ADVERTISEMENT

(non-GT unfortunately) March Madness Thread

A lot of nervous wagerers down at the end there. I had the OVER 145 (and won it thanks to that 3 hit by the Nova player with about a minute to go). Some others are probably screaming right now when the scrubs did nothing and the Nova player gave up a layup towards end (as well as OU not even trying to score with 8 seconds left).

Those who wagered on the spread weren't nervous at the end at all. LOL!

It's now ACC time. Two of our most cheating programs on display. Woohoo!

Final Four Factoid...Syracuse ties a record for the most losses for a team in the Final Four (13) and is the first 10-seed to ever make it this far.

Ho hum. Just another 44 pt win in the Final Four for Nova.

Oklahoma has squawked a lot this week about being the first to make the CFB Playoffs and Final Four in the same school year. Their hoops team found the same fate as their FB team did in the semifinals.

American and Big East Hoops are alive and well. Calling the SEC a power conference and not those 2 conferences (or the A-10) is a joke.

The realignment craziness driven by football and the overreaction to football driven media money has caused most sportswriters to lose their mind in the last 10 or so years. There is a Power 5 for football and there is the so-called autonomy they recently voted for themselves. Those things don't change the Big East from being a major conference in basketball.

The American? Hmmm. That is a more difficult question. Does UConn, Cincy, and Temple make it a major conference (Larry Brown's SMU team isn't a major program IMO, just an aberration)? I'm not sure. Maybe it is more like the old Metro, a non-major conference with a few major programs. I can see either side.

In Kenpom's conference averages (it is a stretch to call them conference ratings) the Big East is 3rd, the SEC 6th, and the American is 7th, the A-10 is 8th, then a big drop to the Colonial.

I guess at some point it doesn't matter it's still a loss and you don't have to stay up late thinking if only.

True. Often, I'd rather lose by 4 TD's than lose on a last second FG when you've given the game away at the end. Being a Redskins fan, I have a lot of practice over the years with this theory. Well, the losing by 4 TD's part, that is.

Your comment reminds me of one of my in-laws who once told me her chances of winning the lottery were 50-50. I said, "no, it is 1 in 7.1 million." She replied, "that's true before I buy the ticket, but after I buy it, it is 50-50 because either I win or I lose." I just went on about my day after that knowing I did not marry into a bright family.

OU goes down by 44 against Villanova - largest MoV is the history of the FF. B12 was far, far over rated this year, IMHO, and the ACC was pretty underrated.

Syracuse over-passing last few possessions. Cheaters starting to finally attack the zone in the middle of it. Getting to the foul line.

If the Fruits can get the Cheaters lead down to about 7 with 5 minutes to go, then they have them right where they want 'em. ;)

Go Villanova!

Can't root for the most corrupt and fraudulent collegiate athletic program over the past 20 years.

I'm pulling for Nova too. It's kinda depressing watching this game while our program is mired in a quagmire.

I did get the Cheaters @ +320 on an in-game ML wager. That makes this game a win-win. Cheaters lose - win. Cheaters win - win.

We were watching Mfon Udofia, they were supporting a 'Nova player he coached for 4 years. Seated on the front row, next to each other for over 2 hours. Jay is from Churchville, my Godmother from Dureya. Pat was very nice to my son when we met them. I'm a few years older than they are, could feel what being a National Title Champion would mean for them in this lifetime. I am so happy and proud for this humble man who loves the game and his family.

The kicker is, like Hewitt there were only a couple programs he idolized while at Marist. Villanova and Georgia Tech! Those days are gone. Glad for him and Patricia.

I did get the Cheaters @ +320 on an in-game ML wager. That makes this game a win-win. Cheaters lose - win. Cheaters win - win.

I played the over 149.5. I got very lucky. Never thought I'd cash that one. When the Cheaters' Paige hit that circus 3, I jumped out of the bed knowing the total had hit 148 and the game was tied. That pretty much sealed it for me. Woohoo!

Overall, that was a really good March Madness. Had the early round Cinderella drama with big boy Michigan State getting axed in their first game. There were dramatic shots like former Frenchy Jesperson hitting the game winner from halfcourt for Northern Iowa. The ACC had a record-breaking performance and brought a lot of money into the kitty. While the semifinals were not entertaining, you couldn't get a better ending than last night for the average Joe Fan. The championship was decided on the court where it should be....and, not waiting 4 to 5 weeks before starting it. Nice!

Hopefully, one day before we are all fertilizing daisies, we will once again see our beloved Jackets in the tournament again. Won't be next year or likely the year after. Probably not in 2019 either, but maybe - just maybe mind you - a ray of sunshine may fall over to our side by 2020. Until then...

DRUNK BUDDIES

...drink up, maties!

The 14 year deal was for 10.8 billion. If CBS and TBS split the fees down the middle, 5.4 billion each. So you get a fairly good idea of what they paid at TBS.

A more well rounded team is conducive to Tournament play. Take advantage of a teams weakness (they all have a few), while playing to your strength.

CJP will have us skilled enough to play zone when we need to break that out. Tech will run and not only in transition. If they send five to the boards, we will release Guards or an athletic SF. We will look to run, because it is a style great players want to be a part of. More open looks on the wings, even if the opponent gets a few defenders back. The half-court sets are still present. Defense remains tight, only with more accountability, activeness opposed to standing around.

Watching tape on Memphis, they did play together, especially when he had the thouroughbreds. We may have to play to our depth level next season, but early in games the future excitement will be on display.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT