ADVERTISEMENT

(Non-GT)Atlanta Braves Baseball....new beginnings

Somewhere I still think they will win 1 game this year.

Your hopeful and optimistic outlook is why you are on a fast track to that 3rd shift assistant supervisor role you've been wanting for years. Keep up the good work, mate.

Btw, haven't asked in a while...how's retirement treating you? Being around all your wives everyday I figure by now you are about ready to go back to work, eh?

One of stech81's wives showing him his honey-do list this morning... SIGN HERE

Your hopeful and optimistic outlook is why you are on a fast track to that 3rd shift assistant supervisor role you've been wanting for years. Keep up the good work, mate.

Btw, haven't asked in a while...how's retirement treating you? Being around all your wives everyday I figure by now you are about ready to go back to work, eh?

One of stech81's wives showing him his honey-do list this morning... SIGN HERE
Retirement not sure , we have Spent most of the time at the doctors offices. Wife had Cancer and we finished with Radiation so at this time all is well. Now it's my turn to make doctors office got the one coming up ( well you know if you over 50 ) hope to start traveling after this. Got my season tickets so looking forward to football season.Hope your family is well. This is one reason I haven't been on much.
By the way getting old sucks. It's not something young people could put up with. :)

Last edited:
After 3 innings the Braves have 9 at bats and have left 5 runners on base, while scoring 1 run.

Freeman not starting today.

Stech81-
You and I need to go to Med. School together. If we only complete two disciplines, we can cut out a few of the 622 Doctors we use in our families combined. Are there any Practitioners left in Metro Atlanta that we haven't been to? Sheesh, I was thinking of pitching a tent over at Emory. Maybe Coach Josh can get us a deal on multiple camping equipment at Outdoor World(he's going to need a bunch of it for Tech Hoops).

Surprisingly, Atlanta is in last place at 0-9 in the Eastern Division.

Walton H.S. is #23 in the USA Today Poll.

I wonder if anyone would notice if they traded uniforms? Probably, because the Raiders would win one soon. Bring back Levi Walker, The Chief, The Teepee, ole' WinWonSoony.

They will now go on a roll....surpass Tech 2015 Football win total. Pass the 21 hoop wins. Go beyond the half century mark....and unfortunately lose 100.

Typical Bravos... always messing up the fun!

Adonis Garcia: the next Brave off the island.

Last edited:
They are consistent and reliable.
Inconsistently bad and reliably terrible.

Trying to become the "new" KC Royals and Houston Astros. Forget 2017, even with the open salary structure. Target 2018, IMO!

Two in a row against the lowly Marlins. Break up the Braves or break out the Band or put on the brakes:

It’s been a rough season so far for the Braves, who only won their first game yesterday. But GM John Coppolella isn’t making excuses for his team’s poor start in an interview with MLB.com’s Mark Bowman. Coppolella points out that many teams that have enjoyed recent success went through tough times before emerging as winning teams. “I’m sure the fans of the Royals, Pirates, Cubs, Astros and Mets were frustrated a few years ago,” says Coppolella. “It took Kansas City nine years to reach the playoffs, and the Royals started out 3-14 in 2012, but they stayed patient and were ultimately rewarded.”

153-9 baby!!!

Yes, Copp! What we've seen thus far is truly astonishing! Never mind that what we've just witnessed is 2 wins against the one team that is likely as bad as the Braves.

Our team BA is .209... let that sink in... 28th out of 30 teams.

Our team ERA is 5.44... let that sink in, too... that's good for 29th out of 30 teams.

Despite the fact that we have traded virtually every serviceable player we had with value for a pitcher of some sort for the past year and a half.

Wake me when it's over.

Say this about the Braves, even in the losses, many times they are coming in and getting base runners in the last inning. They don't always drive them in, but they are creating the opportunity. Nice 10th inning win yesterday.

Dodgers are next. Much bigger challenge.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
After 4 innings, the Braves have a 6-0 lead on the Dodgers. Williams Perez came out early, so this could get entertaining with our bullpen.
Could this be 4 straight?

I'm just hopeful the Dodgers and Braves combine for 7 1/2 runs or more. ;)

Atl. leading 8-1...you got the over. Up that credit card limit for our retiree friend?

Final, 8-1. Dodgers with 3 errors.

Last edited:
Nice win over the Dodgers. The Braves put the ball in play and forced the Dodgers to make a play. Still had scoring opportunities where they did not come through, but overall a solid game.

In other Braves news... Aaron Blair turned in a great game last night in Gwinnett.

Speaking of Blair(after the third extra inning game this season, with one win):

The Braves have optioned right-hander Williams Perez to Triple-A Gwinnett, and his rotation spot could be filled by either Mike Foltynewicz or Aaron Blair, writes MLB.com’s Mark Bowman. Both right-handers have come over to the Braves in high-profile trades over the past 15 months, with Foltynewicz arriving by way of the Evan Gattis trade and Blair coming over from Arizona alongside Dansby Swanson and Ender Inciarte in the Shelby Miller blockbuster. Blair’s stock is currently higher after Foltynewicz struggled in his Braves debut last season, but Bowman notes that Atlanta could also elect to keep Blair in Triple-A to gain more experience and delay the start of service time/arbitration clock.

Tough loss last night. More RISP and left on base. On going theme. They can get base hits, but can't seem to get the big hits to drive them home, doubles, triples, home runs...

Only copied 20, my IPad got sick after that:
1: Cleveland Spiders - 1899 - 134
2: New York Mets - 1962 - 120
3: Detroit Tigers - 2003 - 119
4: Philadelphia Athletics - 1916 - 117
5: Boston Braves - 1935 - 115
6: Pittsburg Alleghenys - 1890 - 113
7: Washington Senators - 1904 - 113
8: Pittsburgh Pirates - 1952 - 112
9: New York Mets - 1965 - 112
10: Louisville Colonels - 1889 - 111
11: St. Louis Browns - 1898 - 111
12: Boston Red Sox - 1932 - 111
13: St. Louis Browns - 1939 - 111
14: Philadelphia Phillies - 1941 - 111
15: New York Mets - 1963 - 111
16: Arizona Diamondbacks - 2004 - 111
17: Houston Astros - 2013 - 111
18: Washington Senators - 1909 - 110
19: Montreal Expos - 1969 - 110
20: San Diego Padres - 1969 - 110

So 115 is the franchise record?

Heck yeah! We can do that!

Go Braves! You can do that!

Enjoy Bob Uecker talking with Dave Letterman...about his career with the Braves and catching Phil Niekro....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT