ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs Clemson

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. Clemson. These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

Very disappointing performance. Not only physically but some guys mentally were not ready for the task at hand. Looking at some clips had me thinking guys were buying into the hype and that they could roll their helmets out on the field get a win vs. down Clemson squad. Reality set in quick fast and in a hurry. Not going to
hold you long bc this was depressing

giphy.gif

Great tonesetter for the game. Inside zone pressing the LOS and a burs thru hole. Nice reach block by Weston Franklin and good vision by #11 Haynes seeing the hole in the backside A-gap. The game plan should’ve consisted more of this imo

giphy.gif

Appeared pretty early on that #10 King was a bit off and he felt the presence of the Clemson defense. The motion indicates it’s man coverage and we are running double slants. I thought as soon as King feet was set, he could’ve hit the outside slant for a big gain, yet he pulls it down and takes the sack

giphy.gif

Another great run by #11 Haynes and more great blocking by Franklin and Scaglione

giphy.gif

This play represents why our defense is in the bottom in nearly every stat. Focus on the tackle.
One of the foundational of team has to be good aggressive tacklers. This head down, stopped feet and not bring your hips/legs must stop

giphy.gif

We are in Cov 4. The WLB #13 Moala is responsible for curl/FLAT. The RB immediately goes to the flat on wheel. That should trigger the Moala to cover this route and meet it at LOS or at least stop it from getting a the 1st down. This a lack of understanding the situation

@Boger2337 Zeek is still reading your comments
giphy.gif

great job Zeek taking on the double team and make himself thin to beat the double and force a sack

giphy.gif

Great leverage here by Zeek to get in the backfield for the tfl

giphy.gif

Absolutely poor effort by #7 Lane here. Always be that hammer and not the nail. The Frosh absolutely destroy Lane that the play

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Same defensive call and yet the same results. There is a few things wrong here and prime example of not know the defense. 1) the Backers can shade to the right due the safety coming down as the force/contain defender 2) we have 2 pulling Ol to the right and both of our LBs go left. Because of that, the lb can’t come of the but and make the take

giphy.gif

How to blitz: Hit it from with and hope your disguise can free you up like this

giphy.gif

how not to blitz i have no clue why Effort went left when the gap is right in front of him. One mistake there cost us a TD

giphy.gif

Textbook Coverage by Terrell but you would think with the chemistry King & Singleton possess, that King would throw this as back shoulder around the 13yd line since Terrell has him stacked and over the top

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News