ADVERTISEMENT

GT@Cheaters...Nov. 5...12:30 ACC Network Split Broadcast

Recall, it was the trip to Chapel Hell 2 years ago (and us giving up 48 pts in a late giveaway loss) that forced CTR to reportedly stay up all night upon return to Atlanta and get things "fixed" defensively. I don't think CPJ talked about "simplification" like he often does after a terrible defensive performance. Instead, IIRC his mantra was "be good at something...either stop the run or stop the pass, but have to stop something".

Well, after that game, Tech didn't lose but once the rest of the season (ACCCG to FSU). And, the defense became a turnover-creation machine. As well as, our D went on an incredible streak over the last 5 regular season games + ACCCG where we only gave up a couple of TD's total in the 2nd half.

It won't surprise me if the Cheaters ring up 48 again in a couple of days. I have already braced myself for that potential. They put up 38 last year on Grant Field (after spotting us a 21-0 lead). Just hoping this time around, whether it is "simplified" or "being good at something" or whatever, that we don't look absolutely clueless like we did 2 years ago.

Hey mates, I just got off the phone with CTR and CPJ. They said I could share this week's game plan with you girls, but only on one condition. You can't let anybody know. So, please treat this information as super confidential.

So, here goes...

1. Win the coin toss. Take the ball first.

2. Score.

3. Kickoff. Don't let the Cheaters score. If they score, note that for future actions in the game plan.

4. Score again.

5. If the Cheaters haven't scored yet, then kickoff. If the Cheaters have scored, onsides kick.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

I can put this into a flowchart if you guys would like me to. I offered it up to CTR and CPJ and they said "what the hell is a flowchart?" I just laughed and laughed because I knew I wasn't going to do it anyway.

Reactions: Melanie1
Hey mates, I just got off the phone with CTR and CPJ. They said I could share this week's game plan with you girls, but only on one condition. You can't let anybody know. So, please treat this information as super confidential.

So, here goes...

1. Win the coin toss. Take the ball first.

2. Score.

3. Kickoff. Don't let the Cheaters score. If they score, note that for future actions in the game plan.

4. Score again.

5. If the Cheaters haven't scored yet, then kickoff. If the Cheaters have scored, onsides kick.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

I can put this into a flowchart if you guys would like me to. I offered it up to CTR and CPJ and they said "what the hell is a flowchart?" I just laughed and laughed because I knew I wasn't going to do it anyway.
I would like it in a PDF .

Reactions: Melanie1
Something like this?...

flowchart.jpg

Found this at the flagship university of the state of Georgia's engineering school. You know, the ones who claim they run the state.

Something like this?...

flowchart.jpg

Found this at the flagship university of the state of Georgia's engineering school. You know, the ones who claim they run the state.
Now that is funny. ;) It also could be used at unc for a test oh wait that means they would have go to class. most wouldn't know where their class would be at.

Tomorrow is homecoming at Chapel Hell. I guess this means Cheaters from years gone by will return to Chapel Hell to relive their years of cheating, lying, deception, deflecting, and outright fraud. I can see discussions around tailhooks of who were the best cheaters over the years. Maybe awards given to who committed the most fraud and covered up the best. Perhaps the best deflector in the 80's, 90's, and so forth.

What a pathetic university with pathetic people, pathetic alumni, and folks who continually look the other way when it comes to 20+ years (that is known, probably much longer) of fraud that they conveniently don't want to talk about...or, hold their beloved cheating institution accountable for. I have Control+D'd more than one Cheater alum's CV looking for a job over the past few years and will continue to do so. That is, as long as their cheating alumni base continues to make excuses and not admit to the fraud that has permeated their disgusting university over the past 2 decades. I encourage others to do the same.

To hell with them. A pathetic stain on intercollegiate athletics as a whole, but particularly the Atlantic Coast Conference.

AJC's Ken Sugiura answers some N&O questions... http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article112563312.html

Ken pretty much nails it throughout I think. I had forgotten about this nugget...

AC: We talked about what UNC's comeback in Atlanta last year did for the Tar Heels. What were the lasting effects of that game for the Yellow Jackets?

KS: He didn’t talk about it this week, but Paul Johnson has made mention previously of the impact that it had, that it was a turning point game for both teams. At that point, Georgia Tech was 3-2 and had lost two in a row to Notre Dame and Duke, pretty much stripping away all of the excitement that fans had for 2015 after such a stunner in 2014. Tech went up 21-0 and you guys know the rest. It was the biggest lead given up in a loss in Tech history. (Worth noting: Tech gave up all of a 28-7 halftime lead to Duke to match the North Carolina loss, but came back to win it in the fourth quarter.)

If you remember on this site, I said before the contest last year that this was our make it or break it game. The F$U was the one big upset we seem to pull every year.

Ups and downs with younger teams...had 39 Fr. & Fr.-R. last season.

Just hoping our offense lines up right tomorrow. I hate it when we don't line up right.

I didn't see this one, just listened to the call as my daughter was playing a golf tournament. Not sure I can bring myself to watch the replay. On the call, it sounded like we brought numbers on defense from time to time, but no real feel for how much we were doing it. What sort of stuff was CTR calling today?

It's been a very long day. I'll stop there for today. The extra hour of sleep tonight couldn't come at a better time.

(Go Cats! Nice job, JMU!)

Texwood-
Looked to me like the Heels were spreading the field and isolating on those smaller corners or as you, I, others, pointed out with our secondary last week, playing off the ball because we are afraid of our own.When AJ or Corey blitzed, they checked. When we shot a small corner through, they hit a target on the outside wide open underneath. We put Walker in during the second half, to try some size, athleticism on a corner, so they went to the other side, to my recollection.When you give up around 600 yards, 48 points, and were turnover free until the game was virtually over, there is no way to defend the defensive effort.

Once JT5 went out, Jordan became one dimensional. Therefore, the offense was no help in regards to any rally. Although, we weren't keeping up with them in scoring all day as it was.

We are now 1 game under .500 since the beginning of the 2010 season against P5 opponents. Soon to be 2 games under coming up this Saturday at Blacksburg. And, second straight losing ACC record after 19 straight years of .500 or better.

3 straight losses to the Cheaters. And, we get this quote about our defense from our Head Coach...

On his perspective of defense coming from an offensive background:
I guess I’m ultimately responsible for all of it, so we have to go back, and clearly that’s two weeks in a row where we’ve given up almost, or I guess we did give up, 600 yards. Fortunately, we held the ball some in the second half, and we had some long, time-consuming drives or it would have been worse. It’s disappointing.”

You *guess* you're ultimately responsible for all of it? What an asinine statement. Added to the growing list of other asinine statements he's been making of late.

On Dedrick Mills:
“[Dedrick Mills] did okay. There were some plays we missed, but he’s a freshman. He’s going to make some mistakes. There’s no margin for error, and we’re not good enough offensively to have no margin for error. It’s just the way it is. When Kenny [Cooper] went in there, we’re playing three freshman offensive linemen and a true freshman running back. Four guys.”

Another interesting comment. So, we are now blaming inability for this offense to do much of anything against a porous defense on playing true freshmen? What does that say about the recruiting for the previous 3-4 years that we are having to rely on 4 true freshmen? Who is responsible (ultimately) for recruiting (and development of players)?

I thought blaming having to play freshmen was last year's main excuse. We are doing that again? I guess we will again next year? I guess we just didn't line up right yesterday. We tend to not line up right on offense when we suck.

Watched the replay and CTR did call an aggressive game but we were getting gashed whether we were zoning it or playing man. CTR was mixing things up more than usual - probably trying to find something that would work. Obviously nothing did. Our defense has stunk up the field these past two weeks. This is a depressing state of affairs.

That made me think back my high school days. The team we were playing took the kickoff and marched down for a TD. The head coach ask what defense we were in, the defensive coach told him and he said to run something else. The next time they has the ball they march back down for a TD. Once again the head coach asked what defense we used that time. Then told the defense coach try something else. The 3rd time they got the ball same thing down they go for a TD . Next thing the defensive coach came over and sat on the bench with us the head coach asked him what was he doing next. He looked up and told him I'm going to seat right here and watch them score again that those 3 defenses was all we had .
Next year we have a new defensive coach.

I really wouldn't mind an entire regime change. First time I've truly felt that way since CPJ arrived. We've never been worth much defensively since he's been here. Doesn't matter which coordinator, which scheme, etc. And now, he's saying a lot of really stupid things.

Our offense is a stinky pile of cow dung.

I really wouldn't mind an entire regime change. First time I've truly felt that way since CPJ arrived. We've never been worth much defensively since he's been here. Doesn't matter which coordinator, which scheme, etc. And now, he's saying a lot of really stupid things.

Our offense is a stinky pile of cow dung.
I understand how you feel . But because I was asked by someone I wrote a check when we brought him in I need to hope he will turn this around . ( may not have been the smart thing to do but I have done other dumb things ) . I still think we are close but I would have to give him 1 more year. Just not sure what is happening on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT