ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Period(s)for Spring, 2016& Potpouri

Thanks, mate. Both theacc.com and Tech's own official athletics page far under-markets ACC Women's VB. Hopefully, with less than 3 weeks until season starts and camp starting in a couple of days, we will get to see the TV and live streaming schedules released. I look forward to seeing that ACC Network Extra logo at the Watch ESPN site as well as at theacc.com...well, that is, if they choose to do it. (eyes rolling)

I think the VB's can finish higher than 7th if they play to their potential.

I politely refused to pose with them. Thought one of two things; (1)Could make me look a little too feminine, (2)Could bee mistaken for Stech81, the harem master.

Spotted in a hospital on Friday:

What football locker rooms? He most likely would proclaim, We already have them! Where do you think we dress at, the hotel?

Thank you to Richard for keeping up with beesball Alumni:

August 7, 2016 action

Alumni In Major League Baseball:
Rockies’ CF Charlie Blackmon (.305) went 1-for-5 including an RBI single.
Marlins’ 1B Derek Dietrich (.277) was 2-for-4.
Yankees’ 1B Mark Teixeira (.200) went 1-for-4 with an RBI double and a strikeout.
Orioles’ C Matt Wieters (.236) was 0-for-5.

Alumni In Minor League Baseball:
C Zane Evans (.212) went 2-for-3 with a walk.
2B Mott Hyde (.233) went 1-for-4 with three strikeouts.
RHP Dusty Isaacs worked a 1-2-3 bottom of the ninth to earn his second Florida State League save as Dunedin edged Brevard County 2-1.
SS Connor Justus (.236) was 1-for-2 with a walk.
C A.J. Murray (.209) was 0-for-3 with an RBI ground out and a strikeout.
RF Daniel Palka (.248) went 0-for-3 with a walk and a strikeout.

That surprises me considering how programs such as Montana Girls School of Mimes' Syncronized Swimming always seem to get probations from the NCAA while Kentucky Basketball and Alabama Football apparently are just clean as a whistle.

Harpring...what a hustler. Sheer determination. Received a standing ovation from the ENTIRE ACC Tournament arena when he was removed with a minute or so to go in his final game in a Tech uni. He was appreciated by everyone in the ACC. What an honor.

Watch Charlie Blackmon belt 3 homers in one game:
http://m.mlb.com/video/v1043403383/colphi-blackmon-produces-three-homers-vs-phillies/?tcid=tw_share

Heard an interview with Mark Texiera today. He stated that his time at Tech was special for many reasons including meeting his wife here. A special place, and why he was jumping at being traded to the Braves at one time from Texas. Spoke fondly of Hall running a professional program in the sense that everybody gets groomed to be a pro. ball player.

And this just in from our What The Hell For News Department in lovely Bozeman, Montana...

...the long-rumored purchase of Turner Field by Georgia State University has now been finalized.

Another monstrous venue for Panthers to host ghosts as fans?

b3owhoqiyaeqnsx-large.jpg

^^^20 minutes before Ga State hosting Texas State 2 seasons ago^^^

Full MBB schedule release should be on the horizon. Dates when the full schedule (time, TV, ACC games, etc.) was released over the last few years FWIW...

Sep. 2, 2015
Aug. 27, 2014
Aug. 22, 2013
Aug. 22, 2012
Aug. 24, 2011

Great pic. Glad to see Pan on campus.

I haven't confirmed this so going completely on the article, but I read this one over the weekend...

...Kansas State played its first women's soccer game in school history at the D1 level this past weekend as it debuted its program. The article went on to say there is only 1 P5 conference athletic program without a women's soccer program. And, of course, we know who that is.

Just some trivia. Went on to say only 29 P5 programs have men's soccer programs. A little surprising. I figured it would be more. ACC, Big 10 and Pac 12 have decent-to-good representation. Not so much in the SEC and Big 12.

A lot of schools have Title IX issues to deal with and women's soccer is a good way to comply. Tech doesn't and never has had any Title IX compliance concerns. Having said that, I just read the incoming freshman class has just north of 40% female student entries so we may be looking more closely at this in the future. Women's golf seems like a perfect program at Tech that doesn't exist. I, of course, knowing I am in the far minority on this, but I'd love to see men's and women's soccer at Tech. Maybe one day, though doubtful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT