ADVERTISEMENT

Duke@GT...Oct. 29

I'll change my pick if you think its that important. We can't be jinxing the Jackets. They have enough issues without dealing with our unanimous opinions.

All picks can be changed afterwards for a price.

I think we leave it as-is so we can test out this theory. If Duke wins (or covers), all of us can band together to decide the rest of Tech's season. It isn't about the coaches or players. It's about us fans. WE decide who wins and loses. HARUMPH!

:D

(edit note: and WE don't even need a dumb ass waste of money and space indoor practice facility either)

Wouldn't it be nice if our opponent enters the 2Q with a goose egg on the scoreboard for a change?

We've had extra time to prep for their mediocre offense. No excuses. Come out of the gate and shut them down from the opening kick, guys!!!

First let me say I like MM and JT. But with DM out we lose our power inside game. MM is a good back but from what I have seen he is not the type to lower his head and get that 3 or 4 yards if the blocking is not there like DM. This to me makes Pukes defense job a little easier. I would like to see MJ get to play 2 or 3 series at QB.I just have a feeling that duke will have 3 players waiting on the outside. MJ can hurt them by cutting of tackle and turning it up field. I still think we win this game if GTJT has told CTR what to do on defense. ;)

We're changing things up on D this week. Moving from the 9-5-7 scheme we've been deploying to a 14-2-9 scheme. Hoping the refs can't count. They are pretty much all insurance sales bass turds from North Carolina so our chances are pretty good they can't.

ESPN.com blogger... "is it a smart move to get a bye before facing Georgia Tech?"... http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_...teams-to-get-a-bye-before-facing-georgia-tech

You can file this one under the DUH files. It's a smart move to get a bye before facing any team, ya nitwit!

I did find this nugget encouraging...

But in the case of their game against Duke, the Jackets also are coming off a bye so any advantage should be negated. Not only does Georgia Tech have extra time to prepare, the Jackets are getting several key players back from injury. Johnson said he expects his full complement of offensive linemen to be ready to play for the first time this season.

I'm expecting this game to be lower-scoring than we've seen in most of our games so far this season. There have been 56 or more points scored in our last 3 games. I'm thinking this one is more like... 24-17 Good Guys get 'er done. Really hoping our D can come out of the gate and shut New Jersey out early (for a change).

I'm expecting this game to be lower-scoring than we've seen in most of our games so far this season. There have been 56 or more points scored in our last 3 games. I'm thinking this one is more like... 24-17 Good Guys get 'er done. Really hoping our D can come out of the gate and shut New Jersey out early (for a change).
I agree , I think we win but just not sure my 6.5 points are good , thinking we win but by 3 or 4. Which I'll take and be happy.

Some things I dug up...

-Duke has scored a total of 10 pts all season in the 3rd quarter
-They've only scored 30 in the 4Q
-1Q = 63 & 2Q = 58

Tech of course has been weakest defensively in the 1Q and 2Q, while being very good after halftime. Keep this in mind if the Jackets can have a good defensive 1st half for a change tomorrow. Duke's worst quarter defensively has been the 3Q where they've been outscored 48-10 this season.

One of JT5's better runs in his impressive portfolio of plays as our QB. Great start by both sides of the ball. Let's go defense!! Can we pitch a 1Q shutout for a change?

Blow their asses out, Tech.

Nice!....well, so far. ;)

BOOM! There's that turnover CTR has been talking about all week and wanting to see more of from our defense.

Let's go, Jackets. Drive it down their throats and go up 21-0 here.

Jackets looking focused early in a game for a change. Loving it.

14-0 lead at the end of the 1Q. Just what the doc ordered. Now, hopefully the guys can step on the pedal here in the 2Q and bump this thing out by halftime instead of letting Duke creep back in and/or ahead of us.

Great to see our guys come off a bye week and dialed in coming out of the dressing room. Especially on D who has struggled mightily early in games.

Folks want us blitzing? That's what you get some times when you gamble. Crap.

We had a chance to blow this thing open. New game now.

Need the offense to do something. Last 2 possessions have been poor after the sizzling start.

Great job, Jackets!!! Love all this throwing. Shut Cutcliffe's cake hole after his comments about our offense 2 years ago. Screw him.

Texwood, looks like CPJ is calling a different game against Duke. Lovin' it.

Missing the old days of homecoming with Duke and the DUCK FUKE card section.

One of the most bizarre fumble recoveries we'll see this season. Durham continues to cover his WR down the field not knowing the running back is about to run past him. Nice break for Tech.

LOL!

JT5 having a great day. D giving up way too many yards but created 2 key turnovers and 2 key 4th down stops. All that matters is the scoreboard at the end of the game. Hopefully, CTR and crew can dial up some adjustments at half.

Nice first half, Jackets!! Woohoo!!

Dumb timeout called by Tech with Duke having the ball at the 1/2 yd line. Really stupid.

Good grief. Fumbles again killing us. Sheesh.

tumblr_mb1k6fMk9h1ql9nrn.gif

Dang. Our guys are dropping like flies. 3 injured Jackets in less than 90 seconds. Sheesh.

Not looking good.

1st and goal at the 1 and we settle for a FG. Sheesh.

Need the D to step up here. Hope Butker kicks this one off thru the EZ.

Well, so much for Duke's worst scoring quarter being the 3Q. We've helped them out with fumbles. Not cashing in at the 1st and 1 may come back to bite us in the end.

We've had several chances to blow this game wide open and have pissed them away each time. Damn.

We come out of the 3Q break and call a timeout? What the?

Good Buddha. :mad:

Girls, this is looking ugly now. Just butt ugly. Remember the days when 4th and 1 was automatic for this offense? Damn. Just damn. FRUSTRATION

And, there's the screen pass for Duke. The best play in the game. Not even considered in our playbook though.

I guess our guys aren't lining up right now. First half, we lined up right. Second half, no lining up right. First half, CPJ is a genius. Second half, players don't line up right.

Ugh.

Defense has no clue in this 2nd half. 2 turnovers + 2 4th down misses covered up ineptitude in the 1st half while we gave up a ton of yards.

Duke is getting ready to beat us for the 3rd straight year. Amazing.

Hopefully, we can come back and win. Season will spiral if we lose this one. Sad.

Great answer by the offense. It's on them now because this defense of ours is toasted in this 2nd half.

JT5 with a great game. Wish the D could help him here.

A timely 3-and-out by our D. Thank goodness. About time.

Now, let's PJ Death March their ass to the final whistle, offense. Let's don't lose to these Jersey Girls for the 3rd year in a row. Please?

JT5 with a stellar game. Keep playing like that, young man. Woohoo!

Saved us today.

Almost 500 yds of total offense for JT5. Should be ACC POTW.

Any win at this point is a good win, I guess. Very disappointed in the defense in the 2nd half. The Cheaters and Hokies will light us up like a pinball machine. Good thing is we should be able to score against the Cheaters. Not so much at Blacksburg. Looking forward to spending the next 2 Saturdays seeing my guys in person.

We doubled our number of ACC wins from a year ago. Might get 1 more over Virginia, who is now beating Louisville by a point with 2 minutes left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT