has CBC accepted the GSU position?
Here is a recruit he is following:

JD King is also a Southern target that he is involved with. Of course Va. Tech, Okie St. are now on that kid, also.

Rumors are sometimes false. I can't imagine Cook taking this move unless he is thinking it is a step closer to a HC job. Maybe he wants to put his finger prints on the offense. We know from a few years ago with the Pistol experiment that Coach Johnson didn't feel comfortable with the new playbook that Cook developed.

I think this rumor has legs. Hope it falls through but expect an announcement soon.

Done deal with CBC. I think CLO would be much harder to replace, so of the two it's the lesser of two evils IMO. I also get why CBC is the more attractive candidate of the two for that job. He came in with a reputation as having a creative offense mind and four years of tutelage under CPJ adds old school option bonafides to his resume.

Problem is that in Statesboro they don't want new innovative twists. I think this is more about actually getting to be the OC and play calling vs any money conversations. Who knows, he could be back at GT in a few years whenever CPJ does finally retire.

This guy is sure to be a candidate to replace CBC. Wonder if he has impressed CPJ enough this season to be a legit contender?

sorry, missed the link before. I am surprised to hear that Cook isn't getting on the recruiting trail for GSU. Maybe the calendar is wrong for it right now. Not sure about visits, etc. I wonder who he's recruiting for GT?

The timing works out well for CBC to stay on the job as the recruiting dead period begins on Monday and runs for a full month. I'm sure CPJ will allow him to touch base with GSU recruits over the weekend.

Here is a good article about CPJ's option coaching tree:

Army-Navy a celebration of the triple-option offense

I would like nothing more than to see CPJ's coaching tree expand into many 2nd & 3rd tier D1 programs with GT sitting atop the food chain with the most coveted and highest paying positions for those who prove themselves at teaching and executing the offense.

Here is a good article about CPJ's option coaching tree:

Army-Navy a celebration of the triple-option offense

I would like nothing more than to see CPJ's coaching tree expand into many 2nd & 3rd tier D1 programs with GT sitting atop the food chain with the most coveted and highest paying positions for those who prove themselves at teaching and executing the offense.
Except for all the turnovers it was a nice game. Army got the win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT