ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 7 of 14 (Oct. 14-15)

Before I resort to cheating, next week I'm going to bring out my version of the ol' Billy Baroo.

images

That's right. I'm handing my picks over to Ginger.

images

That is, if I can get her to quit banging the other trailer park mutts long enough to make the picks.

Stay tuned.

Buzzforlife is on pace to be this week's big winner. If Wisconsin can hang on to this game, he'll turn in an impressive 8-2 week. He took 9 dogs this week. The lone favorite he took covered (Pitt). And, he was the ONLY one to take Syracuse.

Impressive Week 7 for our good friend.

Badgers up 10-0 over the Buckeyes. popcorn

I've got real monopoly money riding on the Badgers covering, and Buzzforlife cleans all of our clocks picking 8 of 10 if they pull it off. Given this intel, you have too pull for Wisky, no?

Absolutely. I'd love to miss this one, see the Buckeyes drop a game, and inch the lucky Clemson Tigers up to #2 next week (though I would've loved to see NC State win that game today). Well, that is, if Clemson still gets the votes. They may drop after their performance today now that I think about it a bit more.

I would have loved to see NC State pull that one off too (I have an old friend who is a Clemson grad, and that fanbase could use a loss, imo). I feel terrible for whoever the NC State kicker is. Missing two easy ones in a game like that is a huge load to bear...

What up with that? I'm ahead of BFL... just saying...

Dook +35.5 Yep
NCSU +17.5 Yep
UGA -14.0 Nope (yay)
GSU +10.5 Nope (crap)
Pitt -3.0 Yep
Miami -6.5 Nope
WFU +21.0 Yep
Alabama +13.0 Yep
VPI -19.5 Nope
Wisconsin +10.5 Yep

Overall this week... 6-4... not bad.

Thanks for all the praise, gentlemen!
Next week, should be back to normal since the Gin bottle is empty. Tuesday happy hour was nice, even though it came early in the day.

Glad to miss the Tech game by a half point, they need all the points they can get. Thank you Jesus, for allowing me to make friends with the Vandy folks last time we played there. Must have had something to do with that winning game vs. the evil ones today!

Kirby ain't so Smart, right about now!!

Just take my picks and go against them if you want to make $$$. Worst or tied for worst weekly record for the 4th week in a row. Woohoo!

Worst thing in the world is a 50-50 picker. You want either somebody really good (which we have a few in this contest) to ride with or somebody really bad (hello!) to go against.

It's all fun. Enjoying it.

I'm with you because a tie(50-50)is like kissing your sister.
The carriage turns back into the pumpkin at midnight, back to 3-7 next week-however just as much fun watching those ACC games and you all have made me a Tenn. fan coming out of this. BFL, Jr. always liked them, but now we both hurt watching the 'Bama game(if you call that a match). We both tuned in 92.9 in the car coming out of Atlanta, until landing a T.V. set to watch. Stopped listening to GT postgame when the Vol game comes right after ours.

It's enjoyable to be here discussing the games civilly with people who know football really well. If we could forecast like prophets every week, we'd be in Vegas or behind some other Internet site making a kings ransom.

Thanks for all the enjoyment and allowing the young man to be included!

Can I have 'Bama for an empty Gin bottle? Throw in the fizz from the glass with a 6 day leftover cherry on top. Toss in a Trump hat that says: Making out in America is great, again.

At this moment, the likeliest 4 playoff teams with plenty of ball left to play are going to be...

Alabama
Clemson (though on shaky ground)
Ohio State-Michigan winner
Washington

Other Undefeateds:
Nebraska (travel to Wisconsin and Ohio State on b-t-b weekends Oct. 29 & Nov. 5...read: soon to be defeated)
West Va & Baylor (they meet on Dec. 3rd but very likely each will have at least 1 loss, perhaps 2 or 3, by then)
Boise State & Western Michigan (Boise State hosts BYU late Thursday night this week...a lot of folks will be rooting for BYU...won't matter though as neither will have the credentials even if unbeaten to be considered)

It's a shame there isn't an 8-team playoff with auto bids to the 5 P5 conference champs and 3 at large bids. The loser of OSU-Michigan and Louisville (if they finish 11-1) are victims of being in the same division of a top 3 team and will not get a chance most likely. Same possibly for A&M.

What is ya, ignernt boy? Send me that and your record will drop from current 38-29 to 27-40...one game behind me in last place.

:p

I have "election stress disorder". 52% of Americans have this type of stress right now.
A friend just called to share recruiting information, told him I'll call back later today. He said, you're awaiting those picks again. It's a blast whether you get them wrong or right. No money riding!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT