ADVERTISEMENT

(Non-GT)Atlanta Braves Baseball....new beginnings

stech81 is currently on special assignment. He is unavailable until after the 2016 Rio Olympics in August. I have him coaching the Malaysian women's badminton team. The Braves can keep their filthy, loser hands off of him. He's got shuttlecock to concentrate on.

Badminton and ping pong are big money sports in most of Asia. If Malaysia Women's Badminton wins gold this August, stech81 will be a very hot commodity among the coaching ranks. The Braves likely will not have the resources to attract a sniff from him. Not even unlimited Bud Light. If the Braves are smart, they angle with biscuits and sausage gravy. Hard to find that cooked well in most of Asia.

stech drinks Billy Beer. No way he gets to own an MLB franchise.
Funny thing growing up in Columbus Ga I have drank a few Billy Beers in the 70's but now it's Bud Light :)

Oh and GTJT , Sophia said to tell you hi. Pretty sure she will help win the Gold.

Last edited:
Hope they earn enough wins for that consideration. Don't know if the Braves are still looking to dump talent for prospect quantity right now. You'd think they had enough in the pipeline. Maybe they need room at the top to bring players up.

Mixed bag internally on firing Fredi. Any interim replacement would be until Bud Black can be hired.

Mets today bring young Braves back to reality, 8-0.
Good news was only 8 hits allowed, 0 errors.
Bad news contained the 20 th loss of an already tiring season.

Is it time for Fall Football, yet?

Brutal. Just brutal.

Faint sparks of hope dashed by a torrential flood.

Like the Spartans against the Persians.

Can't watch.

Schuerholz walked the new field in Cobb County yesterday, with a hard hat on(maybe a hard head too?). The Braves decided to have home plate face the south, due to wind currents and other factors studied.

This should go over well with Stech81 and his beer vendors. The sun won't be in their face while carrying 622 lb. coolers around a bunch of fat bellies.

Worst home record in MLB history is 18-59 by the St. Louis Browns in 1939.

That's a .2337 win percentage.

This '16 version of the Braves are currently 1-13 at home. That's a .0714 win percentage.

Just something to keep an eye on when it comes to pathetic"ness".

Thanks for bringing that "pathetic news" to our attention.

Maybe Greg Olson is available for a few bats and balls, again.
Maybe Stech is available for a few cases of Bud Light.
Maybe I'm available for another tube of insecticide.

Worst home record in MLB history is 18-59 by the St. Louis Browns in 1939.

That's a .2337 win percentage.

This '16 version of the Braves are currently 1-13 at home. That's a .0714 win percentage.

Just something to keep an eye on when it comes to pathetic"ness".
We can do it.

A tidbit to appease the true Braves follower. The seven major starters that the Braves have traded in the last two off seasons, are all having career worst years. Only B.J. "Melvin" Upton, who is not being counted as one of those seven, has a Wins Above Replacement over 0(0.5). He was a -1.6 in 2014.

Braves are now 1-16 at home. The Quest For History!

Turner Field is now like #13 or #15 at Augusta National. A visiting team that loses a game there feels like they've lost ground to the field...similar to walking away with a par at #13 or #15 at ANGC.

Williams Perez pitched a wonderful game last night, one run on one hit through 8 innings. 85 pitches. And I was pretty disappointed that he was not given the opportunity to complete the game. Poor manager decision IMO.

I'll take the 5-1 win, even against the Fighting Phils.
Closer needs work, we don't get many chances.

Only 2 home wins?We need several more to keep away from what was mentioned up above..

Being the Braves closer these days is like the old Maytag Repairman or a Ga Tech punter when 1) CPJ's offense is rolling and OL's are blocking somebody and 2) he is the CPJ of old that I miss terribly - i.e., the Riverboat Gambler version of CPJ that we saw at Navy so often and in the earlier years more frequently.

Chances are he was on a pitch count of not starting an inning when at 75 total. Roger might have been the decision maker on that one.
Also, on a Major/Minor League split contract, incentives are usually not drafted/amended in to the standard-unless a top draft choice. Complete games like Sherzer got with Wash. last night are not as important compared to tying the record for K's in a game at 20. He didn't mention the route job, neither did Dusty Baker in the P.C.

Being the Braves closer these days is like the old Maytag Repairman or a Ga Tech punter when 1) CPJ's offense is rolling and OL's are blocking somebody and 2) he is the CPJ of old that I miss terribly - i.e., the Riverboat Gambler version of CPJ that we saw at Navy so often and in the earlier years more frequently.
This team needs a good long Snapper and a good backup holder. I need another beer.

With it being near 3am in Kuala Lumpur, I assume you've been drinking all night since the end of badminton practice with the Women's National Team you are coaching. Get back to work. If you cannot stay focused on the coaching the Malaysian national team to gold in Rio, we can always have you do something more mundane...like, making radios.

You've been warned.

GTJT thought you may like this one.

A badminton player and a tennis player get into a car accident, and it's a bad one. Both cars are heavily damaged, but amazingly neither of them are hurt. After they crawl out of their cars, the tennis player spots the other's tennis gear and says, "So you're a badminton player, that's interesting. I'm a tennis pro... Gosh! Just look at our cars, there's nothing left, but fortunately we are unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should meet and be friends and live together in peace for the rest of our days." The badminton player replied: "I agree with you completely; this must be a sign from God!" The tennis player continued, "And look at this - here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of whisky didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this and celebrate our good fortune." Then he hands the bottle to the badminton player. The badminton man nods his head in agreement, opens it and takes a few big gulps from the bottle, then hands it back to the tennis pro. The tennis pro takes the bottle, immediately puts the cap back on, and hands it back to the badminton player. The badminton player asks, "Aren't you having any?" The tennis pro replies, "No. I think I will just wait for the police to turn up and sort this out..."

So we're what... 8-25 now? 2 wins at home?

Season is 20% over and we have 8 wins. Check my math, but that's a pace of 40-122. This could be a modern day record guys! How many modern records have we set in the modern era?

Twins are 8-25 as well. Could be an interesting race in the cellar.

Damn Scandinavians! Always wanting to barge into our territory. We'll show them who sucks worst.

Side note, not only do both teams tie for worst record, but they each currently have identical worst run differential on the season at -63.

More good news on the horizon though. While all other 4 teams in the NL East have winning records, we do host the Marlins for 3 towards the end of this month. The Marlins REALLY suck. We swept them earlier this season you may recall. We are 3-0 against the Fish and 5-25 against everybody else. And, in late July, we visit the Scandinavians for 2 and then they come to our place for 2 in mid-August. We'll determine who sucks the worst then. Bring it, Purple People!

So we're what... 8-25 now? 2 wins at home?

Season is 20% over and we have 8 wins. Check my math, but that's a pace of 40-122. This could be a modern day record guys! How many modern records have we set in the modern era?
I say we go for the 122 , we can do it , now go out there and lose.
As for the math part I only get 39 wins but I drink too much so let's go with yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT