ADVERTISEMENT

GT@Cheaters...Nov. 5...12:30 ACC Network Split Broadcast

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Cvi-tUIWYAAHheo.jpg:large

Based on our defense's ineptitude, I think the game plan at Cheaterville is not to give up less points than them. Instead, I think we need to score more than them.

Onsides kicks...going for it on 4th and whatever (often)...anything to keep our D and the Cheating O off the field. If the Cheaters get the ball, consider just giving them the TD so we can get our O back on the field.

Stay tuned... popcorn

Points allowed to the Cheaters the last 4 years...

2015 = 38
2014 = 48
2013 = 20
2012 = 50

Avg = 39.0

Points score on the Cheaters the last 4 years...

2015 = 31
2014 = 43
2013 = 28
2012 = 68

Avg = 42.5

Long-range weather forecast calling for clear skies at Chapel Hell and high of 71.

Come on night game. I have a wedding at 2:00. Who the F$&@ gets married on a Saturday in the fall? but the reception is at a golf course so I can watch if it is.

Come on night game. I have a wedding at 2:00. Who the F$&@ gets married on a Saturday in the fall? but the reception is at a golf course so I can watch if it is.
Who has and friend that would get married on Saturday during football season ? ;)

I will write you a note and say you are too well to attend.

(Katie to Boone in Animal House)

:D

Saturday, November 5
Louisville at Boston College, noon, ESPN2*
Georgia Tech at North Carolina, 12:30 p.m., ACC Network – split*
Pitt at Miami, 12:30 p.m., ACC Network – split*
Virginia at Wake Forest, RSN, 3 p.m.
Syracuse at Clemson, 3:30 p.m., ABC/ESPN2*
Virginia Tech at Duke, 3:30 p.m., ESPNU*
Florida State at NC State, 7 p.m., ESPNU*

Some other opening lines of note FWIW...

Cesspool -2.5 at Kentucky
Navy +3.5 vs Notre Dame (at JAX)
Air Force -1.5 at Army
Ga Southern +25 at Ole Miss
Louisville -24.5 at BC
Pitt +3.5 at Miami
Virginia +2.5 at Wake Forest
Syracuse +26 at Clemson
Va Tech -11 at Duke
Florida -3.5 at Arkansas
FSU -6.5 at NC State
Alabama -7.5 at LSU
Nebraska +14 at Ohio State

Obscure stat du jour...

...over the past 4 seasons against the Cheaters, we have only created 3 turnovers. None in last year's loss. We got an INT in '14 and '12 and we got 1 fumble in '13.

We got 3 TO's (which was nice to see) against Duke this past Saturday - we had 6 total thru our first 7 games. This moved our TO margin for the season as a whole to now -1.

I bring this up because for us to have any chance whatsoever Saturday afternoon at Chapel Hell, I think we are going to need to create some turnovers. Let's face it, the Cheaters are going to score. They have a potent offense. They've had a weak off to prep and heal up. And, recent history advises us they will score. It also advises us WE will score. Gene Chizik's defense isn't all that. JMU ran all over them earlier this year, for instance. The Hokies threw up 30+ on them in a monsoon.

We sure could use another 3 TO's like we had this past Saturday. Some 3-and-outs of course would be welcome just as much, if not more, but I'm not expecting that to happen much, if at all. While at it, we've got to hang on to the ball ourselves. While we got 2 fumbles from Duke, we also gave 2 away...one of them giving Duke the ball at our 14 yd line. Give the Cheaters a short field - hell, they can score on a long field at any time - and we're toast.

Obscure stat du jour...

...over the past 4 seasons against the Cheaters, we have only created 3 turnovers. None in last year's loss. We got an INT in '14 and '12 and we got 1 fumble in '13.

We got 3 TO's (which was nice to see) against Duke this past Saturday - we had 6 total thru our first 7 games. This moved our TO margin for the season as a whole to now -1.

I bring this up because for us to have any chance whatsoever Saturday afternoon at Chapel Hell, I think we are going to need to create some turnovers. Let's face it, the Cheaters are going to score. They have a potent offense. They've had a weak off to prep and heal up. And, recent history advises us they will score. It also advises us WE will score. Gene Chizik's defense isn't all that. JMU ran all over them earlier this year, for instance. The Hokies threw up 30+ on them in a monsoon.

We sure could use another 3 TO's like we had this past Saturday. Some 3-and-outs of course would be welcome just as much, if not more, but I'm not expecting that to happen much, if at all. While at it, we've got to hang on to the ball ourselves. While we got 2 fumbles from Duke, we also gave 2 away...one of them giving Duke the ball at our 14 yd line. Give the Cheaters a short field - hell, they can score on a long field at any time - and we're toast.

So true. GT will need to force some turnovers. And we can't be giving them back either. The defense is having a tough time as it is without having to face short field opportunities.

Pushed a guy at a frat party? Hmmm...guilty as charged many times. Sometimes those guys won't make room to the nearest keg so you have to push your way in. And, I wasn't even invited.

Bummer. Not surprised I guess. That was one tough lick he took.

Hope he gets better and quick. You KNOW he wants to play at the Toilet Bowl just after Turkey Day.

Hoping PJ Davis is back this week. Boy, do we need him...badly (IMO).

CPJ on Jalen Johnson situation... http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/p...et-all-the-facts-come/9wzqirth7PNcSOGrWJNTsK/

Johnson said that “we’ve talked to several people” and gave indication that his decision to not take immediate action was not based solely on the principle of presumption of innocence.

“Now, if this was a slam dunk, and we knew what happened, then you act, but you wait and find out all the facts and act accordingly,” he said.

He later added, “I’m not sure this is going to be an issue when it all plays out.”

I think our offensive woes are diminishing. The Dookies typically play CPJ's O about as well as anybody not named VPI. We put up a crapton of yards on them, and we should put up a burn more paths through the Cheats' D than their athletes to the AFAM registration line.

I say let play first team to 100 wins.

AJ has a bright future. Stay healthy, keep progressing...will have a fruitful career at the next level.

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks the Cheaters' QB, Mitch Trubisky, as his top QB heading into next spring's NFL draft. A bit surprising.

From The Daily Cheater:
http://www.dailytarheel.com/article...rgia-tech-and-more-at-weekly-press-conference

Perhaps the biggest news over the bye week was ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. listing Trubisky as his highest-rated quarterback among those eligible for the 2017 NFL Draft.

Trubisky — a redshirt junior who can declare for the draft after this season or return for one more year— was listed as the 14th-best player in the draft on Kiper’s rankings.

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks the Cheaters' QB, Mitch Trubisky, as his top QB heading into next spring's NFL draft. A bit surprising.

From The Daily Cheater:
http://www.dailytarheel.com/article...rgia-tech-and-more-at-weekly-press-conference

Perhaps the biggest news over the bye week was ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. listing Trubisky as his highest-rated quarterback among those eligible for the 2017 NFL Draft.

Trubisky — a redshirt junior who can declare for the draft after this season or return for one more year— was listed as the 14th-best player in the draft on Kiper’s rankings.
14th best player but the top QB. Interesting opinion.

RyanS12 and Texwood... if you aren't making it down/over to Chapel Hell - and if you don't have a local affiliate covering the game - it appears your areas will have the game available via ESPN-3/ACC Network Extra (green shaded areas in map below)...

2922173.jpg

Also, the game will be streamed live via theacc.com... http://www.theacc.com/page/acc-network-tv

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT