ADVERTISEMENT

Ga Southern@GT...Oct 15...12:30pm (RSN)

Poll question...

Tech's defense allows or disallows a TD on Southern's first offensive possession this Saturday?

Follow up question...

If we allow a Southern TD on their first possession, should we:

a. declare CTR is a witch and burn him at the stake?
b. blame Dave Braine?
c. pour a double bourbon knowing it may be a long afternoon?
d. declare CTR is a witch and grill him as steak?
e. all of the above

E.
You may substitute dual 6 packs of beer for the double bourbon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the blue "buzz" for the story:

....for anyone attending the game, gates open at 11a.m. on Saturday. YJA between 10-10:30 a.m.

Georgia Tech wrapped up the final day of padded practice on Wednesday as the Jackets get ready to host Georgia Southern who gave them all they could handle in 2014. Head coach Paul Johnson said his team is pretty banged up after playing five P5 schools in the first six games.

"Practice is going okay, it really hasn't been a problem all year," Johnson said. "We are making some progress getting guys back, but we pretty banged up. It was a pretty physical game on Saturday."

Among the injured are both starting tackles Andrew Marshall and Trey Klock as well as starting right guard Shamire Devine. All three left the Pitt game with injuries though Marshall was able to return while Devine tried twice to play but was unable to play more than a snap because of an ankle injury. Klock has been nursing an ankle injury off and on since the Mercer game.

If the Jackets can get a comfortable lead against Georgia Southern this week, look for the Jackets to mix in backup center Kenny Cooper and offensive tackle Jahaziel Lee both of whom are true freshmen who have played sparingly this season. Johnson said that isn't a key.

I'm going to invoke the due-theory and say that our defense is due to not give up a TD on the first drive. If the due theory doesn't work, I'm a big fan of scapegoating someone who isn't around here anymore, so Dave Braine gets the blame.

So you're down for a "B" for Braine?

We only need a "C" for Clinton, and a "D" for Donald. She is the double drink pleasure and he's getting grilled tougher than a ten cent/no sense steak.

This political commentary, brought to you by the guy who can't make a radio, but can put the batteries in.

I haven't blamed Paul Hewitt for anything lately and am behind in my quota for the year. So, I'll give him some blame no matter what. Certainly, CPJ won't take the blame. ;)

Correct sir on CPJ, he thinks we have a shot at the Coastal and wants fans to stay on the bandwagon(like some of us would know how to jump off and not hurt our own self).

I'd pivot too, if I had 3m. a year riding on my popularity. Please take the ball first, if winning the toss. I realize, I say that every week.

Concerning Hewitt, I'll change over to the "F" from my previous E, and give him full blame for the defense if we cannot hold them on that first possession.

I guess the opposing OCs are really good at scripting a good first series against GT.

What's GSU's chances on a first series TD? 50/50

Random observation...

...ever notice when CPJ deflects accountability and indirectly blames his players he likes to use the line of "if we'd line up correctly" or WTTE?

Who knew our offense was so damn complex that a perceived simple concept of "lining up correctly" would be such an incredible challenge for highly intelligent student-athletes?

Amazing.

:eek:

Yes, he has come up with excuses for poorly played games for more than 8 seasons. Just say the Pitt. game was close and I didn't make good decisions, while they played well in the clutch. Take the heat off of the players. Now we're hearing, it's Gary Brown cartooning around out west, or Preddy leaving, or injuries to Griffin and Whitely, as we only have 14 or 15 OL.

This week's episode of As The GT Football World Turns was CPJ asking the Tech fanbase to not jump off the bandwagon. And, we are not out of the Coastal race...yet.

OK.

It's the old bell curve. 15% on each end and then 70% in the middle. 15% on the far right are with you no matter what. 15% on the far left of the curve aren't with you at all. It's the 70% in the middle who are swayed one way or the other. And, I don't consider cynics or skeptics in the far left 15%. They are in the middle 70% and can be swayed. But, they need some evidence of positive change to ease their cynicism and move them farther and closer to the right 15%, where they will never fully land, but at least keep them going to games, giving money, whatever.

I'd suggest having a team that performs better would be a nice antidote for the 70% in the middle. Note, I didn't necessarily say "WIN" though obviously that is the best drug of all. Hey, I walked into Heinz Field leaning towards the left of the middle 70% and walked away feeling better (and, we lost).

Go out tomorrow and kick the ever living crap out of GSU all over the field. Open up the offense like we saw more of last weekend and bits against Miami the week before. Stop being so damn predictable in play calling. The flip side - while a real possibility that I don't want to even think about at the moment - is we go out tomorrow, play lethargic, miss a ton of tackles, turn the ball over, miss wide open receivers, etc., and all of our sphincters are tighter than a tick on a dog's johnson midway 4th quarter and the "bandwagon" and that middle 70% vanishes in thin air...well, humid muggy air that is...after all, it is Atlanta. But, I digress.

Do you really believe the view that #5 on the list you posted is on the hot seat?

------------------------------------------------------------------

My prediction on the Hive was GT-28 & GSU-27. I'm 29th over there out of the regular couple of hundred. Trying to get another top 20 finish, however hoping I'm way off and Tech wins by your score.

We always play a stinker and win one we are not supposed to win. This could be the stinker, and watch us take either VPI, UNCheaterville or Dumb Mutts.

I don't, but I *DO* believe if we lose to GSU tomorrow (pity the thought) that his behind will be hot as stech81's multiple wives. Wait. That wasn't written correctly. Nevermind.

The gist of the article hinted at guys who better not come up short tomorrow and in that context, I agree with CPJ being listed. This season can and perhaps will still turn out really well. A loss tomorrow could spiral it and CPJ's future at Tech downward.

I *DO* think it is that important tomorrow. Big game. No, make that a VERY big game. I'm of course expecting the team to step up and perform well. Fingers crossed. I'm really not interested in another week of excuses and deflecting nor any discussions of new coaches, staff changes, commits thinking about those things, etc. Actually, it would be two weeks of misery since we are off next week. Pity that thought. Ugh. Blow 'em out, Jackets!

Woohoo! Way to get this party started Jackets!! Alright defense, you are due for a stop on the 1st drive, no?

GSU enters the half with a little bit of momentum behind them. Let's regroup in that locker room and punch these guys in the mouth to start the 3rd quarter.

Good win by the Jackets. 4-3 heading into an off week. Good timing.

Good win by the Jackets. 4-3 heading into an off week. Good timing.
35 points on 55 plays still need the D to play better. Safety blitz looked good , Brad Stewart made a great catch for a first down. Jahaziel Lee play OT ( true Freshman ) looked good.

and Tech wins and uga got beat by Vandy.BANANA SPLITSBANANA DEVILBANANA DARK HAIREDbackpedalRock HornsMECHANICAL BULL;)

Always a great day when the Jackets win and the Scumbags lose (especially to Vandy). LOL!

Tip of the cap to Corey Griffin and AJ Gray today. Those 2 guys combined for 17 tackles, 6 tackles for loss and 1 huge sack by CG on a key 4th down attempt by GSU out near midfield.

GSU entered the 3Q with only 200 total yards of offense. Late game drives where we were trying to keep everything in front of us and force them to eat clock wound up skewing the totals a bit. Overall, the D played OK. Not great. Borderline good at times. Definitely need to improve during the off week. Duke's offense is not dynamic or explosive (except when they played ND's porous defense). But, the next 2 games after that will certainly test our D.

Kudos to the O-Line today. I thought that was perhaps the best pass protection I've seen since CPJ has been here. I'm sure there were other games I've forgotten which were better and maybe I'm just admittedly overreacting some because I've become so accustomed to seeing JT5 flee like a jail break, but seemed like he had time today and even some blitzing LB's were picked up as well a few times.

Nice!

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say losing to Rutgers-Durham twice in consecutive years is pretty bad. Maybe twice in consecutive decades, but not years. Duke has a week off like we do. They are in our house. I hope our guys - especially JT5 - want to atone for losing to these guys and really playing bad games the last 2 years.

Duke...Tech's homecoming game...brings back a lot of memories. Duke was our homecoming game every other year for a lot of seasons. Last I looked, they've been our homecoming opponent the most and by a lot IIRC.

Roof was up in the box today. I can only guess he was influenced by us possibly branding him as a witch and burning him at the stake (or as steak) if we gave up a TD on GSU's first possession today. No. 3-and-out babyyyy. We waited until the 2nd possession this week. :oops:

Corey Griffin has been playing well all year but he put in the best performance of his career today. He's making a strong case to be playing on Sundays during this RS Jr year. AJ Gray also had a strong game which was really nice to see. And yep, the O-line had a great day, especially against the pass. Speaking of career bests, Shamire Devine was eye-popping impressive today - against the run and the pass. Look out if the light bulb turns on in this kid because his ceiling is sky high. We are definitely starting our two best guards in Braun and Devine. And Jahaziel flashed some impressive athleticism today. Future is bright on the OL.

I think it has helped now that we have an assistant coach assigned to each of the 5 OL positions.

;);););););););););););)

That's what it takes to properly execute this insanely complicated offense. Sarcasm

Yep. I guess we lined up correctly more often than not this week. :D

I think it has helped now that we have an assistant coach assigned to each of the 5 OL positions.

;);););););););););););)
The tight end coach has done very well for us this year. I have not heard one person complain about the blocking of any tight end this year. I need one more beer.

Our tight ends don't block worth crap!!!

There. Done. It was there. I had to do it.

FIRE OUR TIGHT END ASSISTANT COACH!!

Wow. That sounds kind of dirty. Why do offensive positions sound like a lot of trailer park trash I dated as a teenager? Tight End. Wide Receiver.

But, once again, I digress.

Our tight ends don't block worth crap!!!

There. Done. It was there. I had to do it.

FIRE OUR TIGHT END ASSISTANT COACH!!

Wow. That sounds kind of dirty. Why do offensive positions sound like a lot of trailer park trash I dated as a teenager? Tight End. Wide Receiver.

But, once again, I digress.
Remember on offense you have to spread them out and pound them up the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT