ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football "Changes", "Articles"...Post 2015 Season-

From the third party report at the CRC on campus, as the first question posed to KeShaun Freeman concerning team chemistry and not giving up last year:
The team is much more hungry now. Had a few no longer around that did not really want to be there.

Certainly, Mr. Bryan can address this topic better than myself, since his son was in there before and concurrently.

The Campbell news is a bit surprising. Who is primed to compete for backup QB?

For Spring, the back up is Mathew Jordan, followed by Chase Martenson. When they enroll, Lucas Johnson and Jay Jones will get a chance.

Thanks. Good to see Campbell saw the light and moved to the side of the line of scrimmage where real men exist. :)

I heard about the changes at a hoop game this week. Was told to wait until Spring Game to mention Campbell. When I found it in "writing", figured it's out now.

Not sure about you, but I am very worried about grooming a competent reserve QB and quickly. Not to defend the staff, but it must be difficult to have a stud sit behind your starter. The good signal callers want to play, now!

Since I have given you and Teddy Roof, our Gray and Christian-please get stout on that side of the ball. I'm not hearing much on Dorian Walker. Don't mess with his head? Oh and BTW, you are not getting Brad Stewart over there. No need to ask. Coach Fire Danny and Always Keep Brian Another Year, can both have Stew as a rental. In foots, he is a WR ONLY.

Whoever the QB is - and this includes JT5 - I hope they grasp the concept of valuing the ball. JT5 is too careless with the ball. I understand our funky offense is prone to fumbling. I also understand fully that JT5 is a high risk, high reward kind of guy. We saw the high reward in '14. We experienced the negative side of the high risk in '15. CPJ stated multiple times even when the O was rolling in '14 that he constantly has to get on JT5 about protecting the ball and being smarter. That was then (read: sophomore) and this is now. My hope is that his senior season as a third-year starter sees him maturing and taking better care of the pigskin.

Having said all that, I hope Jordan is showing significant signs of progress. He made some plays last year at times which hinted at what he can do in the offense. But, like JT5 was as a backup frosh, he was very careless with the ball as well. To both QB's defense, their supporting cast was not nearly as talented nor especially experienced in '15.

One thing is for sure, I hope these offensive (no pun intended...well, not this time at least ;)) guys get themselves geared up during this offseason because they will face one of the best defenses in the nation in the opener over in Ireland. BC's D was terrific last year. And, IIRC they return the bulk of that D this year...with 9 months to prep.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I know the Spring Monsoon is scheduled for April 23rd...when the GOLD team is going to wipe its butt with the WHITE team, btw. (break 1-9 for stech81...gotcha ears on there, good buddy?)

When does spring practice begin?

March 23rd.

As the Beatles and another Paul, sing...."Yesterday", football was such an easy game to play, now I need a place to hide away(3-9), oh I believe in yesterday....

Today is the 24th.

I know the Spring Monsoon is scheduled for April 23rd...when the GOLD team is going to wipe its butt with the WHITE team, btw. (break 1-9 for stech81...gotcha ears on there, good buddy?)

When does spring practice begin?
I think they start Monday on the 28th ( not sure just a guess) of March.
Go white beat the gold WHITE team all the way.

Thanks, maties. All I ask for in spring practice is for nobody to get seriously injured. Well, for our team I mean.

These guys say spring practice starts Monday, March 28... http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/ge...ball-spring-practice-position-battles-offense

I hope our punter gets a lot of work in. Or, on the other hand, perhaps he is resting from all the work he had to do last season - that, he never thought he signed up for when coming to Tech. I would think a punter signing with Tech would be mainly focused on what kind of hot dogs to serve the O-Linemen on the sidelines during games.

Our punter used to resemble the Maytag Repairman. Now, he looks like a 10 year old child working in Malaysia making radios.

I appreciate all the information. good to be talking about football again.

For NFL Jackets: I heard Phillip Wheeler will be signing with the Falcons again this year, then I saw ESPNJacket post a tweet about it elsewhere. So it must be true... Good for him.

I think the author views it that way because he sees it as a BC home game (which technically it is) and he's under the delusion apparently that GT is going to absorb all the costs of traveling and any other associated expenses of going over there. On a related note, how much is our cut of playing the Vols down the street at the new Atlanta United FC Stadium to kick off '17? I'm wanting to say I thought I read where each team will get at least 3 million. Should be no irregular expenses for our team for that one I'd think.

I'd be willing to bet the max of my credit card limit that GT can and does cover the cost of any players who need passports...which, I will guess is a substantial portion of the team...though not nearly all of them as I'm sure some already have a passport.

Further, I'm hopeful this also extends as part of our "payout" to cover the same for cheerleaders, band members, and anyone else who will be a part of Tech's traveling group.

Didn't need one getting off the cruise ship in Mexico, unless Ireland has different International Law in said country. When you have a designated time to return within a few days, you may not need one?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT