ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football "Changes", "Articles"...Post 2015 Season-

CPJ has moved him over to QB from AB, officially.

With Christian moving to DB, we needed the 3rd guy at QB. JT5 will be gone next year and one of Matthew or TaQuon will be starting QB. OTOH, does anyone else see the move of Christian to DB as a strong statement of his athletic ability? Apparently he needs to be on the field, and not sit behind JT5 this season. Thus, I would expect him to start this season. I have to think for him to do that, he sees his ticket to the next level more at DB than QB in our system. If so, that speaks well of his potential, which I've heard so much about. It's kind of a big deal to move your backup QB, who has gotten good reviews, to DB.

AJ Gray will be the starter at FS. The other safety starting position is up for grabs. Corey Griffin will be one of the favorites there.

As a defensive-minded guy, I am glad that Campbell saw the light and wanted to join real football players. :D

AJ Gray will be the starter at FS. The other safety starting position is up for grabs. Corey Griffin will be one of the favorites there.

As a defensive-minded guy, I am glad that Campbell saw the light and wanted to join real football players. :D

There are a lot of guys back there. AJ looked particularly good last year. Step should make the move to starter at corner. Christian should be at least on the two-deep, as Lance and Lawrence might have something to say about it, too, as well as Corey. We're relatively (compared to four SR's starting) inexperienced in the DB, but there's talent and some experience to be found there.

Actually, CBC told one of my contacts that Chase Martenson moved ahead of Campbell. This move was in an effort to get him close to the two-deep.

Actually, CBC told one of my contacts that Chase Martenson moved ahead of Campbell. This move was in an effort to get him close to the two-deep.

Really? Wow! Speaks well of Chase. Christian was reportedly impressing last fall. I guess that's good news.

Marshall is getting snaps. Chase behind him. More to do with Christian needing an agreeable position. Not wanting to put him down, but they didn't see a future for him at QB. His choice to move.

If the season were to start today, Pat Gamble and Francis Kallon would start inside at the tackles. Gray would be at one safety. Juene and Stewart at WR.

Dedrick Mlls at BBack.

Last edited:
If you already posted this somewhere Mr. JT622 times over normal, please forgive my oversight:
Head coach Paul Johnson will receive a $100,000 bonus for his team’s multi-year APR of 987, according to USA Today.

We can't let money out of the precious budget without notation. This is Tech, we expect to balance the budget, not have surpluses thanks to these sweet contracts.

He should take that money and set up a trust to fund scholarships in his name or in the name of some deserving player, team manager or coach in his program.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Just a heads up that if recent history repeats this year, the ACC (and GT of course) has announced the times and TV assignments the last few years in mid-May. We are likely only a couple of weeks away - say, the week of May 16 perhaps - from learning the kickoff times and TV designations for the Mercer and Vandy home games. We already know the opener against BC in Ireland and the Week 4 Thursday nighter against the Kitty Cats on Grant Field.

edit note: I am guessing Mercer will be an early evening kickoff (say, 6pm) and will be streamed live via ESPN-3...I will guess the Vandy game will be on ESPN-U (or RSN) and kickoff at either noon or 3:30. With Clemson coming to town just 5 days later, I imagine CPJ would love to see the earliest kickoff possible for the Vandy game - though, he will have little-to-no say in that decision as it will be in our TV partners' hands.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I hope someone prints this out and places on the lockers of our D-Backfield guys... http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/92174/post-spring-position-rankings-secondary

Wow! This is based on losing 4 starters. I get it. But, dead last in the ACC? Hope CAM, who was recently moved over to coach this unit, and the players of course gain some motivation from this.

edit note: scroll down some in the linked article above and you'll see that our front 7 defenders are ranked 13th out of 14 in the ACC...CTR, you reading this stuff????

Friday deadline....sent out to season ticket holders, only:
Away game pricing:
Pittsburgh - $40
North Carolina - $50
Virginia Tech - $70

Georgia - $95

Hopefully, this week we will find out the kickoff times and TV assignments for the early season games as mentioned in a previous reply 2 weeks ago.

We of course already know Weeks 1 and 4. Should soon learn Mercer and Vandy home games.

The early season games have been released on the following dates the last few years...

May 15, 2015
May 20, 2014
May 23, 2013
May 17, 2012
May 11, 2011

There was some speculation that these would be released by the ACC last week as part of the ACC's spring meetings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT