ADVERTISEMENT

2016 G.T. Football(incldg. late previews, incoming freshmen, fall camp, articles, et al.)

The game means a lot more to me than if we were playing at B.C.
Not only the opener(and as GTJT has pointed out, like the Volleybees, the start of our sports year), but for me with a "rich" Irish and Scottish heritage, it means more. Not that I would know any of those relations, and definitely too "poor" to ever visit.

Some of the t-shirts say Georgia vs. Boston. Only lacking two important words, Tech and College.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies to U.S.of America and State of Ga., but here is my favorite flag(unless a yellow smaller version is tossed on the field by an official vs. the opponent of G.T.)-

Won't post this in the recruiting section, but odds are Cortez Alston of Westminster is already friendly with our H.C. of Football at G.T.-

Hurling is a great sport. Watched a bunch of it while over in Ireland on business about a decade ago. 2nd fastest sport only to ice hockey.

The Irish gravitate to appreciate amateur athletes. The Hurling title played in Aviva Stadium from the different counties throughout Ireland are played by working stiffs. County Cork's team included guys I was eating lunch with at my client's site. These guys play in front of 50,000 fans in Dublin and national TV coverage, but earn an hourly wage at work during the week. Love it.

Irish (Gaelic) Football is fun to watch too. Assuming they still play it, there is an annual game between Ireland and Australia in a modified-rules game that takes in some of the Irish FB and Aussie FB rules (they are similar) for a massive game that attracts a ton of attention in the 2 countries. The huge (literally) difference is that the Irish guys are amateurs for the most part and are tiny compared to the mammoth Aussies, who are professionals. Australia naturally normally dominates the game.

Crazy side note, I wish CPJ and staff were able to make some inroads with a young Irish lad who might want to pursue American CFB. There are some good athletes who are tough as nails from that area and who may be good in CFB (ala Gotsis from Aussie Rules FB). Hey, you never know. Tech has a great reputation internationally from an academic perspective and Atlanta helps.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Hopefully, 60 degree temps. won't make for any hurling on Saturday by Tech players(should feel good after 90 degree practices that soared on up with pads, helmets and humidity):

This looks like Soccer to me, but trying to get a feel of what our team will be looking at, with the insertion of more fans, players on the sidelines and the high probability of rain:

Here ya go as the Mids march the field in their recent game against Notre Dame pregame...

Cashore-ND-Navy-14.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT