ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football "Changes", "Articles"...Post 2015 Season-

Spring game, 2016(early weather forecast, rain expected and plenty of it)-

GeorgiaTechFB
Annual Spring Game is set for Saturday, April 23 at noon

Note: Baseball is at Clemson, 6:30p.m.

Thanks, mate. No conflicts as of now with getting my nails done or getting my beagle groomed. Along with the weather being a steady downpour of course, traffic will be terrible, there will be no parking, and everyone will have kids with soccer games at the same time...even parents without kids. (just trying to practice in the offseason with excuse-making to be a typical sad sack Tech fan)

:D

EDIT NOTE: stech81's White Team SUCKS! Go Gold! Beat White!!!

A random observation perusing the web this morning...

...this is a quote from an English Premier League head coach/manager...

He also confirmed that indeed, the 27-year-old punched a wall in the tunnel after the match:

"A hole in the tunnel wall? We can repair that easily, it's not a problem.’’

He added:

"He's an emotional guy and I like that very much. If you have to push players it's difficult to survive in the Premier League, but if you have to control them it's much better."

Seems like CPJ had little pushing to do in '14 and then last year had a lot of pushing to do with the walking wounded he had to push. Let's hope in '16 we can get back to some team chemistry, players taking over leadership, and CPJ & staff having to "control" rather than "push".

I am cool with any attrition we get in the season or offseason from malcontents whose hearts are not in it. They are a triple-whammy drain on the team. They are wasting a scholarship we can use on someone who doesn't need pushing. Their heart is not in it so they individually aren't going to give it their all. And finally, they can be a complete negative bringing down others on the team who do want to give their all.

No doubt the best leadership, energy and desire comes from within the team. Coaches must create and atmosphere that encourages and strengthens, but they cannot create it.

Agreed, concerning the right attrition. Cesspool finding out who wants to be there this week. CPJ has had plenty of time to have those evaluations and meetings. It can be like a cancer, destroying the morale of the unit or team.

For those of you not living in the metro area, Marta is honoring the breeze cards past the spring game and summer. After that, new cards with more increases. If you did not mention all of those typical excuses, see what this old brain forgot it heard on the local news last night?

Chances of winning it all in College Football, 2016:

list of Bovada’s odds:

Alabama* 7/1
Clemson** 15/2
Baylor 12/1
Michigan 12/1
Ohio State 12/1
LSU* 14/1
Notre Dame 14/1
Oklahoma 14/1
Stanford 14/1
Florida State** 16/1
Mississippi* 22/1
Oregon 22/1
Tennessee* 22/1
Florida* 33/1
Georgia* 33/1
Houston 33/1
Iowa 33/1
Michigan State 33/1
TCU 33/1
USC 33/1
UCLA 40/1
Wisconsin 50/1
Arkansas* 50/1
Auburn* 50/1
Louisville** 50/1
Nebraska 50/1
North Carolina** 50/1
Oklahoma State 50/1
Texas A&M* 50/1
Miami** 66/1
South Carolina* 66/1
Washington 66/1
Utah 66/1
Washington State 66/1
Texas 75/1
Virginia Tech** 75/1
West Virginia 75/1
Arizona 100/1
Arizona State 100/1
BYU 100/1
Boise State 100/1
California 100/1
Georgia Tech** 100/1
Maryland 100/1
Mississippi State* 100/1
Missouri* 100/1
NC State 100/1
Northwestern 100/1
Penn State 100/1

I believe the White Team's nickname is Bags of Douche.

Go Gold! To Hell With White!

This ACC 2016 FB projection is more kind to the Jackets than I would have expected... http://campusinsiders.com/news/early-acc-football-rankings-2016-01-15-2016

(looking for rays of sunshine)
To me this looks about what I've been thinking now that the season is over. Maybe it's me being too optimistic but I just can not see another season happening like this one. I don't think 8-9 wins is out of reach. I figured we'd lose to Clemson, VT, Miami or Unc and UGA. End up second in the Coastal.

Nice! Thanks, mate. Welcome Mr. Lee. Wise decision.

We've done well with the young men we've attracted from Louisiana over the years. Wish we could get more.

Posted that in the wrong thread. i may have started drinking too early today.

That great philosopher, stech81, once said it is never too early to start drinking. Of course, he also refers to Cherokee County as "up north", so you have to take his philosophies with a grain of salt. Well, salt with lime and tequila preferably. But, I digress.

Per "Football Scoop"(careful what you step in):
Georgia Tech: Per source, Capital (D-III – OH) head coach Craig Candeto is resigning to become the assistant director of operations at Georgia Tech. Candeto is a former Navy quarterback, and fighter pilot who led the Capital program the last three seasons.

Former Navy QB's? Bring 'em on. I love that news. Welcome, Mr. Candeto. I actually remember watching him play in college. Tough as nails, but you probably knew that already.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Coach Owens has done an outstanding job repairing the broken relationship between Georgia Tech and Jordan Johnson's family. I never thought we'd be able to get them back to campus. Regardless of what happens with his visit this weekend and his commitment, this has been excellent recruiting.

Spring notes, 2016:

Burden, Cottrell are the only two players that will miss the entire spring camp.

As of now, there will be one or possibly two position changes scheduled to occur.

Spring notes, 2016:

Burden, Cottrell are the only two players that will miss the entire spring camp.

As of now, there will be one or possibly two position changes scheduled to occur.
Would like to see Cottrell in the spring just going to keep him behind the rest of the A-backs.

Really, I expect the team to be back closer to 8 wins next year. But I am hoping for better.

The key is the chemistry of the o-line. We need to hire Shaq Mason during the offseason to come in and evaluate the players. I bet he can get them going in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT