ADVERTISEMENT

Couch Coach vs. Boston College

ibeeballin

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2012
Here are a few gifs i decided to breakdown to give an idea of what happened on field vs. BC. These are used to give others a different perspective on how to watch football. I don’t do this to disparage players or coaches, but to give insight to GT enthusiast on what I’ve learned as a player and avid football fan.

This is game was the antithesis of what Coach Brent Key sold it as. We lacked discipline, structure, and the aggression that we all believed CBK was going to deliver. What made this review so frustrating was we made it easy for BC with our mental mistakes not their scheme or talent

giphy.gif

King didn’t have a good day passing but Blaylock left him out to dry quite a bit with his poor route running. This RPO was the perfect call but with Blaylock not flattening this slant, it allows the DB to get an angle to undercut the ball and break the play up. Blaylocks lazy route running also contributed to the pick 6 imo
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

When we do play aggressive and attack blockers on defense. Good things happen. Good job by Tatum flowing and making the tackling for minimal gain

giphy.gif

This type of stuff drive me nuts!! You put 8 people in a zone multiple guys at the sticks. You force Castellanos to run out the pocket. #9 Kennard must rush him as soon as he’s outside the pocket. No need to back up or worry about at the TE. GO HIT THE QB!!!

giphy.gif

You can make the perfect call and still not execute. This was a big momentum shift in the game to me. This was a forced ball into double coverage. I’m not sure what #5 CPL is doing here as the lurker. He has no threat of a crosser and all other routes shallow. This should’ve been an easy INT

giphy.gif

Again, right call poor execution by King. We have a goalline pinch called which should allow the 2nd level to flow to the outside unblocked. #97 Eddie Kelly does great job taking on the block and eliminating 2 blockers. Unfortunately, King leaves his responsibility as the force/contain guy and sticks his nose in the pile of players and loses the edge
giphy.gif

We need a lot more this. Players making plays. Poor throw by Castellanos. Ball should be in the middle of goalpost or left upright. The throw to the right upright gave Harvey the opportunity to make this play

giphy.gif

Us being aggressive again and being rewarded for it

giphy.gif

Formationing yourself into a win. 3x1 set - if the boundary cb travels to the 3 WR side, that is dead give it’s man coverage. Good job the WRs creating pick and good ball by Haynes for the way score

giphy.gif

Special teams being special. A low snap screws up the hold and forces an extra point. Our margin for errors are too thin for these mishaps to continue

giphy.gif

You want your coach to do this??? Come out of a TV timeout to start the quarter on a crucial play with only 10 players on the field. Based on other replays, it appears Kennard was missing

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Even with 10 players, this should’ve been bottled up. Under no circumstances, Miles Brooks should be rushing the QB unless Sherrer wants to tell us that #11 should man up the TE which i doubt

giphy.gif

Over the past few weeks, one of past few weeks I’ve noticed some sloppiness in King footwork. Here the ball sails on him on a wide open throw that he’s made all year due to him being balance. The DT shouldn’t have influenced this throw. He be stepping into in not back.

giphy.gif

Here BC Running QB counter. We crashed the DL right to the formation strength. 2 issues.

#8 Makius Scott on the left has to continue his pursuit to the right and cross that OT face. By him trying to swim back left gets him sealed and creates a lane.

#1 Mile has to slow play this. There is no need to be in a hurry until you see the QB going to the edge. Him overrunning the play allows Castellanos to hit his head on the goalpost

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News